Helicopters- Electric For Sale & WTB Electric powered helis for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

I need your help

Old 07-09-2008, 08:48 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Default I need your help

I know this isn't the right forum, and the mods are free to move it if they want, but I usually do most of my chatting here and I need some exposure on this...

I really hate to do this, but I don't really know what else to do - I am open to suggestions.

My baby has broken his leg (see photo)

It has cleaned out my bank account, and he still needs surgery to fix it. I have no idea how much it costs to fix a dog's broken leg, but it must be done, right away. He is my best friend.

I need to squeeze every last cent out of what I have, so I'm selling some stuff if you want it. I don't know what else to do.

For sale I have a Blade CX2 with all the upgrades, some extra blades, and an extra battery. This is new in the box - the only thing I have done with it is to install the upgrades, and trim it up and dial it in so it is flying perfectly. If you don't know, they don't come like that, and it took some time to get it flying right - so, it has flown for like 10 minutes. I will also throw in an extra battery for it. I was going to give this to one of my kids. I would like $200 for it, and I don't really want to pay for shipping or anything - don't even know how I would ship it.

I also have a well-worn Blade CX2 with all the upgrades - this is about $100 worth of upgrades on it and the other one, but this is the one I actually fly. I really don't want to part with it, but I don't have much choice. On this one I have done some necessary mods to the canopy to increase airflow and cooling, but otherwise it's the same as the other one, except it has about 50 flights on it.

I can also part with my Blade CP Pro for $100, with radio, carbon fiber blades, carbon fiber tail blade, and metal swash upgrades. This one is cheap mainly because it just doesn't fly very well, and you'd be getting the 72MHz radio and all - it flies much better with a DX7, but I need to hang on to that. I actually don't want to sell this - it kinda sucks and honestly, i would feel bad if someone got it and never got it to fly right. But I thought I'd throw it out there - I'm kinda desperate.

I also have a Hitec Laser 4 on channel 18, one Hitec 6-channel full-size RX, and 4x Berg 4L receivers, all on channel 18. These receivers sell for about $40 new, and the radio is in good condition, so looking to get $130 for the whole package.

I don't really want to sell my stuff - but I'm not sure what else to do. This injury has to be paid for, and vets can be surprisingly cruel when you don't have any money. I am normally not broke like this, but my car just went belly-up and I had to get another one, and just earlier today I paid an old bill I really thought I didn't owe - but they were going to sue me and I just can't have that. Frankly I'm a little depressed even admitting this to people. I like to be independent and usually never have any problems like this that I can't handle. I would really like your suggestions on how I can pay for this without selling my stuff (which I don't even know if it is 'logistically possible' to sell it in time).

Here is the price list for the CX2s and the parts I put on them:
(CX2 basic heli - $189.99) http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1250
(Extra battery - $26.99) http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLB0990
(Aluminum Lower Head $17.99) - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1245
(Aluminum Swash - $19.99) - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1245
(Shaft with Aluminum Upper Head - $16.99) - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1240
(Heat Sink - $3.99) - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1208
(Aluminum Main Bearing - $5.99) - http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH1244
(Expert Setup and Trimming) - Priceless

Total - $281.93 - You save $81.93

I have never sold anything like this before, but I'm an honest person and you will get what I said.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hpim0500.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	72012  
Old 07-09-2008, 09:44 AM
baz49exe
Super Contributor

Jasmine, I am so sorry to hear of your present situation. I have one suggestion and it might seem lame but here goes. Have you tried your local branch of the SPCA? From what we see of their work in the documentaries show here they always seem to put the needs of the animal first and foremost. I don't really know the situation in the US but I hope that you might get support in that direction. Hope it works out! Baz

Last edited by baz49exe; 07-10-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:31 AM
rc808

SPCA is a good lead. Check with the local Humane Society also. I was in a similar situation a few years ago and they referred me to a vet that took care of my mauled dog half price and a payment plan. I think someone is available to answer calls 24/7 also. I wish i had the $ to buy your heli.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:35 PM
dizzymarkus

Howdy maam,
Have you tried to set up payments with the vet? How about a local charitable org or salvation army type deal -- Personally if it was me and I see the legs been set -- I would pay them what I had and when I had it hoping I didnt need any other help from that vet :0) It isnt worth it for them to do anything rash as court costs are probabally way higher then the bill --

Good luck and sorry to hear of the problems,
Markus
Old 07-09-2008, 04:48 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Yeah I will have to set up a payment deal or something. The issue for me right now is that when I say they cleaned me out - I really mean it. I live on the edge - had no savings for something like this, and the emergency care place doesn't do payments. When you are in this situation, you just hand over your debit card and don't think much about it.

The bones are not set - only immobilized. He has two clean breaks of the radius and ulna. Still not sure how he did it - I was right there when it happened. I think he tripped over a canvas grocery bag and must have landed with all his weight on it somehow. He's hobbling around a bit today but he's not happy at all. He is usually very spunky and he's healthy and strong - he just over-did it somehow.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:15 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

What kind of money are we talking? If you got a paypal account or something, I think a few of us wattFlyer/Animal lovers could help you out (at least a little bit) with some payments for your past expertise.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Originally Posted by constantCrash View Post
What kind of money are we talking? If you got a paypal account or something, I think a few of us wattFlyer/Animal lovers could help you out (at least a little bit) with some payments for your past expertise.
yes, this is the same thing I was thinkiing... any idea of the total cost?
could you pm your paypal?
SK
Old 07-09-2008, 10:26 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

I have a Paypal account, but I don't really want to put my email address on the site because of spam. I took him in to the hospital today and they are going to fix the leg with some metal plates, and say he should be pretty much back to normal. I am happy about that - but it's gonna cost me. I was able to get credit for this through "CareCredit" with 6 months no interest, but I still do want to sell the radio at the very least. I will PM the Paypal account to those who asked - please allow me to send you something in return... even if it's just a post card, motor or something - if you need something let me know, I might have it around here. My helis are the nicest things I have in the house at the moment - but I do have a nice mountain bike and also a "worked-over" Cessna 210 if anyone wants to make me an offer on that.

