Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Does Anyone Play Video Games????

Old 12-23-2011, 04:57 AM
Big Johnny
Master Of The Crash

Default Does Anyone Play Video Games????

I have been playing a lot of videogames with my Boys, 13, 10, 8. We play the X-Box and I have found that my eye hand cordnation is improving. I have become addicted to Forza 4 car racing game, Madden Football 12, and the Assassin's Creed games. It's loads of fun when the weather is to icky to fly, and it also gives me time with my boys just having fun. they grow up too fast, it seems like yesterday I was being awakened at all hours of the night, changing their diapers and spending all my money on Formula, that stuff is pricy.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:13 AM
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Hi Johnny
How ya been my friend, Hope things are going very well for you and yours
Thats wonderful, quality time with the family, theres nothing better in my book
I do
Have a lot of systems and their respective games going all the way back to pong, colecovision, intellivision segas nintendos atari and up to present day systems such as playstation 3 and xbox
Also am an avid computer gamer as well
Love all types of gaming sports, action, strategy, fighting ,war,driving first person shooter, etc
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank
Old 12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

I'm thinking of buying a Wii for the family this Christmas (if I can still find them somewhere). My 4-year-old son is already hooked on games on the PC, especially games where he can shoot at zombies.. Not sure it's appropriate for a small kid like that but I guess boys will be boys... (I know I was into war, violence and blood splatter at an early age and I turned out ok. Sort of... )
Old 12-23-2011, 04:53 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

I like the racing games too. Forza 4, when I can get on my oldest sons xbox and Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:59 PM
sparky1963
UK fixed-wing & heli dude

Had some great PC games in the past but with each successive Windows upgrade, another batch of discs were resigned to the 'incompatible' pile.
My force feedback steering wheel is unsupported with Win7, so I quit racing.
Used to love tearing around the tracks in Powerslide, Rollcage, Trackmania, Need for Speed 3, etc.

It seems silly to me now, that in the early days of Wii, the hardware was so hard to obtain. When the crazy rush for consoles/balance boards died down, they were plentiful and hugely discounted.
Of all the expensive games that were available, very few were truly great titles. 'Zelda - Twilight Princess' was the one which always kept me coming back for more.

The best part of Wii though, is the potential for family (or friends) participation.
Online play is ok - but having a bunch of people in the same room, cracked up laughing together at a silly game, is priceless

Nowadays, most of my game time is divided between Phoenix r/c flight sim & Second Life (I build/fly aircraft and manage the SL Red Arrows display team).
Old 12-24-2011, 03:15 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

me.............not even 1 second these days. i used to play pong,missile command,asteroids and such in bars and pinball was my favorite. my sons were a different story,they would play all the time with their friends on line. we started with the rules.

no blood and guts war games,i don't take war to be a game. no armed robbery games"grand theft auto" is permanently banned by us all.

now that they've grown ,the game of choice was world of war craft,many rules were broken due to aliens and creatures doing all the bloody battles...sheeeesh! what really gets me is the complexity of the game today. they barter weapons,sell gold,travel over many different realms and fight together against "the boss" ect..ect...ect.......... now they don't play video as much since college/work/girlfriends are taking up more of their time. they had the top players power level earned over many hours of victory's,they had several characters to use and would bring in the big guns when a girl friend was getting beaten by the enemy foes on lineof lesser strength....lol.

thank goodness!!!!!!!!! they have lives now in the real world...lol...