New Product Announcements Vendors post their latest and greatest products here to let the world know about them

Miss Hydro 1.5 from GITaHobby

Old 12-28-2006, 06:34 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Question Out of Wack Numbers

Hi Again Jay, I hope I am not taking up all of your time I Know the numbers seemed a little odd to me too, the size of the motor would put it up with a 30 to 40 size glow motor, and the 1000 watts would verify it, but as you said the 28 amps just does not sound right, I know that a lot of sellers, do not know a lot about the products that they sell, I bought a 2410 outrunner on e bay, it was advertised as 2400kv but in reality its only about a 1530 kv at most, it works fine, but the numbers just did not add up, anyway I like the 2409-12 motor alot, the FREE tower pro motor chart I got from you, has been a big help, thank You, I know that the Students at the High School will Love your donation, And dont forget you have to write a ESSAY too Take care, Say hi to pam & Terrence for me, Oh buy the way, How are you mounting the lipos on the new hydros, as per terrence modification, Inquiring minds would like to know:p Nice picture of you and yours on your gallery.
Good Nite, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 12-28-2006 at 06:45 AM. Reason: add info
Old 12-30-2006, 12:04 PM
wannafly

Hi all , merry xmas and happy new year.
Jay , congrats on the new bussiness venture. Good luck.
Chellie , that plane is very nice.
My hat off to both of you supporting the school project.
Brushless motors , ha-ha , it's all gibbirish to me. I work on real cars and can do just about anything that needs doing but this technology is just to new...if the shops don't even know what they are selling.....
A quick question..what about water damage?
If a Bl motor gets wet , what then? wrecked? dry it out & keep going?
I have added a pic as promised a week ago.
I've also cut out 4 kits and I can get the floats for 6USD a set. I've made an EPP batterybox that fits under the deck and moves the battery forward. It looks a little like the "FMS waterflyer" underneath. Sealed to the deck and a hole in the "cabbin" through the deck for battery placement. All sealed and water tight.
I've taken pic's of work in progress but don't know where to put them.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:05 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Talking Hydros

Hi Wannafly, Thats a very nice picture of you and your daughter oops wife got to watch out for me, I have a over abundance of a sence of hummor, and I use it :p Happy Holidays to you and yours, and Happy New Year, on the brushless motor getting wet, just shake it out, blow it out and go again, they are almost indestructable, same with the servos, let them dry out over night, and then try the electronics, sometimes you might get a little water in the servo, and it might affect it, just replace the servo with a new one and go again, there cheap like me
on the pictures, go to advance on the reply to thread, click on manage attachments, click on browse and down load from your computer, Its easy, if i can do it anyone can this tech on brushless was a little confusing to me to at first, but just keep asking questions, you will learn it fast, I did, Thanks for the complement on the Bi Plane, it should be fun, and it was cheap like me here is the link if you ever want to GIT one for yourself, http://nitroplanes.com/ it was like $69.95 US
just click on rc airplanes or brushless airplanes, if you need any help with motors, lipos, Esc, receivers, just ask Jay, myself or anyone here on wattflyers, ask all you want, thats what we are all here for, your success in RC aircraft, Good to hear from again, hope to see your pictures of your work in progress soon, take care and have fun, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 12-30-2006 at 08:07 PM. Reason: add info
Old 12-30-2006, 10:33 PM
wannafly

Hey CHELLIE .
The PIC is 4years old and scanned from a "real" pic. It's a new scanner and I thought I'd try it on a half decent photo. We've had a little "princess" born into our little family since but ,.....it's only me who looks a little older now.L.O.L I will pass on the compliment and I'm sure there will be a reply.
It's 22H32 here and if I don't go upstairs now .... ; ......well I might as well sleep down here. (baby sleep=private time )
....... tomorrow......more...... with pics I hope!
Old 12-31-2006, 06:53 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Hi Yall...(%

How's it goin'?! I had a great day today! Every day is great right now!!!

Thanks Chellie for answering Wannafly's ??? Yep, brushles motors are impervious to water! I have one from my original old Miss Hydroplane that has a ton of water mineral deposites on the stattor coils and it works just fine still!

