Airfoilz support forum Discuss Airfoilz products or ask for assistance on those products.

Airfoilz grows!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Default Airfoilz grows!

Announced today:

Due to the overwhelming success of the Airfoilz product line, as well as the rest of our business, we completely outgrew our original facility. As a result, we moved into a new, much larger building the first week of March. Now that we have the extra space, we will be able to stock more products, and well as expand our line of product offerings in the future. We want to thank all of our loyal customers for their support, and we look forward to continued growth throughout the upcoming years. Note the new address below.

2/7/10
  • The new BipeNX is in stock
  • We have a new dedicated R/C Helicopter site http://3dxheli.com
  • New Flightmax Lipos in weekly
  • RCGF Gas Motors in stock
About Us 3DXhobbies.com serves the R/C community with the utmost dedication and enthusiasm. We are a brick and mortar hobby shop and a exclusive Airfoilz dealer. Our prices are low and use what we sell. We offer building and repairing services as well as training for both Helicopter and Airplanes. Location & Hours 3DXhobbies
338 RT 22
Green Brook NJ 08812
732-424-6400 (main)
888-317-8016 (toll free)
Sales@3dxhobbies.com

Web Store Open:
24/7 and customer support
Store open-
Wed-Fri 12:30 to 6:30pm
Sat 12:30 to 5:00pm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3dx.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	120117  
Old 02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
PaperAirplane
Subscribed...

Prices seem kindof higher than other retailers.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:55 AM
hayesjl77

Thumbs down

i had high hopes for the airfoilz NX Bipe ordered it on aug 30th. No tracking or ship info for 10 days so I called. From the sounds of it they didnt even know I placed the order and after looking it up apologised and said they would send it out soon. I waited anohter 3 or 4 days and did finally receive a box from them but missing 3 servos no ESC no prop and marked back order on my invoice. I waited again 10 more days really wanting one of these planes and called again to find out where the parts for this kit are.

Store support hours are tuesday through friday noon to 6 pm so getting someone on the phone is tough. Finally I sent an email with my order info asking where the parts are when I would get tracking info and why no one felt there should be a customer curtesy to let me know they were not in stock as advertised on the order page and IF I still wanted the order rather than ship me half a kit. I let them know how disappointed I was with the order and the lack of service and only got an email back saying the back ordered pieces are shipped. No concern with the fact I expressed how terrible their support was.

As for the kit itself the foam is thin but is nicely laser cut or CNC cut. The parts for plastic are thin also not very impressed for a 150$ kit foam plane. The instruciton manual is on a regular walmart cdrom. I would be willing to bet this thing is made in someones basement or garage as it just does not have 150$ commercial product feel or look to it. As of today it has been 27 days since I ordered it and it sits in a bag waiting for the rest of the parts.

Old 09-27-2011, 02:53 PM
hayesjl77

I finally did get a responce from 3DX and wanted to share it with all the other potential impatient customers that may ruin their business.

Date: Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 6:11 PM
To: hayesjl77@gmail.com

I believe we did send a email,.Sorry you feel that way, we do the best we can, BUT hey guess American business can't survive with impatient customers. We do have a phone number and a support link, so please try to ruin our business.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Strange... I've never had a problem reaching Paul on the phone.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

I never had any prob's with them,, Their grow'in and did start in a small place and worked hard to get noticed with all the BIG BOY's out there (E-Flite, Great planes, Sig, Etc), like a lot of us who thought "heck,,I could build one better and cheaper" AirFoilz followed though with their Dream and from my fly'in their plane's I must agree they did build a better mousetrap , their innovation of a folded single spar Sim Wing was genius in that it holds it's shape though the riggers of High Alfa & 3/D flight, I've put their EDGE though it's pace's with no warp of flex in high G pull-out's & spin's, Do give them a chance to get over a few grow'in pain's, I for one see a few Airfoilz in my future,,Bubsteve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	148493_1652333021980_1046641667_1758503_3378430_n.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	153337   Click image for larger version

Name:	155980_1652332341963_1046641667_1758502_6525381_n.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	153338   Click image for larger version

Name:	75863_1651610443916_1046641667_1756770_4251201_n.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	153339  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:15 PM
hayesjl77

Im all for the little guy making it but with the attitude and responce ive gotten Im shocked they are still open.

Good product is only as good as the support you provide for it and the feedback and review of your customers. Sending customers an email saying that 27 days with no communication is impatient does not scream we want to make it to me.

I did get my servos and prop in the mail yesterday still no ESC.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

hayes:: try the phone again,, Someday's everyone can get short handed,,ask for Paul,, He'll talk to you and fix you up,,I've lost E-mails in the shuffle sometimes,
I DO feel your frustration and have a feeling this could well be a honest mistake,,I've never heard anyone say they had and attitude there???if someone was Kurt with you Call Paul, He would want to know,,bubsteve
Old 09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
airfoilz

We do get very busy, and I do answer any support issues and we have a system to do that, we don't answer a direct email because of all the spam, the link on the top of the page that says Support will get you in contact with us. We are a small business and Airfoilz keeps me VERY busy, I do all my laser cutting at night (10pm to about 2am). We could always do better on customer service and we are trying to make it better.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
airfoilz

Originally Posted by hayesjl77 View Post
Im all for the little guy making it but with the attitude and responce ive gotten Im shocked they are still open.

