Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Odd Hobby City things

Old 10-09-2008, 04:20 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Default Odd Hobby City things

Well, I occasionally shop at Hobby city. Not nearly as often as a few of you, but some.

I have decided to make a thread about some funny things with HC.

1. If you leave 3 stars or below as a review, it gets deleted.
2. On the reviews, you can not say "NO" it was not helpful. You can only click on "yes"

There are more, but I will save those for another day.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:27 AM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

d

Last edited by ministeve2003; 03-27-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

You are correct. I had to double click on it and I did not get the little hand that appears when you scroll over yes.

Oh well, I stand corrected.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Their forum has been under some kind of spam attack for over a week now. Someone mentioned it looks like a DOS attack, I'm not sure I know watt that is :o. All I know is they are getting slammed with spam and they lost everything that was posted and all new accounts for the last month.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:07 PM
fr4nk1yn
^_^

That sucks probably a competing business.
DDOS attacks can be traced. I wouldn't want some angry Chinese hackers turning their attention to me. In case that needs explaining, they are the BEST.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Obviously it's a pain in the rear to fix because it just seems to be going from bad to worse.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:07 AM
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

IMHO that's what they deserve for deleting negative reviews.
Now having said that I do need some stuff from them.....
Old 10-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

I've been gett'in alot of E-Mails from them say'in they miss me and I haven't logged on in a while even though I'd been there 3 times a week check'in my order, I go to the forum to check-in with chris an the gang while I'm there, I thought "this is weird" BUMMER! bub, steve
Old 10-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Steve, they are talking about logging into myhobbycity. Their chat forum site. I got the same thing. I was hoping they would send me a coupon code to come back, but never did.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 AM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Steve, they are talking about logging into myhobbycity. Their chat forum site. I got the same thing. I was hoping they would send me a coupon code to come back, but never did.
WetBub::Sound'in like some Phycio Nerd got PO'ed at um, bub steve
Old 02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

I just got my very first order from Hobby City. I've been pretty much anti HC for a long time because I like to keep my money in the states. Well I looked outside the box and ordered 2 zippy lipos (3 cell, 2200 mah, 20C). I ordered it on Wed. and got them on Saturday. 2 days shipping from the USA warehouse located in Michigan.

I notice they have a point system that puts back 1% of your purchase to use in the future. Not a bad idea, escpecially with todays disasterous economic situation.

I applied awhile ago to be a member on their forum, it never got approved....
Old 02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Chunks
Canada Eh!

Would you tell me the stock number or the Lipos?
The Michigan warehouse sounds appealing.
Thanks
Chunks

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
I just got my very first order from Hobby City. I've been pretty much anti HC for a long time because I like to keep my money in the states. Well I looked outside the box and ordered 2 zippy lipos (3 cell, 2200 mah, 20C). I ordered it on Wed. and got them on Saturday. 2 days shipping from the USA warehouse located in Michigan.

I notice they have a point system that puts back 1% of your purchase to use in the future. Not a bad idea, escpecially with todays disasterous economic situation.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

Be careful of the Michigan warehouse... If you compare the price of the same item against the two different warehouses (USA and China), you'll find that the USA prices are much higher.

Even when you factor in the shipping from China, versus the shipping from USA, the USA price is higher.

Also, many of Hobby City's products say they are available at the USA warehouse, but they are not.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:56 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Chunks View Post
Would you tell me the stock number or the Lipos?
The Michigan warehouse sounds appealing.
Thanks
Chunks
Ya, if you got the time to wait for the shipping from China then its cheaper. If you need something in a couple days and dont care about spending a few greens more then the USA warehouse is cool.

here is what I got:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7228
Old 02-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Kornie Bub::: I don't shop there anymore as the DON"T have any idea of how to treat there clients, They got me a few times BAD!!!I would'nt shop there on a bet (witch is about what you do when you order) I shopped there for YEARS an they don't stand behind there stuff at all!!Heads up beat's um on alot of stuff when you add shipp'in, GWS PROPS.com kicks their butt's on planes & props, I've had six week shipp'in (no back-orders) 2 times & month long waits on other times (no back-orders), The guy that owns HC is also a real piece of work also!!bub, steve
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

I was going to get the lipos from Jeff, but there was a $20 difference on each lipo. It would have cost me $40 more. I usually get stuff from Jeff but this seemed logical to try. Shipping from HC was only $4.00

I've only used HC once, so maybe if I use them again I might get burned...who knows?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

I was going to get the lipos from Jeff, but there was a $20 difference on each lipo. It would have cost me $40 more. I usually get stuff from Jeff but this seemed logical to try. Shipping from HC was only $4.00

I've only used HC once, so maybe if I use them again I might get burned...who knows?