Congrats on the little princess WannaFly!!!! Nice Pic!

Thanks, on the compliment for our donations to Laffiette High Schools' after school RC Flying Club!!!!!!

I have some Pics myself to share with everyone! These are Pics of my little 350sq ft store, my "Little" "assembly line" I have going for the Miss Hydro 1.5, my new Motor Saver motor mount and a Pic of a Lipo Battery I have opened and spread out for everyone to see that has ever wanted to see what a Lipo looks like inside. It is very cool!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300402-resized-1150.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	152.7 KB
ID:	21034   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300405-resized-1150.JPG
Views:	224
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	21035   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300396-resized-1150.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	21036   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300400-resized-1150.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	21037   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300393.JPG
Views:	213
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	21038  

Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300408-resized-1150.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	21039   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300409-resized-1150.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	21040   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300372.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	432.9 KB
ID:	21041   Click image for larger version

Name:	S5300373.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	21042  
Old 12-31-2006, 08:22 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Thumbs up Nice Hobby Shop

Hi Jay and all the crew at GITech Nice looking hobby shop, looks like your taking off in leaps and bounds, Good for you, Thats watt I like to hear, how did you GIT that lipo open with out it being exposed to air and burning up, mmmm must have soaked it in salt water first

Hi Wannafly, Congradulations on the little Princes Hope all of your problems will be little ones

Keep up the good work Jay, I looks like you are doing very well, but, make time to GIT out and Play, Take care, Chellie
Old 12-31-2006, 07:58 PM
wannafly

Hi all
OK good to know about the Bl motors , thanx.
Nice shop Jay (hope you don't mind me calling you that??)
It looks very good , now to the bigger space and greater success.
CHELLIE , my wife said you where sweet before ...now.... ..."thank you." ...and..."she can't even see that teenyweeny pic. anyway!"

Well here's my work in progress.

Name:	SP_A0755.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	21065   Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_A0756.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	21066   Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_A0758.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	21067   Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_A0765.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	21068   Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_A0766.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	21069  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SP_A0768.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	21070  
Old 12-31-2006, 08:01 PM
wannafly

The "Batt. box" is currently a foam mock up , I messed up the peice of EPP I had. I've increased the deck size by 1cm all round except the back and I've moved the motor back aswell.
The battery can move more than that , it was the first "attempt".

Name:	SP_A0760.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	21073  
Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Its looking good Wannafly you should have it done soon, set the throw on the control surfaces way down, 3/8 of a inch or about 9mm, max to start with, CG at carbon rod or a little infront of, bring it up slow, and GIT it up high, land fast, as they sink fast, thats about all there is to it HAPPY NEW YEAR, Chellie

Last edited by CHELLIE; 01-01-2007 at 06:57 AM. Reason: add info
Old 01-03-2007, 07:44 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Jay @ GITech have you tried Sumo Glue its new, suppose to be stronger than gorilla Glue, dries 3 times faster and foams up less, it dries white insted of the tan color that gorilla glue does, I understand that it can be purchased at LOWES Hardware, maybe it will GIT production up too http://www.sumoglue.com/home.asp
I am going to give it a try, who knows I might like it
Take Care & have fun, Chellie

ps could you give a little support on this page, for the High School RC Club, and let them know what you are doing for them, Thank you, Chellie
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...d=1#post132148

Last edited by CHELLIE; 01-03-2007 at 08:29 AM. Reason: add info
Old 01-03-2007, 03:26 PM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Jay @ GITech have you tried Sumo Glue its new, suppose to be stronger than gorilla Glue, dries 3 times faster and foams up less, it dries white insted of the tan color that gorilla glue does, I understand that it can be purchased at LOWES Hardware, maybe it will GIT production up too http://www.sumoglue.com/home.asp
I am going to give it a try, who knows I might like it
Take Care & have fun, Chellie

ps could you give a little support on this page, for the High School RC Club, and let them know what you are doing for them, Thank you, Chellie
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...d=1#post132148
Thank you Chellie!!!!!!! What you do for me is sooooo helpful!!!

