Eagle Tree Systems, LLC discussion Discuss support issues and product questions with Eagle Tree Systems

Discussion Pitot tube design and construction

Old 02-21-2012, 02:07 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default Pitot tube design and construction

I have the Airspeed sensor and really enjoying pushing the envelope to get speeds up ...

2 things .....

a)When transfering tube between models - I noted that the static connector tube was loose. Turned out that the glue used to create the junction and seal the tubes into the main outer tube had failed. In fact the static tube came away with the glue 'blob' still on it.
I reassembled the item and liberally spread epoxy glue around the joint to ensure it would not come free again, making sure that no epoxy got inside to affect air-flow through the tubes.
I suspect that when arrived after postal etc. that joint may not have been airtight. When I buy extra Pitot tubes - I will be adding my own 'blob' of epoxy as security to each.

b) The tube is quite long and straight, making it difficult to disguise. It would be an idea if a version was in a cranked form to mimic an In-Flight refuel probe ? That way it could be mounted on a model and not look so much out of place ...

??