Corona Receivers - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Corona Receivers

Old 09-30-2006, 12:21 PM
shane.barton

Default Corona Receivers

I was browsing through some web sites and ran across this from bphobbies.com. It's a 4-channel FM/PPM micro receiver. Actually thay have like 4 or 5 different reveivers ranging from 4 to 8 channel, both single and dual conversion types. THe thing is that theyt all state they are "Full Range" receivers. I was a little bit skeptical about the micro receivers being full range, but you never know. My question is, has anyone had any experience with this brand? If it's a good full range micro receiver I wouldn't mind one bit to drop $25 on one or two or three.

The link: http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=A2907635
Old 10-01-2006, 05:30 AM
Probedude

I bought two of the 4 channel single conversion units- haven't done any range checks on them yet. Build quality is decent, but not top notch. Two others on RCGroups said they're rock solid and have fantastic range.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:12 AM
shane.barton

Thanks for the inputs. I just read somewhere that Corona receivers were also known as VOMPOWERPRO or something like that. I am getting pretty excited about this receiver now. I cannot get over the fact that a micro receiver has full range! I am relatively new to RC Planes (about 6 months now) so micro at full range is a new one for me.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Probedude

Yes, Vampower is relabeling them with his own name. Corona-RC is the actual manufacturer.

That said however, Vampower is having a sale on them. See RCGroups in the 'for sale radio' section.
Old 10-14-2006, 11:49 AM
shane.barton

Default Reveiver question....

Probedude,
Just wondering if you have used your receivers yet? I was doing tests on mine, but it seemed my servos kept locking up, or the receiver would stop working. After about 10 minutes or so, thed thing I think "locked on" to my xmtr. I didn't really have time to do much more testing after that. I just don't want to end up in the drink (either the Indian Ocean or pacific Ocean) when it decides to freeze again.

-Shane
Old 10-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Probedude

Hi Shane,
I replied to your post on RCGroups. If your receiver battery is good (running through a ESC??) and the wiring isn't intermittent, you should not be having those problems. I'd return your receiver for another. Mine doesn't do this, but it does glitch/chatter the servos a lot.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
shane.barton

Default battery through an ESC...

Probe,
No, for my tests I was just connecting my receiver batt strait into channel 4. I was planning on using with an ESC though. Will explain more tomorrow on the other forum.