Sumo glue looks awsome!!!!

And I will surely start contributing to the HS RC Club thread!

I have to open my store now. GIT out and fly everyone!!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Its looking good Wannafly you should have it done soon, set the throw on the control surfaces way down, 3/8 of a inch or about 9mm, max to start with, CG at carbon rod or a little infront of, bring it up slow, and GIT it up high, land fast, as they sink fast, thats about all there is to it HAPPY NEW YEAR, Chellie
Hi wannafly, I do not have a lot of time to type but I wanted to ask if you were aware that EPP is pourus?(spelling) It will absorb water. Test it and let me know if you find this to be true.

TTYL
Jay
Old 01-05-2007, 01:10 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Jay, Hi Wannafly check out this thread, i think you will get a good laugh from it, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...d=1#post132928

Last edited by CHELLIE; 01-05-2007 at 01:10 AM. Reason: add link :)
Old 01-05-2007, 10:12 AM
wannafly

Hi Chellie , Jay
Sorry about your aunt CHELLIE , good people go to a good place though hey!
Jay , yes EPP is pourus but you can cover it with "OROCOVERLITE".
A bit of 3M or BISON glue spray , allow to dry . then iron on film.
I got fed up waiting for my EPP so I've made a "batt. box out of polyst.
I've covered it in the the orocover. It's the first time I've ever done anything like it so it's not hell of a neat ,but , it will do seeing as I'll probably break it anyway. ...
I think it's time I start a thread of my own and then I'll post my pic's there.
in FOAMIES I suppose.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 PM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wannafly View Post
Hi Chellie , Jay
Sorry about your aunt CHELLIE , good people go to a good place though hey!
Jay , yes EPP is pourus but you can cover it with "OROCOVERLITE".
A bit of 3M or BISON glue spray , allow to dry . then iron on film.
I got fed up waiting for my EPP so I've made a "batt. box out of polyst.
I've covered it in the the orocover. It's the first time I've ever done anything like it so it's not hell of a neat ,but , it will do seeing as I'll probably break it anyway. ...
I think it's time I start a thread of my own and then I'll post my pic's there.
in FOAMIES I suppose.
Hi guys,

Oh, I did not know about your Aunt Chellie, I hope she's gone to a better place too. Wannafly's right, Good people go to good places!!! My simpathies!

That sounds good about covering the foam Wannafly! It should last for a little while, at least long enough for you to try it out. I supose it would be good to start your own thread for your "RCV" hydro mods. See if you can GIT more advice/input from others. You can post your new thread link here if you wish as well. Would you mind mentioning this thread somewhere in your new one? Let people know were you got started, you know?

Hey, don't forget about us. You are one cool person and I'd be sad if we lost you... Thank you for all your input so far and I am glad I was able to help you when I could.

Your friend in RC,
Jay
GITaHobby.com
Old 01-05-2007, 12:23 PM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Hi Jay, Hi Wannafly check out this thread, i think you will get a good laugh from it, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...d=1#post132928
Cool, and funny. I will post there latter.

How are you? Sorry to hear about your aunt. If she was anything like you she is...having fun right now...chillin with God in Heaven.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:20 PM
LeeHamer

Hi guys! i have been reading around on this forum a lot, as i got myself one of those RCV hydrofoam things. All i can say is dam its sooo hard to fly! it is now sat on top of my cupboard in bits It was awfull to control!

Well i like the look of the miss hydroplane 1.5 so i am going to buy the kit and transplant the electronics over. Any ideas if this would work?

Well i have fouund GITech to be helpfull and offered me a good price for the kit and shipping over to the UK!! hurry payday i cant wait to order one!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:55 PM
dishjuarez

Hi

A servo was splashed and already it does not serve, since I can obtain it?

Regards
Old 01-05-2007, 08:01 PM
dishjuarez

Originally Posted by GITech001 View Post
Hi Yall...(%

How's it goin'?! I had a great day today! Every day is great right now!!!

Thanks Chellie for answering Wannafly's ??? Yep, brushles motors are impervious to water! I have one from my original old Miss Hydroplane that has a ton of water mineral deposites on the stattor coils and it works just fine still!