Total cost of the surgery will be about $3000 - but he will live and probably be fairly close to normal, so I'm grateful for that.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:34 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

Man you could have had a T-Rex 700!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

Ouch 3G's that beats my friends moms Cat... her cats left hind leg was run over by a car... cost $1400... course thats in a big city where vets are a dime a dozen...

I'll see what I can do....

SK
Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

They need pet health insurance. I'd be glad to pay a $10 a month premium to make sure my cats have major problem coverage.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

ok, I pitched in... Hope everything works out for ya...

Take care...
SK
Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
SkunkyMagoo
Newborn Rotorhead

They need pet health insurance. I'd be glad to pay a $10 a month premium to make sure my cats have major problem coverage.
They do have that.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:37 PM
ministeve2003
Class Clown

http://www.petinsurance.com/index.aspx
Old 07-10-2008, 12:28 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Yes, when I first got him, I had thought of that, but he was so healthy and happy I never expected anything like this. If you look at his videos you can see how spunky he is - I hope he can get back to that. It is amazing how animals are - he wasn't taking this lying down. I had to hold him in the vets office because he wanted to run around on three legs :p

It is almost exactly a year ago that I broke my ankle - and he's on the same drugs I was, and I tell ya, you are feeling no pain on that stuff - but at least I'm smart enough to know I was still injured. I am totally exhausted from this - but I can't sleep until they call me and let me know how it went. I should be able to pick him up tomorrow.

Brand-new Blade CX2 is off the market.

Radio stuff will be for sale regardless of this issue. I have been trying to move it for a while anyway.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Update - my little buddy is out of surgery and they said it all went well. I should be able to pick him up tomorrow. There wasn't any complications or anything and they said he's still knocked out as of about 7:30.

You guys are super awesome! I am so grateful for your kindness - I'm not even sure what to say... you guys are awesome, cool, generous, kind people. Some days, you do not believe such people exist, and all the help and kind words I've gotten has actually improved my outlook on the world. It is nice to know there are still good people in the world!

I was so weirded-out that I decide to go and do something strenuous and fun and try to focus my brain on something else, so I went and made my first attempt at slope gliding, on a lovely mountainside here, and after crashing all over the sticks, I'm all dirty and totally beat - so I should sleep good tonight. I did finally get it flying well, and there is something very serene about a glider whizzing around making that soft sound, and in one of the most beautiful sunsets in a long time. I am feeling a little better
Old 07-10-2008, 05:56 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thats nice to hear that everything went well Jasmine, PM sent to you, Take care, Chellie
Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Fernando L. Benitez

Jasmine.

Im glad to know your dog is doing better Im sure all will go well. Yes there are lot of good heart people in here you are not alone. Right now Im in the same boat like you in debt and may loose the house so right now the only thing I can do to help you is just pray for you. But belive me as soon as I get some extra money I'll send you something to help with the monthly payment.

Fernando
Old 07-10-2008, 05:16 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Prayers are always appreciated and I happen to know, effective as well! I do think that God is caring about all his creatures and have seen amazing things that can't be explained any other way!

Someone asked his name and I realized I never posted it. He has two names - his registered name is "Royal's British Brass o' Ebon-Will" - Ebon-Will is the farm he came from - they are being very helpful as well, and they will be watching him for me when I have to go to Chicago on business next week. Royal something-or-other is his mom and British Brass is his father. I have met both dogs and they are very nice.

I call him Akira - Aki for short. It is a Japanese name meaning "intelligence" - the noun. When I got him I was fairly bored with my life and heavily into Japanese films and trying to learn the language - so I named him after Akira Kurosawa, who is one of my favorite directors. His films are very good if you get a chance - I've seen most of them, but some are impossible to get. I highly recommend seeing "Rashomon" and "Yojimbo" and of course, "The Seven Samurai". These films are poignant even today, really getting at the heart of what people are made of, and they really make you think.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:19 PM
GANJAR

Is any of that stuff still for sale jasmine, I would love to help. I have a few animals of my own and i know the feeling. Thankfully we can afford to keep insurance on them, think like 10-16$ cat/dog or something like that from petsmart. Still had to dish out 100$ though to remove a nail in surgery, but they said it woulda been the same price to remove the whole toe(the one thats up the leg a bit). It's about the same price for a dental cleaning cause they gotta put them under to do it.

Anyhow i would be interested in ur CX or CP if u still have them, maybe even ur cessna, but i gotta see about $$. My job decided to give me a random drug test monday morning after july 4th long weekend. If unless by some miracle, im pretty sure i came up dirty, so i gotta see about the job first : ( --- If stuff blows over, i would liek to get something from u.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Good luck with that... yes, the radio gear, CP Pro and the Parkzone Cessna are still up for grabs. Currently, the Cessna is taken apart though... I was going to print some new decals for it, which I would be happy to do. The decals hold it together, so you know, it kinda needs those.

Sounds like you have other priorities though... and I don't really want to take anything from people who don't have it...
Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Lowpassjr

would you be able to drop off the cp pro in lafyette co?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:37 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by Lowpassjr View Post
would you be able to drop off the cp pro in lafyette co?
Yes actually, I will be going there Sunday night. I'll warn you though... it does not fly very well - never did. But I have a bag-o-parts that goes with it too.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:16 AM
Lowpassjr

how much for the cessna
Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Lowpassjr

what parts come with the heli

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.13365 seconds with 11 queries