Dave::On shipping
They OVER CHARGE!! They got 12-13" props that weigh 90 Grams!!!??!!
I've weighed packages from them that were 1/2 of the weight they state,,
shipp'in is there most profitable commodity I'd guess ( Lord knows they don't spend any on customer sevice!) also they claim the packages are 10$ toys on their customs statement even if it's 100$+, they just done me wrong to much, I to am a miser with my few bucks and they got to costly in the long run, I hope you get good deal's as you a good Bub! steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	petty an red 194.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	94672  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Cdr. Instigator
Pimp My Plane

I've spent over 200 dollars at HC and from the nightmare story I have read here and there and at their forums... It's not good. I'm glad I got all my stuff and it worked too.. When buying from HC it's like playing Russian Roulette.. you never know when your times up !!!

So, since I'm a gambler in that sence... I might just order again from them..

The first order I placed from them about 6 months ago.. I received from China to Houston in less than 3 complete days... kid you not !!! in less than 18 hours it had shipped from their warehouse..

2 Months ago I ordered another this and that.. It took them 1.5 weeks to ship the stuff and it took UPS 2 weeks to deliver to my house.. I figure it would take the West Coast route.. Nope...

It made a 2 day stop in New York...

Russian Roulette, Baby !!!
Old 02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Cdr. Instigator View Post
I've spent over 200 dollars at HC and from the nightmare story I have read here and there and at their forums... It's not good. I'm glad I got all my stuff and it worked too.. When buying from HC it's like playing Russian Roulette.. you never know when your times up !!!

So, since I'm a gambler in that sence... I might just order again from them..

The first order I placed from them about 6 months ago.. I received from China to Houston in less than 3 complete days... kid you not !!! in less than 18 hours it had shipped from their warehouse..

2 Months ago I ordered another this and that.. It took them 1.5 weeks to ship the stuff and it took UPS 2 weeks to deliver to my house.. I figure it would take the West Coast route.. Nope...

It made a 2 day stop in New York...

Russian Roulette, Baby !!!
I used to be a BIG fan of their's,, just got a belly-full of empty promises , I really had some Bad time's when they changed names' 4 times in a year an a half trying to out run there bad rep! bub, steve
Old 02-23-2009, 06:01 PM
aviatordave
Super Contributor

So basically you pay less when you order directly from China, but there is risk involved. I opted to purchase from the USA warehouse whereas it went problem free (this time) and the lipos were a bit more expensive vs getting them from China.

Could we narrow it down to 'ordering directly from China'? Have you guys ordered anything from the USA warehouse?
Old 02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Bub Steve
Super Contributor

So basically you pay less when you order directly from China, but there is risk involved. I opted to purchase from the USA warehouse whereas it went problem free (this time) and the lipos were a bit more expensive vs getting them from China.

Could we narrow it down to 'ordering directly from China'? Have you guys ordered anything from the USA warehouse?

Dave:I'd like to think that thats the case as I miss the good $ but not theHaHaaa!your one of the Best Bub's out there and I wish you the best in your shopp'in with them!! Some like um but they really did me SO WRONG, and promised and promised to do what they said theyed do---8- months and 50 e-mails later they got sick of me and did the thing they said they would , they made me mail the SAME INFO & photos 4 times, they also say "we don't save E-Mails" complants are addressed once and tossed out (not true!)They got um but figure you'll give up after a while,
I never made this public before as I'd hope for change, But they put me though the Ringger!!!!!!!!!bub steve
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

so far i've placed 5 orders no problems leave a reveiw for product they give you a discount code to use 5% off next order make sure you copy and paste it to word or write it down, can't retreive it from them, and always use paypal great insurance that you don't get screwed over.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:09 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

d

Old 02-23-2009, 08:16 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

d

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 PM
max-nix
max-nix

I have placed 38 orders between 26/3/07 & 1/2/09 without a problem. The few warranties I have submitted (3) have been handled very fairly.
I have not ordered from the USA warehouse, perhaps in the future they will stock more items.

I agree, Heads Up RC is an excellent place to shop, with good prices, very cheap, quick shipping and an excellent reputation

Quick Reply: Odd Hobby City things

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14075 seconds with 12 queries