RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Micro 05S Reciever

Old 04-29-2008, 03:26 AM
lvmitchell

Default Hitec Micro 05S Reciever

Do you have to use a Hitec Crystal in this reciever? I tried to use a crystal that I use in my Futaba EX6. It did not work. The instruction say use only genuine Hitec crystals.
Lee Mitchell
Old 04-29-2008, 03:27 AM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Well it may be the shifts could be a problem. I think not sure.
Someone can answer ya, sorry i have used the O5S before but with a Hitec xtal, i think you would be able to use other xtals.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:44 PM
gyrocptr

Hitec Micro 05S receiver requires a crystal configured for a "single-conversion" Rx. Different brands of single-conversion Rxs may use different IF frequencies, and may be configured to accommodate a different "shift" (positive or negative), so it's best to choose Hitec crystals for Hitec Rxs. However, other brands of single-conversion crystals (e.g. Futaba, Berg, ...) might work.

The crystal for your Futaba 6EX is configured for a "dual-conversion" Rx, and won't work with the Hitec Micro 05S.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:50 PM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Hmm really? My Hitec Eclipse 7 is dual conversion and the 05S worked just fine for me, plus the 05S has autoshift. kinda weird.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:54 PM
gyrocptr

Originally Posted by GreenAce92 View Post
Hmm really? My Hitec Eclipse 7 is dual conversion and the 05S worked just fine for me, plus the 05S has autoshift. kinda weird.
Confused by your post. The Hitec Eclipse 7 is a transmitter. The Hitec Micro 05S receiver will respond to any FM transmitter on the same frequency/channel number.
My comment is that if you take the crystal from a dual-conversion Rx and install it in a single-conversion Rx, the single-conversion Rx will not work properly.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:06 PM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Hmm im kinda confused on your part too lol, i thought a xtal would work with any conversion as long as it was the right brand. I was talking about how my Tx is dual conversion, well i think it is ill look at the box.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Alpea42
Parkjets Rule 3D Rocks

Gyrocptr thank you so much.This means my Hitec Micro 05S Rx may still be good. And only need a single conversion crys. I was tryin to trouble shoot it's failure after a crash and didn't know about the single and double conversion difference.However I do recall that when I bought the 1st crystal the counter man asked me if it was single or dual conversion.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:15 PM
pilotpete2
Pilotpete2

Originally Posted by GreenAce92 View Post
Hmm im kinda confused on your part too lol, i thought a xtal would work with any conversion as long as it was the right brand. I was talking about how my Tx is dual conversion, well i think it is ill look at the box.
You are confused
First, there is no such thing as a dual conversion transmitter, or single conversion for that matter. This is receiver terminology only.
Second, under no circumstances will a single conversion receiver crystal work in a dual conversion receiver.
Pete
Old 05-01-2008, 11:12 PM
GreenAce92
RAWR!!! Lets fly...

Oh my bad, see i looked at my Tx box and when i bought it it came with the Hitec 05S and 4 servos and what not and on the side it had a list of what came, i thought it was saying what capabilities it had because it mentioned PPM and QCPM and then it said Dual conversion which must be for the Hitec 05S and i never really knew about the xtal being single or dual conversion, i just made sure the ch's were right and i hoped for the best(which it was best worked out great)
Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 PM
lvmitchell

Now What? I went and bought me a Hitec Xtal for this reciever. It still does not work. I have the radio set to PPM. Is there anything on the reciever that has to be set? I am just about to give up on this thing and go buy a Futaba like I should have done in the beginning. This is what I get for trying to save 10 bucks.
Lee Mitchell
Old 05-06-2008, 03:17 PM
gyrocptr

Could you provide a photo that shows how all of the components (Rx, battery, servo, ESC ....) are connected together?