Support & Suggestions If you need tech support post your question here or site suggestions too.

ANNOUNCEMENT: New Private Support Forum

Old 08-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

Default ANNOUNCEMENT: New Private Support Forum

We have created a new private support forum to aid in discussion between staff and members who would like issues discussed in confidentiality.

The new forum is labeled Private Support and is located below this forum in Support and Testing.

How it works:

Any member can create a thread in that forum. Only the thread creator and the staff can see, read and interact in that thread. No other member will have privileges to see the information in the posted thread. To anyone other than staff and the poster, the forum will look empty (unless they themselves have posted in that forum.

Reported posts also route to this area and create a ticket. When a member reports Spam or any post in general, the reporting member can go to the Private support forum and see the status of the ticket. The staff assigned to the ticket (usually the forum moderator it was reported in) will post updates and converse with you further until it is concluded. Once the ticket is complete, it will be closed out.

General support questions can still be posted in the general area for all of the public to see if desired.

In our ongoing efforts to create a more fluid interaction between our members and staff, we look forward to working with each of you even closer to make WattFlyer world class.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Default permissions

I was going to try out the new support forums system, but when clicking on the start new thread button, I get a permission error:

SaucerGuy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

Ok.. let me look at it now.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

Try it now.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Default Ok working now

It's working now, obviously since I posted the first one. Feel free to delete these posts so your announcment isn't cluttered up. Thanks Mike.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

This thread is for questions on the new setup as well, so if anyone has any, please feel free to ask away.