ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

p-51d mustang

Old 06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
brown.jacob.p

Default p-51d mustang

is the radio that comes with this plane reusable if i were to buy a PNP?
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/catalog/...f/PKZ1800.html
Old 06-22-2009, 10:00 PM
Gnascher
Got My TX - Need 2 Fly!

No, it is a 27mhz radio which will only work with the HobbyZone receiver it comes with.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile TX

Gnascher is right

Last edited by Gohmer; 06-24-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: woops, thinking about the wrong airplane
Old 06-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Foamaholic
Electric since 1990

Better to get the bnf and buy the radio separately, like the dx5i or 6i that will give you programming and model memory. It isn't much more for the pnp but the radio is junk.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:53 PM
parrot pilot

Just my opinion, but just seeing that plane gives me the shivers! I bought one a while back and overall I was very disappointed. The foam "skin" is very fragile; not a good thing for a plane that has no landing gear and is not the greatest flying at slower speeds. The ailerons on nine never quite returned to the exact position twice. Looks cool flying by, but it seemed that every time I landed it would either take a tumble because of that relatively large prop, or it would get a "bruise" on that delicate skin. The last time I flew it it was impelled on a little twig upon landing; straight through the wing. None of the parts are reusable except for the brush motor (servos are 5 wire). The only good thing I found was that the hobby stores all seem to stock all of the replacement parts...hmmm I wonder why?
Dan
Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 PM
Foamaholic
Electric since 1990

Isn't that their old one, "Frankie"? The new one is "Gunfighter" and make of of Z-foam, very tough material. I have the Radian sailplane made out of it and it is very tough. Never gets hurt on landing.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
vaida32

How does the Z-foam compare to say Elapor in toughness and impact resistance?
I am tempted to get one of the new "gun fighter" Parkzone P-51's, but might be a while before it is easily available in Australia. I can get an Alfa Model P51D now for a good price, but it looks a little fragile to me so not so sure. Imagine the Parkzone version will be more robust. Anyone had first hand experience on these two?
Old 06-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Foamaholic
Electric since 1990

A friend had an Alpha P-47. It's a great flyer but is small and very light. He had damaged it a few times on landing. They say it is an eggshell. Still a very nice plane. The Z-foam is the same as Elapor. I can't tell the difference. It looks and feels just like it. The Parkzone would be way more robust, the Z-foam is bendy, the Alpha is not.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 PM
parrot pilot

I saw an ad this morning for the "next generation" of model aviation products. The newest Parkzone has apparently done away with the 5 wire servos, and has addressed the brush/brushless issue, as well as the lack of a rudder making it a hand launch plane without the option of LG take offs and landings by offering the option of adding a servo for a rudder as an upgrade. Funny but the only complaint I don't have about this plane is that the brush 480 motor with the gear drive did give it nice scale speed with the stock battery.