New Product Announcements Vendors post their latest and greatest products here to let the world know about them

Heated radio glove.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:15 AM
lvjet

Default Heated radio glove.

Hi I live in Illinois and its a cold place to fly in the Fall , winter ,and spring. ive seen those radio gloves that are out there. I did'nt see any that were heated . I suppose you could place a heated gel pack in there. Is there a interest out there besides myself to have a glove that would stay 65 to 75 degrees for 2 hrs if left on using a extra battery. ( life , or lipo ) ???
Old 11-06-2011, 04:47 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

hello ivjet,i'v seen those gloves that fit over a radio...for the life of my planes i can't figure out how the trottle doesn't get bumped on or some other tx stick...lol,we get to cold here in nj to hold a tx also. i would love a pair of heated gloves with maybe my thumb part on the glove removeable.i fly thumbs,they can freeze if i can keep the rest of my hands warm.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 AM
Wildflyer
Past President of PSSF

Check HobbyKing.com, They have something that might work.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ap_Ready_.html

Seems to have a lot of space, and you can see into it.
And

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Sounds like the heater runs on 2s or 3s packs.

As for bumping the throttle, one of my friends, simply has a rubber band from a hook to the stick, he flips it off at the flight line.
Or program the trans if possible, to require the mix switch to be turned on before motor will run.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:50 PM
lvjet

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
hello ivjet,i'v seen those gloves that fit over a radio...for the life of my planes i can't figure out how the trottle doesn't get bumped on or some other tx stick...lol,we get to cold here in nj to hold a tx also. i would love a pair of heated gloves with maybe my thumb part on the glove removeable.i fly thumbs,they can freeze if i can keep the rest of my hands warm.
With this glove the radio cannot touch the top of the glove. Some of the other features are led bar indication lights to let you know when the battery is at a safe voltage. Again nice and warm!!
Old 11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
lvjet

Originally Posted by Wildflyer View Post
Check HobbyKing.com, They have something that might work.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ap_Ready_.html

Seems to have a lot of space, and you can see into it.
And

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Sounds like the heater runs on 2s or 3s packs.

As for bumping the throttle, one of my friends, simply has a rubber band from a hook to the stick, he flips it off at the flight line.
Or program the trans if possible, to require the mix switch to be turned on before motor will run.
Man is that cheap ! But, Drawing 5 amps plus, the bateries would be dead after 1 hr with a 4 cell 3000 mah lipo. It would die out even quicker with the 2 to 3 cell packs. Cant beat the price thou.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Monterey10

Red face Widder

Widder electric gloves are quite common in the motorcycle industry. You might have a look at them. The older models had wire heating elements. The newer models have a cloth type heating element and are reported to be longer lasting.

http://www.widder.com/html/Product/LectricG/index.htm
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM
HobbyJumper

Very interesting. I froze my fingers so numb yesterday morning when it came time to land it was dicey, and that was wearing insulated leather gloves. The challenge, I'm finding, is to find gloves thin enough to provide dexterity and feel, but with some warmth to them.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Last year I used these. They are called Glacier Glove. They are great at keeping my hands warm in the winter. They are fleece lined with a neoprene outer skin. The cool thing is the thumb and forefinger can be folded over to expose your fingers.

//www.sierratradingpost.com/glacier-glove-952-full-finger-fishing-gloves-for-men-~p~2093p/?filterString=Glacier-Glove~b~1079%2F&colorFamily=27

They are a little bit pricey but well worth it. IMO
-Andrew
Old 11-06-2011, 07:09 PM
FlyingBrick50
FlyingBrick50

Thumbs up gloves

I have used those surgical gloves they hold your heat and you can still feel the sticks.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:51 AM
HobbyJumper

Why didn't I think of that?

I just checked Mountain Equipment Co-op and they have lots of specialized gloves to choose from.

Originally Posted by weathervane View Post
Last year I used these. They are called Glacier Glove. They are great at keeping my hands warm in the winter. They are fleece lined with a neoprene outer skin. The cool thing is the thumb and forefinger can be folded over to expose your fingers. -Andrew
Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 PM
limacproducts

Default Transmitter Glove: A System That Understands Piloting

The Radio glove system minimizes obstruction to transmitter controls and allows the pilot to have a relaxed handling of the controls.
To have a detailed understanding of the method to use LIMAC glove, please refer to this link : ebay.com/itm/Transmitter-Radio-Glove-NEW-Red-/330660861559?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT