New Product Announcements Vendors post their latest and greatest products here to let the world know about them

Miss Hydro 1.5 from GITaHobby

Old 12-11-2006, 06:14 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Default Miss Hydro 1.5 from GITaHobby

This is a place for people to come to talk about the Miss Hydro 1.5. A place were my customers can come to share their experiences and tips with each other and with other RC'ers here on WattFlyer.com.

A little about me to kick it off

Nice to meet you. I would like to introduce myself.

My name is Jason. I make the Miss Hydro 1.5. I love RC and how technology is advancing electrics so far, so fast. I like to build from scratch, from kits and enjoy finding the newest stuff to get involved in.

I spend 18 solid hours a day on average answering emails for customers, running my new retail store GITaHobby, building my site, building Miss Hydro 1.5's, QC’ing, and preparing orders. I really care about my work and consider each one a work of art.

My goal is to fill the need for personal attention to new RC'ers, as well as have a broad range of products for the experienced RC’er all at the lowest prices. I enjoy sharing my knowledge to help others.

Something funny: I had two people from china tell me I should get some sleep as I instant massaged with them through TWO of their entire work days and did not move form my PC while they went home, went out to dinner and went to sleep! LOL I got 2 hours of sleep between those two days.

Please feel free to ask me anything, check out my other vids on YouTube and look over my site http://GITaHobby.com. I encourage comments and suggestions and value everyone’s opinions. Take care and I hope to chat with you soon!

P.S. Here are some of the specifics of the New Miss Hydro 1.5!

Last edited by GITech001; 12-12-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:17 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Default What makes the new GIT Miss Hydro 1.5 the best in the world:

I personally QC each charger, battery, ESC, motor, transmitter, receiver and servos. Every one comes with exclusive GITech extras pre-installed including:

- Fully assembled RTF.(Truly for the first time ever! Read on...)
- Fully Waterproofed ESC and Receiver!
- High Current Deans T-Plugs installed on the ESC, Li-po battery and Charger!
- Thick 1" Heat Shrink Motor Mount Reinforcement pre-installed!
- The three ESC-to-Motor wires w/plugs are removed and Motor leads soldered Directly to the ESC to reduce weight and move the COG forward.
- NEW Version ESC Fully Waterproofed by me with double the BEC current and a larger finned Aluminum heat sink than before!
- 5 custom cut pieces of .064 Lexon for Skid Plates and a Rudder extention that acts like a wheel to aid in turning.
- 30+ Pieces of high quality Clear Plastic tape and 6 pieces of high strength clear packing tape pre-installed in the most important locations to make the New GIT Miss Hydro 1.5 much stronger!
- Receiver Antenna re-routed and mounted up and around the tail!
- 2500+ word Owners Care and Modification Manual written by me.
- Free FMS Flight Simulator with 50+ aircraft and TWO Hydrofoam models!
- Brand NEW "GIT Exclusive" Version 2408-21 Brushless Motor with built in Prop-Saver that works with the replacement motor shafts for sale here on GITech.biz!. Nice!
- 2 free GWS 7x6 Props (what I recommend).
- 8 AA batteries for the transmitter included!
- GIT Lite Pro 11.1v 1500mah 3S1P 10C/15C 102 gram Li-po battery with Deans Plug.
- New version Lipo Wall Charger with Deans Plug!
- High quality 72mhz 4ch 3D Transmitter with selectable Dual-rate and Aileron-to-rudder mixing!
- Your choice of 4 channels so up to 4 Miss Hydro 1.5's can be flown at the same time!
- True micro 6ch Receiver fully waterproofed by me!
- 8 gram Micro servos that are faster than any other production Hydros I have tested.
- ALL True Carbon Fiber control linkages and structural support including the motor mount pole.
- True Laser cut Depron foam construction for the deckplate and tail.
- <13oz total AUW (All-Up-Weight)
- Stronger EPE foam sponsons and fuselage than any other Flying Hydro.
- Full parts and mod support via GITaHobby.com, email and our new Forum coming soon!
- WOW right?!

Trust me I've crashed them all. Don't take my word for it. Seeing is believing. Enjoy! See her in action in our home made video's:
Video 1 - Our first video!
Video 2 - Trickin' in 25-30mph WIND!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:20 AM
wannafly

I like your attitude and style. I wish you tons of success.
I have the china rip off.
The one with the "RCV" stickers as used as comparison in your "mod. thread" on your site.Unfortunately I bought on impulse and although the weather hasn't aloud me a chance out , I already wish I had bought yours. ( I was pointed to your site by CHELLIE)
The kit you sell.....is it the "1.5"? (Not the "RTF" the ±30buck one)

When wanting to talk to talk about getting my current one going would you prefer I not do that in this thread???
Old 12-11-2006, 03:28 PM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Originally Posted by wannafly View Post
I like your attitude and style. I wish you tons of success.
I have the china rip off.
The one with the "RCV" stickers as used as comparison in your "mod. thread" on your site.Unfortunately I bought on impulse and although the weather hasn't aloud me a chance out , I already wish I had bought yours. ( I was pointed to your site by CHELLIE)
The kit you sell.....is it the "1.5"? (Not the "RTF" the 30buck one)

When wanting to talk to talk about getting my current one going would you prefer I not do that in this thread???

