General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

They're opening a Hobby Lobby here soon!

Old 10-22-2005, 12:39 AM
ForestCam
Bad Influence

Default They're opening a Hobby Lobby here soon!

Only a few miles away!
Too bad it's this place.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:46 AM
qban_flyer

Unhappy

Originally Posted by ForestCam View Post
Only a few miles away!
Too bad it's this place.
AHA! The other Hobby Lobby. Too bad for you, I have a very good friend of mine who moved within a 20 minute car ride from "our" Hobby Lobby in TN.

Old 10-22-2005, 02:29 AM
turnwaldw

Well I hope the wife dont find out about it or I,m in trouble we are only about 30 mins away.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:49 AM
qban_flyer

Talking

Originally Posted by turnwaldw View Post
Well I hope the wife dont find out about it or I,m in trouble we are only about 30 mins away.
I'm sure she will one of these days. Look at it this way, both of you can be buying from your "independent" Hobby-Lobbys. She at hers 30 minutes away and you from yours online.

Old 10-22-2005, 06:21 AM
tailskid

I thought the same thing when a 'Hobby Lobby' moved into an old WalMart - it was the CRAFT Hobby Lobby, not the Hobby Lobby Int. we would like to see.

Jerry
Old 10-22-2005, 06:39 AM
qban_flyer

Question

Originally Posted by tailskid View Post
I thought the same thing when a 'Hobby Lobby' moved into an old WalMart - it was the CRAFT Hobby Lobby, not the Hobby Lobby Int. we would like to see.

Jerry
I wonder if they are "related". I just "visited" their site and went to their US store's map. Wouldn't it be nice if this map was H/L International store's maps?

http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/store/locations.cfm

Old 10-22-2005, 11:23 AM
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Funny you should ask that. They are not, but talking with them at the Joe Nall last year, they use that Hobby Lobby (craft Store) to their advantage. That is why there is a direct link to the R/C Hobby Lobby on the Craft Hobby Lobby web site.

They have one of those in Spartenburg, SC. I've never been in one. Like Micheals a lot. Next time I am in Spartenburg I'll check it out.

Old 10-22-2005, 04:36 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

We have one of those about 30 minutes from me, When I first seen it I thought it was the real Hobby Lobby, I walked in and was very disappointed.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:22 PM
turnwaldw

Ahhh she found out her girl friend phoned her today and told her know she has a date when they open. She asked if I knew about it and I said yes she then said well you can get your planes and stuff there. I told her they werent the same one she smiled and said to bad I guess you wont be coming with us .
Old 10-22-2005, 07:33 PM
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by debhicks View Post
Funny you should ask that. They are not, but talking with them at the Joe Nall last year, they use that Hobby Lobby (craft Store) to their advantage. That is why there is a direct link to the R/C Hobby Lobby on the Craft Hobby Lobby web site.

They have one of those in Spartenburg, SC. I've never been in one. Like Micheals a lot. Next time I am in Spartenburg I'll check it out.

Smart, very smart move on their part.

We have several Michael's around the D.C area. That's where I get my poster board foam and acrylic paints for my foamies.

Old 10-22-2005, 07:36 PM
qban_flyer

Talking

Originally Posted by turnwaldw View Post
Ahhh she found out her girl friend phoned her today and told her know she has a date when they open. She asked if I knew about it and I said yes she then said well you can get your planes and stuff there. I told her they werent the same one she smiled and said to bad I guess you wont be coming with us .
Well, at least you have the GREEN light to go ahead and spend at your H/L while will do the same at "hers". HE, HE, HE.

