Informal Clubs Club Talk

The Unofficial Central Delaware Parkflyers Association

Old 12-06-2014, 03:41 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Default nevermind...

BeyondBlue. --- Update on the Blade SR.

Had more damage than I thought. Pulled it out of storage and forgot the main gear was wiped out, the original owner left a spare in the gift bag. the pin sheared, that was a PITA to get out but done. Have to order main blades and it is back in action

Last edited by SmoothCruizer; 12-06-2014 at 08:27 PM. Reason: nevermind
Old 12-07-2014, 02:57 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

High winds for Sunday.
Boat action at Silver Lake !! 11 am
Old 12-07-2014, 09:25 AM
beyondthebluerc

Originally Posted by SmoothCruizer View Post
BeyondBlue. --- Update on the Blade SR.

Had more damage than I thought. Pulled it out of storage and forgot the main gear was wiped out, the original owner left a spare in the gift bag. the pin sheared, that was a PITA to get out but done. Have to order main blades and it is back in action
Cool! Sounds like you will have it repaired soon.
I just got my new E-Flite Blade 200QX BL. I got the radio programmed, installed the landing gear and optional 720p HD still and video camera and did my maiden flight. This quad copter is awesome. It is really stable and a lot of fun to fly. I think I am gonna use it to take some aerial video while you guys are flying your models. Should be fun

Here is a picture of it after my maiden flight:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	351.8 KB
ID:	178680  
Old 12-07-2014, 04:23 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by beyondthebluerc View Post
Cool! Sounds like you will have it repaired soon.
I just got my new E-Flite Blade 200QX BL. I got the radio programmed, installed the landing gear and optional 720p HD still and video camera and did my maiden flight. This quad copter is awesome. It is really stable and a lot of fun to fly. I think I am gonna use it to take some aerial video while you guys are flying your models. Should be fun

Here is a picture of it after my maiden flight:
Looks like a great Quad! FUN! I have been flying my 180 CFX.... it has been a great little heli, I have updated the firmware with a spektrum cable and I have the tail really locked in nicely .... I have a youtube video of my 2nd flight, since today maybe have 10 flights now. the cyclic is so crisp and shines,loving her now I am starting to collect backup parts
Old 12-07-2014, 10:30 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

You two are having so much fum with your micros I might have to ditch my 250 and get one myself.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:31 PM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by newjak View Post
You two are having so much fum with your micros I might have to ditch my 250 and get one myself.
Nothing wrong with a 250.... the 180 cfx is having it's quirks too,not long ago it was just announced in Oct and it is Dec, just about everyone on HeliFreak.com has found something wrong with it in their own way.... mine are very minor. the canopy is stubborn putting on with the size of the battery and spare parts prices are a little high. I got carbon fiber blades for 20 bucks, ouch and a Blade fiberglass canopy going on when I am fully comfortable with her...... Other than that, Feels so good with the governor, I like it!!! in my video I flipped it in normal mode, you got skills so it is a breeze to push around. About the size? just keep it in close and it is tame, not twitchy Best part NewJak it has a lot of AFTERMARKET support for mods. I am eyeing those now for the 130x, they are almost giving away with the prices on parts.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:47 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Honestly I haven't given up on my 250 yet. I have changed just about every part on the darn thing. Since the latest round of changes I haven't tried to fly it yet. I had a little difficulty setting it up on the DX9 and I wasn't in the mood to tinker so I put it away and flew the other stuff I had with me that day. AS soon as I finish my boat craze I will get back to the helis. I haven't even flown my 700 at all this year!!
Old 12-08-2014, 01:05 AM
beyondthebluerc

Originally Posted by SmoothCruizer View Post
Looks like a great Quad! FUN! I have been flying my 180 CFX.... it has been a great little heli, I have updated the firmware with a spektrum cable and I have the tail really locked in nicely .... I have a youtube video of my 2nd flight, since today maybe have 10 flights now. the cyclic is so crisp and shines,loving her now I am starting to collect backup parts
Thanks The micros are fun.
Old 12-08-2014, 01:09 AM
beyondthebluerc