Good product is only as good as the support you provide for it and the feedback and review of your customers. Sending customers an email saying that 27 days with no communication is impatient does not scream we want to make it to me.

I did get my servos and prop in the mail yesterday still no ESC.

YES 6 years and going and I still have a problem wit the demand for Airfoilz kits, I have a notice on the top of the main page of the site-

Airfoilz Shipping Notice!
Airfoilz Kits are manufactured in the USA and due to HIGH demand for them, delay's in shipping may occur. Kits are rarely out of stock for more than a week.

Thank you for your patience!

I really have NO idea how you waited 27days? I have a phone and a support system. Motor's were on B/O and that was made clear on your invoice. I'm very sorry that you had to wait, and I have no idea why you did not get a email from, us.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:45 PM
hayesjl77

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
hayes:: try the phone again,, Someday's everyone can get short handed,,ask for Paul,, He'll talk to you and fix you up,,I've lost E-mails in the shuffle sometimes,
I DO feel your frustration and have a feeling this could well be a honest mistake,,I've never heard anyone say they had and attitude there???if someone was Kurt with you Call Paul, He would want to know,,bubsteve

I did thats pauls email to me posted up there telling me it was impatient american customers like me is why his business cant survive.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:58 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

Hayesjl77,

It looks like anger is getting the best of you. I fly at the same club as Paul and although I can't say I know him well, he seems like a fairly decent guy. Take a deep breath, call him up and discuss your issue and I'm sure the two of you will work out a solution together. I also had a minor issue with my kit (a missing part) and it took a single 5 minute phone conversation to solve that problem.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

you have Paul on the line right now,, PM him and set-up a phone conversation,,He will talk to you, I got hold of him online for you today in a few Min's, Your gonna love your Bipe!!!!!!!I saw the vid,, I want one Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I do hope this works out for you here and hope to see some Pix's & Vid's of you fly'in Her!!!bubsteve
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 PM
hayesjl77

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
There you go! Sell the thing to Bubsteve and move on. Thanks for letting us know about this guy.

I didn't read any real anger in your posts.

Oh im not mad I admit frustrated I havent been able to build any fly this yet. I compared this and a PA addiction before finding a video of the AirFoilz and this looked to be more fun and better value. There are several guys at our local flying club that have been asking when I am bringing it to the field as they have been looking at them since I told them about it but have been waiting to see how this one does first.

If anything I hope this gives 3dX incentive to step up the game. You obviously have demand and a tight delivery envelope by limited production your only other life raft at this point until you can meet demand is organization and communication. You cant come in below your products own hype and its always better to under promise and over deliver.

Customer impression sells more than any website or advertising means. Unfortunatly so far the only thing that sticks out in my experience is an email saying that its because of impatient American customers that his business cant survive. When it should be a high quality airplane made not by a mega corp profit monger but an honest guy building these things on his own trying to make a successful product line out of it.

Thanks for the offer Steve but I am still determined to make a positive experience out of this plane even if I have to buy the rest of the parts myself.

P.S. Paul:I still need a speed controller and I think you sent me 1 too many motors Ill have to dig out the box and check. Ill gladly pay for or ship the spare motor back to you for a speed controller instead.

Old 09-28-2011, 01:46 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

hey Hayes,your gonna love the quality of airfoils designs. i flew the profile yak till the # of repairs got the better of it and it pulls awesome 3d stunts ,to bad I'm not a better pilot or it wouldn't have been trashed...lol. if you've experienced moving your own belonging from one place to another,imagine moving a business with orders pending. my guess is your call/email wasn't the only burden for Paul to bear.

i ordered my replacement yak approx 2 weeks ago and it arrive in good condition,packing was alittle strange as the outer brown box was the only box.glad i didn't cut open to quickly....other than that,i need time to throw it together which is very easy and shoot some florescent paint on it.
this is the plane that i fly in parks without worrying and keeps warm in the trunk of the car for flights before work.

hope all turns out well and you see airfoils is a good company. they hadn't sent me an email when shipped so they said my next order will be free shipping. seems to me they do care. Stu
Old 10-17-2011, 03:24 PM
airfoilz

P.S. Paul:I still need a speed controller and I think you sent me 1 too many motors Ill have to dig out the box and check. Ill gladly pay for or ship the spare motor back to you for a speed controller instead.

I emailed you a return label on the 10/1/11 and still have not gotten the extra motor I mistakenly mailed you, I guess stealing justifies my "poor customer service" or did you not get the email? I emailed it again.

Last edited by airfoilz; 10-17-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by airfoilz View Post
I emailed you a return label on the 10/1/11 and still have not gotten the extra motor I mistakenly mailed you, I guess stealing justifies my "poor customer service" or did you not the email? I emailed it again.
Deep breath folks...

