Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

No more Hobby Lobby for me

Old 08-10-2005, 04:15 PM
GWR

Thumbs down No more Hobby Lobby for me

First, www.aeromicro.com is the best mail order company I deal with. I live near www.balsapr.com and pick my orders up; they're very good also. Go back to RCU and do a "search" for "NES", aka Northeast Sailplanes, and see all the complaints against this place. I can't add anything to that.
Attached Images  

Last edited by GWR; 08-10-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:43 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

HL are good folks contact Billy Hell directly and you will be taken care of. He is a super good guy....

Mike
Old 08-10-2005, 05:20 PM
admin
Administrator

Billy Hell is no longer with HL as of last week.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:29 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Really? Hmmmm that is too bad. Do you know where he is going?

GWR - contact Eric Metzler, Vice President. He too is a great guy and will take care of you.

Mike
Old 08-10-2005, 05:37 PM
William L Baker

Wink I have had no trouble with Hobby Lobby that didnt get resolved to my satisfaction

one helpful thing I have learned is that Hobby Lobby has a Customer Representative , name is Don McNatt. Ask for ,or email him and I think you will find him very courteous and helpful.His email address is donmcnatt@hobby-lobby.com
Old 08-10-2005, 05:41 PM
GWR

Isn't Billy Hell, aka Jim Graham, related to the other James Graham that founded HL? Maybe that's the problem, no more Billy Hell
Old 08-10-2005, 08:01 PM
GWR

I just got a PM from Eric at HL admitting they screwed up and would make things right. I'll take it all back when he does. It's just a shame you have to resort to these message boards to get action. Gary
Old 08-10-2005, 08:04 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

It's just a shame you have to resort to these message boards to get action
Funny in all my vendor dealings I have never had to do that.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:28 PM
GWR

Neither have I. I've heard from Don, Eric, and Jason and they're taking care of it now. Thanks HL
Old 08-11-2005, 12:20 AM
William L Baker

Angry help

I have wanted to send a reply to the overheating nippy black discussion but I cant write anything as I keep receiving a pop up saying I must reply with a message longer than one letter. To my knowledge I had not sent a message of one letter, how do I get out of that situation, it has happened twice ?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:10 AM
admin
Administrator

Your reply must have more than one character. In other words you cannot post a reply of "Y". You must have a couple words or a minimum amount of characters.

characters here = letter
Old 08-11-2005, 03:05 AM
A10FLYR

I can only say that I've had EXCELLENT service....better than could be expected.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:32 AM
admin
Administrator

good ratings in the mfg and retail ratings for HL and over the years I've read mostly good things about HL service and very few negative posts. Eric and the crew there are all good guys.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/dealers/de...partner_id=420

http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...facturerID=162
Old 08-11-2005, 03:38 AM
GWR

Bob, Eric, and Jason have corrected the problem. I don't know how it started but I only did as instructed and didn't get any help until I posted here. In the future, I think I'll let my LHS order the stuff and let them deal with it.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:50 PM
WWI Ace
triplane test pilot

I have always had very good luck with HL!! I have alot of their stuff and a couple of times I've had minor problems and they always seem to correct them in a timely fashion.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:18 PM
zappedalaskan

HL has always done right by me. I have dealt with them almost as long as tower. My only problem is the doof they call a mailman here. My LHS is a block down the street and all my mail order stuff goes to the LHS then I feel bad for not ordering through him. But I can get better deals mail order..even with shipping to here. HL gets a thumbs up from me..
Jay
Old 08-11-2005, 09:41 PM
glenclif
Batteries Not Included

I have always had good luck with HL. I have placed many orders, and only once did I have a problem. I made one phone call to customer service, the girl was very pleasant, friendly, glad to help, and the correct part was shipped the next day.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

I also have nothing but good things to say about HL and Jason Cole. I sent them back two motors that I killed and they sold me two new ones at half price. No questions asked. I didn't even purchase the motors from them initially. I also received them in a very timely fashion. I've found that things can, and sometimes do go wrong. Vendors ship hundreds of items a week. Some even more. I've found that if I keep a cool head things usually work out.

Just my .05 cents
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 AM
N3CLI
Retired Pharmacist

Default HL has always been good to me over the years

I have been buying from Hobby Lobby for some twenty years and have never had any problems. I know the founder Jim Martin personally and he has done a lot for electric flying over the years as one of the first to promote electric. For many years he lectured at the WRAM show in NY .

Jim has sold the company he tells me a few years back, and now works for the new owners as president.

They are great and have fast shipment and fair prices on their very large line of goodies. Email response is fast !

Fred
Old 09-18-2005, 06:53 PM
E-Challenged

Default Hobby Lobby is One of the Best Sources

Over the years I have been very satisfied with HL's courteous order taking over the phone, advice and information and service after sale. Mr L.A. Johnston and others have been very helpful with defective geardrives, recommendations on outrunners and geardrive, replacements, etc. It bothers me when somebody uses a bullhorn on a forum like this before they give HL a chance to fix a problem. These hobby items are built to a price, operated at their maximums and a few will malfunction. Try buying a new $60-100K motorhome if you want to see quality and assembly problems and grief with dealers trying to get things fixed under warranty. Forget about after warranty!!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 03:11 PM
glenclif
Batteries Not Included

Agreed !!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:01 PM
3dfoamworks

I hope to help out my fellow NJ flying clubs with great service as I'm working with a few clubs to provide club discounts from ordering on the on-line store.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:58 PM
hoppy
Watts up Doc?

Hobby Lobby has an excellent customer service department and reputation.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:29 PM
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

Been dealing with Hobby Lobby since 1999, absolutely no problems whatsoever.

Eric used to be in Sales back then. L.A. Johnston has always been there for me whenever I've gotten "stuck".

I am still buying from them and will continue to do so. They are a great bunch of people to deal with.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:40 PM
Doppelganger
Think I can fix it?

Hobby-Lobby, is a class act. No doubt about it. It's the only website I check daily.

Steve

Quick Reply: No more Hobby Lobby for me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11476 seconds with 12 queries