Honestly I haven't given up on my 250 yet. I have changed just about every part on the darn thing. Since the latest round of changes I haven't tried to fly it yet. I had a little difficulty setting it up on the DX9 and I wasn't in the mood to tinker so I put it away and flew the other stuff I had with me that day. AS soon as I finish my boat craze I will get back to the helis. I haven't even flown my 700 at all this year!!
Good luck with your 250. I am gonna work on my 130 this winter and get it flying again
Old 12-12-2014, 10:17 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Good luck with your 250. I am gonna work on my 130 this winter and get it flying again
Still working on the 250. In the meantime while I was doing maintenance on my 600 I found a cracked ball link. Good thing I just decided at random to check the heli! Disaster averted!. I also got in another early Christmas present HK Small Bolt
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...at_385mm_.html
Old 12-13-2014, 05:20 AM
NASCARNOAH

Still working on the 250. In the meantime while I was doing maintenance on my 600 I found a cracked ball link. Good thing I just decided at random to check the heli! Disaster averted!. I also got in another early Christmas present HK Small Bolt

Nice. It looks fast.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:41 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Originally Posted by NASCARNOAH View Post
Nice. It looks fast.
Do you have any flying plans this weekend? I have something that you might be interested in.
Old 12-13-2014, 05:30 PM
beyondthebluerc

Cool
Old 12-13-2014, 05:33 PM
beyondthebluerc

Do you have any flying plans this weekend? I have something that you might be interested in.
Maybe on Sunday afternoon
Old 12-13-2014, 11:53 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Maybe on Sunday afternoon

I am trying for late morning. My usual 1030-1100. I have to work in the afternoon. I'm going to pack a car or truck too
Old 12-14-2014, 12:18 AM
SmoothCruizer
-aggressive flyer-

I'm going to pack a car or truck too
How you going to drive 2 vehicles full of hobby stuff ?

Still brisk for me out there, I am still going out Monday for some 180 cfx testing. me and some other pilots were practicing half piro flips on my sim online --- I now have the concept , practicing them before I attempt them with my hard earned toys though. 40 degrees or lower is not fun with my transmitter hands
Old 12-14-2014, 08:00 PM
NASCARNOAH

Sorry for the late reply. No flying this weekend.
Daughter home from college.
Family time. Decorating for Christmas.
Old 12-14-2014, 09:28 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

I ended up staying home. I wanted to get some more rest before going to work.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:57 AM
beyondthebluerc

I ended up staying home. I wanted to get some more rest before going to work.
That's ok. I didn't make it out either. The weather for next weekend is looking ify, but next week might work. On Christmas break
Old 12-15-2014, 05:38 PM
Sahara54
In the Shadows

I'm heading to schutte park now while the winds are calm. Didn't get my new foamy done yet, still waiting for my new SC to come in.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:20 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Originally Posted by Sahara54 View Post
I'm heading to schutte park now while the winds are calm. Didn't get my new foamy done yet, still waiting for my new SC to come in.
How did your flight session go? I didn't post it ,but I went out earlier today and got in a few flights with Smoothcruizer. I actually spent most of the time running my truck because the sky was very grey.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Sahara54
In the Shadows

How did your flight session go? I didn't post it ,but I went out earlier today and got in a few flights with Smoothcruizer. I actually spent most of the time running my truck because the sky was very grey.
Can say everything went good other than I forgot the charge lead for my charger so 4 flights and done. I really need to stock up on some lipos.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:53 PM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Temps in the low 50's for tomorrow. I may try to get some stick time at Schutte. If its too windy I'll probably take the boats out for a spin at Silver Lake
Old 12-17-2014, 03:35 AM
beyondthebluerc

Temps in the low 50's for tomorrow. I may try to get some stick time at Schutte. If its too windy I'll probably take the boats out for a spin at Silver Lake

Take advantage of the nice weather. Wish I could join ya, but I have to work Three more days till Christmas break though Enjoy and good luck with whatever rc endeavor you partake in.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:15 AM
newjak
AMA Park Pilot Partner

Here are a couple of pics of Smoothcruizer's heli in flight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-15 11.52.30.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	518.0 KB
ID:	178844   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-12-15 11.52.36.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	799.4 KB
ID:	178845  

Quick Reply: The Unofficial Central Delaware Parkflyers Association

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12197 seconds with 14 queries