Paul, failing to honor an agreement to return something you mistakenly sent is not stealing. Frustrating yes, but he did not steal anything. The mistake as you recognized, was on you part.

If you shipped him a return label, then you have stepped up to the plate considering he stated he would pay return shipping. Any failure to satisfy the customer after that part is not your doing.

Its hard enough to come out of every mistake smelling like a rose. Implying that someone stole from you on a public forum where it is seemingly your fault, could have longer lasting implications.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:26 PM
airfoilz

Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Company that accuses a customer of theft online is sure one to avoid!
Did you READ what I actually posted??? If you get a item that you don't pay for and don't return it that is sealing, whether or not shipping is paid, let me point out that he NEVER called me OR emailed me that I sent him a extra motor...... I only found out reading the post he make...soooooo what does that tell ya? I have a phone number, time that I'm open and a email support ticket system soooo I have more than one way of contacting me which to my knowledge he never did. So how am i wrong ? I did give him and do give him the benefit of a doubt than he did not get the email BUT once again he so far has not made any effort to correct my mistake of sending a extra motor. It's kinda scares me that customers who mistaking get something extra in their order and don't return it don't consider that stealing WOW....
Old 10-17-2011, 04:43 PM
hayesjl77

sorry never received an email with a return label. or a PM on here on a call on the phone number I provided when I ordered. I did call several times in the beginning but with such a rude attitude I quit calling. Your still welcome to have your extra motor back if you send the label to my email address on file hayesjl77@ Gmail. As for the NX bipe it got scrapped there were soo many issues in getting it together Its a pile in the corner. Worst customer service and poor attitude of anyone ive ever had the misfortune of doing business with.

Airfoilz is trash kit and trash company. I tried to give paul a benefit of the doubt but seeing as how hes made no attempt to actually contact me to get his motor back and post on here that I am stealing it proves to me his character.

Paul if you actually want your motor back I suggest you put effort in and actually send me a label.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
rcers
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by airfoilz View Post
Did you READ what I actually posted??? If you get a item that you don't pay for and don't return it that is sealing, whether or not shipping is paid, let me point out that he NEVER called me OR emailed me that I sent him a extra motor...... I only found out reading the post he make...soooooo what does that tell ya? I have a phone number, time that I'm open and a email support ticket system soooo I have more than one way of contacting me which to my knowledge he never did. So how am i wrong ? I did give him and do give him the benefit of a doubt than he did not get the email BUT once again he so far has not made any effort to correct my mistake of sending a extra motor.
You are wrong because you sent the wrong/extra item. The customer is not stealing, period.

I agree ethically they should return that at no cost to themsleves. You did the right think by sending the shipping label.

But you might want to work on tone - I would be really careful talking publicly about your customers. Not going to win you anything.

Mike
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM
hayesjl77

hey paul another favor ill do for you.

http://www.airfoilz.com/forum/showth...3709-Flatfoliz

check your forum maybe you can do better by this customer.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 PM
airfoilz

This is my last post on the subject. Just want to state some facts. Airfoilz have been in business since 2005, I am the manufacturer and seller of them. I have sold 1,000's of kits and still going strong.. and all the kits are designed and manufactured in the USA. Being that I don't have a large staff, at times issues have come up, thankfully very few.

I don't like when people clearly lie or twist the truth, the bipe is one of our hottest planes to date and all are flying and people love tham as well as all of our planes. Some times a person is not really proficient at building and than blame the product. Lucky with so many of our planes flying that can easily be differentiated.

To say that Airfoilz is a "trash company" is very disingenuous, I only recall one phone call, and I have ZERO reason to be rude. We answer every call and we do have a support email ticket system so I have a record of every or any email sent to us.

I have in the past send items to a customer by mistake and 99% than always call me and in most cased mailed back the item on their dime. I'm human and at time very busy with the store, manufacturing and shipping.

The email that was provided was different that the new one just giving here. So it's obvious that my emails were never gotten. So that is understandable however, if I bought something at a store and the person at check out slipped a item accidentally in my bag would I keep it or dive back and return it.... my point is 2 wrongs don't make a right. I did not even know that I sent a extra motor till this thread.

"You are wrong because you sent the wrong/extra item. The customer is not stealing, period."

Keeping the item is stealing not the fact that I made the mistake of sending it and he received it.

I have far to many happy customers and this thread of ranting does ZERO to hurting my business, I have enough keeping up with the demand. We have a new line coming out called Flatfoilz and I'm working on that line, the good news that they are easy for me to produce so have them in stock should not be a problem.

I do apologize for my tone if it came off bad , just don't get a lot of these type of issues and one I do, it's seams Morphy's law wins out.

As for the motor you keep it and a souvenir......I'm getting ready for a long need vacation in Europe..
Old 10-17-2011, 08:08 PM
airfoilz

hey paul another favor ill do for you.

http://www.airfoilz.com/forum/showth...3709-Flatfoliz

check your forum maybe you can do better by this customer.
Thanks for the heads up... they are referring to the new Flatfoilz..... and yes I will take great care of them as we do for all our great customers.