Congrats on the little princess WannaFly!!!! Nice Pic!

Thanks, on the compliment for our donations to Laffiette High Schools' after school RC Flying Club!!!!!!

I have some Pics myself to share with everyone! These are Pics of my little 350sq ft store, my "Little" "assembly line" I have going for the Miss Hydro 1.5, my new Motor Saver motor mount and a Pic of a Lipo Battery I have opened and spread out for everyone to see that has ever wanted to see what a Lipo looks like inside. It is very cool!!!!!!!!
Nice photos, when you are going to open one in El Paso Texas?
Old 01-05-2007, 08:47 PM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Smile Hydro

Originally Posted by LeeHamer View Post
Hi guys! i have been reading around on this forum a lot, as i got myself one of those RCV hydrofoam things. All i can say is dam its sooo hard to fly! it is now sat on top of my cupboard in bits It was awfull to control!

Well i like the look of the miss hydroplane 1.5 so i am going to buy the kit and transplant the electronics over. Any ideas if this would work?

Well i have fouund GITech to be helpfull and offered me a good price for the kit and shipping over to the UK!! hurry payday i cant wait to order one!

Hi LeeHamer I belive that most if not all of your electronics will transfer over to the Miss Hydro 1.5
You might be able to get your RCV to fly a little better, by moving the CG forward to the carbon fiber brace at the front of the hydro, reduce your control throws to about 9mm up 9mm down as not to over control, the CG is very important, you can move your battery up or add weight to the top front of your floats, after i moved my CG up on my Miss HYdro, and reduced the control throws, it tamed the hydro very nice, and I was able to control it very well, Take Care & Have fun, Chellie
Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM
LeeHamer

Smile

Hi LeeHamer I belive that most if not all of your electronics will transfer over to the Miss Hydro 1.5
You might be able to get your RCV to fly a little better, by moving the CG forward to the carbon fiber brace at the front of the hydro, reduce your control throws to about 9mm up 9mm down as not to over control, the CG is very important, you can move your battery up or add weight to the top front of your floats, after i moved my CG up on my Miss HYdro, and reduced the control throws, it tamed the hydro very nice, and I was able to control it very well, Take Care & Have fun, Chellie
Cheers CHELLIE,

I will have to give that a try when i re build my hydroboat then! Hopefully it tames the beast as it is great fun till it all goes wrong.

Thanks again,

Lee
Old 01-08-2007, 04:40 PM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Hi everyone! Just saying hi

Follow Chillie's advice and you should have a little luck with the
"RCV" hydro.

Got to GIT to work!!!

TTYL
Jay
Old 01-09-2007, 05:32 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Originally Posted by dishjuarez View Post

Nice photos, when you are going to open one in El Paso Texas?
Thank you! Maybe someday when GITaHobby is national!!! LOL. One can only hope!

Your Servo should work again if you let it dry out. Once it does completely, try water proofing it with some silicone around the seams and around the part that the control horn fits onto.

This usually worked for me! Some servos are never effected and some seam to hate water. Just the luck of the draw! (=

Let me know how it goes!
Old 01-09-2007, 05:41 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Thanks Chellie for picking this one up for me, and thanks for the order of the GIT Lite Pro battery! My fiance Pam shipped it today!

Oh, Pam and Terrance say hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!

I would just like to add a note here that the "RCV" hydro in reference here is not the Miss Hydro 1.5! People are asking how they can make their terrible "RCV" hydro like the Miss Hydro 1.5. You know...how they can make it actually fly!

TTYL everyone,
Jay
GITaHobby.com

Last edited by GITech001; 01-09-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:02 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Wink Hydros

Hi Jay, HI Pam, Hi Terrence , I know that you are all working hard in GITing your new store ready & filling orders, but dont work to hard Great lipo is on the way I am putting together a F4U corsair right now, its almost done, I bought it before the Bi Plane so I should GIT it together first
Take Care & have fun, Chellie.

Quick Reply: Miss Hydro 1.5 from GITaHobby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14173 seconds with 27 queries