Go Back  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Reload this Page >

Hercules H6 will not lift more than a few inches off the ground

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Hercules H6 will not lift more than a few inches off the ground

Old 04-29-2015, 06:08 AM
radiator218

Default Hercules H6 will not lift more than a few inches off the ground

Hi, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to r/c helicopters. I'm wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what happened here.

I have a hercules H6 that was purchased from costco last year. It's nothing fancy, just something to play with in the yard.
Anyways, I used it every now and then, and it was flying just fine, over the house and the neighbours yards.
I set it down kind of hard in the grass, but nothing seems to be broken. But now, it will not lift very high off the ground. I can "fly" it around my garage, forwards, backyards, side to side, but it just "skims" over the concrete. If I try it in the yard, it will get caught in the grass. That's as high as it gets now.
All the rotors seem to be moving at the same speed as before, and it's just as loud as before.

Any ideas on what has happened?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2015, 07:30 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Usually it's the brushes on the motors wearing out, or maybe the battery getting tired. LiPo batteries are easily damaged if you leave them fully charged for extended periods.

You could also check that the rotors still spin freely and that the heavy landing hasnt caused something to slip and make them stiff.

Getting spare parts for this type of 'toy grade' copter can be difficult.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:50 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hope This Helps the top blade holder might be turning on the shaft, that happens after a crash, check the main shaft, make sure it not bent, check the gear mesh, make sure it did not tighten up, adjust if needed with a piece of paper between the gears, there should be a little gear slop. the videos below will give you other possible things to check for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5H3RNLaOtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R65JJYwSH50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Czz0tXmVig
Old 04-29-2015, 08:45 AM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Occasionally something like hair or string can get wound up in the main shaft preventing it from spinning up to speed....

That's a REALLY big issue for small co-axials if you have pets.... cat hair or dog hair removal becomes a normal pre-flight step.