RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Motor power turns on or revs up when signal is lost.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:11 PM
eflyingman

Default Motor power turns on or revs up when signal is lost.

Hi. Of all my receivers, one, upon loss of signal, seems to turn on a stopped motor, or randomly rev up a slowly spinning one. And once signal returns, it doesn't turn the motor back to the setting it was at before, but keeps it at the new setting. You can throttle up, and the motor spins up, but throttling down does not stop the motor. I have to unplug the battery and replug it in to reset.

The receiver is a JR RS6UL, the ESC is a Phoenix 25, and the motor is a Medusa 28-32-2800. If I swap out the receiver for another, the system behaves as expected: Loss of signal = motor shut-off.

As far as I know the JR does not have a failsafe or any lost signal features.

Is this a bad receiver or is there something I am missing?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Lloyd

Default motor revs when signal lost

Always, always unplug the battery from the esc prior to turning off the transmitter. If you don't you will get hurt or hurt someone.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Rodneh

As stated in other posts, any and all receivers can and may react to noise (and there is always electrical noise in all areas, some more than others) and you can not predict what kind of output your receiver will give in the absence of a proper signal unless you have one you can program for a failsafe condition where you have preset the throttle to "OFF" on loss of signal. This is true for just about any type or design of receiver.