Old 10-23-2005, 10:23 PM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

Yeah, when I started thinking about getting into electrics this summer I started picking up backyard flyer and some of the other mags, I saw all the hobby lobby adds and thought "All right I'll head over there and check this stuff out" You can imagine my disappointment when I walked in the place.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:46 AM
qban_flyer

Talking

Originally Posted by fabricator View Post
Yeah, when I started thinking about getting into electrics this summer I started picking up backyard flyer and some of the other mags, I saw all the hobby lobby adds and thought "All right I'll head over there and check this stuff out" You can imagine my disappointment when I walked in the place.
All I can say about your experience is that I hope it did not happen on an April 1st! HE, HE, HE!

I'd bet you felt like one once you went in there and found yourself in the "wrong" Hobby-Lobby. I know I did!

Old 10-24-2005, 12:54 AM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

Originally Posted by qban_flyer View Post
All I can say about your experience is that I hope it did not happen on an April 1st! HE, HE, HE!

I'd bet you felt like one once you went in there and found yourself in the "wrong" Hobby-Lobby. I know I did!
Dried flowers! Fabric! Quilting supplies! Excuse me mam where is the RC department(Blank stare) Um......The what? To the best of my recollection it went something like that and got worse from that point on.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:57 AM
qban_flyer

Unhappy

Dried flowers! Fabric! Quilting supplies! Excuse me mam where is the RC department(Blank stare) Um......The what? To the best of my recollection it went something like that and got worse from that point on.
HEE, HEE, HEE!!!

I know the feeling, that familiar sinking feeling!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
vicman
Carolina Crew Ambassador

Go ahead and laugh. That is still the best place to get krylon short cuts paint. They also have the best deals around on rocket kits. Every few months they have a 50% off sale on them. They got some pretty cool stuff if you look around a little.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:44 PM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

Originally Posted by vicman View Post
Go ahead and laugh. That is still the best place to get krylon short cuts paint. They also have the best deals around on rocket kits. Every few months they have a 50% off sale on them. They got some pretty cool stuff if you look around a little.
You realize we are talking about the hobby lobby chain stores that sell fabric, dried flowers and stuff like that right?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:02 PM
vicman
Carolina Crew Ambassador

:p Yes Francis.

Go to the back of the store. I visit the one in Greenville, SC and Aiken, SC when I am on the road. Slot car sets, train sets, decal making stuff, all the modeling tools you can dream of. Makes Micheal's look like a convenience store. Oh yea they have great deals on rocket stuff from time to time too.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:08 PM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

:p Yes Francis.

Go to the back of the store. I visit the one in Greenville, SC and Aiken, SC when I am on the road. Slot car sets, train sets, decal making stuff, all the modeling tools you can dream of. Makes Micheal's look like a convenience store. Oh yea they have great deals on rocket stuff from time to time too.
Hmmmm...........Maybe I ran out of there to fast!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:14 PM
vicman
Carolina Crew Ambassador

I am confident they will manage to pry a bill or two from the cowhide retainer.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:29 PM
qban_flyer

Talking

Hmmmm...........Maybe I ran out of there to fast!
NAW! but now that I have been made aware of their selling Krylon paints in addition to the acrylics for ceramics I get from them to use on some of my foamies, I may go back when I need to re-supply my Krylon bin!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:31 PM
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

HE, HE , HE

I am sure their cowhide retainer "opening skills" are pretty well developed, though in my case I don't carry my $$$ in one of those anymore!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:51 PM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

No doubt, it flys open these days at the drop of a hat.:o
Old 10-25-2005, 03:54 AM
vicman
Carolina Crew Ambassador

Hey Fab, FYI I grew up in South Lyon and have been down here since I met a pretty S Belle. I am bringing her and the children she gave me back up in two weeks to se the grands.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:58 AM
fabricator
Mayday! Mayday!

Hey Fab, FYI I grew up in South Lyon and have been down here since I met a pretty S Belle. I am bringing her and the children she gave me back up in two weeks to se the grands.
Yikes! bring warm clothes, it's gettin cold and dark up here. Hard to get any flyin in after work anymore

Quick Reply: They're opening a Hobby Lobby here soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.11971 seconds with 8 queries