Hi, thank you! CHELLIE is very nice and very knowledgeable.

I personally make, named and now sell the Miss Hydro 1.5. I did all the product research and parts sourcing to bring her together to be the best RTF production model in the world. Which it turns out is what I expected from my FIRST purchase of a flying hydro. So I saw a need and I thought - I am going to take a few months to learn all I can about all the dynamics of the concept. The result is the Miss Hydro 1.5

I would like to take the time to clarify and introduce my company name as I use its variations all the time for different applications:
Long form - Genuine Innovation Technologies
Acronyms - GIT or GITech
Site name - GITaHobby.com
Store name - GIT a Hobby

Sure, you can talk about all flying hydros here. I will help anyone with any hydro they may have. Just be sure to always be clear in each post which one you are referring to.

I bought an "RCV" and 3 others from ebay at first plus the SL as well in my search for the best flying hydro base to start from.

Nice to meet you!
Jay
Old 12-11-2006, 05:51 PM
wannafly

With a couple of mod's I'd like to learn with this "RCV" model and then I will certainly be buying your kit version (thanx to chellie for talking you into selling it).
CG....I was alarmed to read that the CG is INFRONT of the front support.
Mine is quite alot back from there. should I correct this before trying to fly it ? Consider your advice "pre-sales talk" L.O.L
Old 12-12-2006, 06:53 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

With a couple of mod's I'd like to learn with this "RCV" model and then I will certainly be buying your kit version (thanx to chellie for talking you into selling it).
CG....I was alarmed to read that the CG is INFRONT of the front support.
Mine is quite alot back from there. should I correct this before trying to fly it ? Consider your advice "pre-sales talk" L.O.L
Yep, move your CG. Have you heard of pourposing? (can somone help me with that spelling?) It is an effect of the COG being too far back and nothing flies good under this condition. Especially a flying hydro as it only has one "wing" that has to do it all.

My CG is still a little back from the CF Tube support as well. About 1/4 inch. i am working on how to move the CG up even more organically by changing the design even more. In fact I have figgured it out and all new orders will have this new design (only one left of current stock that has not been sold and will GIT the new design until I replenish my stock). I am placing a new order of parts to fill my stock and integrate the new design. These ones will be ready in a week or two.

I would start out with your "RCV" by repacing the metal control links with Carbon Fiber rods. Then work on moving the motor out toward the front as far as posible. You will likely need to GIT/make a new mount pole for your motor to GIT it out that far. You could use my motor mount and a custom cut 8mm CF tube to do this. If this doesn't move the COG enough then relocate the battery further toward the front. You could try to invent a way to mount the battery under the tip of the nose like in my mod pics for my/the old Miss Hydroplane in my image gallery on my site. You know what?! She is still in one piece and flies like a charm after 5-6 months!!!

Tape is your friend. Try to stay away from glue as it fixes a break but adds weight with no additional strength. TTYL Jay

Last edited by GITech001; 12-12-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:19 PM
wannafly

I will start on the CG first. (that "RCV" of yours has more carbon than an F1 car l.o.l.) I have heard conflicting reports regarding motor placement. Some say it should be as close to the CG as you can get it...something about improved handling? Don't ask me I wouldn't have a clue.
I might try making a small tray under the "fuse./nose" so that the batt. lies half under and half above board and also forward to find CG.
Something I omitted to mention is that I live in the Netherlands. That's probably just as well or I'd have toooooo many toy's and probably loose my wife in the process.
Buy the way , anyone have FMS and the hydroflyer??
I'm using an analog controller configured like a 4channel.
I find the hydro REAL easy to fly. loops, rolls,hover....I don't know if there is anymore for me to learn on the sim.
I've practised with 4m/s wind with 6m/s gusts and I can keep it alive and kind of land (until a gust......).
My question is....is it even CLOSE to the real thing???
Cause then I'm excited for the wind to stop blowing.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:50 PM
wannafly

porpoiseing I believe.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:09 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Talking Hydrofoams

Hi Wanafly, I just wanted to say, you can loose everything else, but DONT LOOSE THE TOYS Just kidding, good luck to you on getting your hydro setup so it will flys great, Chellie
Old 12-13-2006, 05:23 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Wanafly, I just wanted to say, you can loose everything else, but DONT LOOSE THE TOYS Just kidding, good luck to you on getting your hydro setup so it will flys great, Chellie
Hi Chellie! how are you? Your order will ship tomorrow with some extras to build your self my new shock absorbing motor mount! I will take and post a pic tomorrow-Hopefully.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:51 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

I will start on the CG first. (that "RCV" of yours has more carbon than an F1 car l.o.l.) I have heard conflicting reports regarding motor placement. Some say it should be as close to the CG as you can get it...something about improved handling? Don't ask me I wouldn't have a clue.
I might try making a small tray under the "fuse./nose" so that the batt. lies half under and half above board and also forward to find CG.
Something I omitted to mention is that I live in the Netherlands. That's probably just as well or I'd have toooooo many toy's and probably loose my wife in the process.
Buy the way , anyone have FMS and the hydroflyer??
I'm using an analog controller configured like a 4channel.
I find the hydro REAL easy to fly. loops, rolls,hover....I don't know if there is anymore for me to learn on the sim.
I've practised with 4m/s wind with 6m/s gusts and I can keep it alive and kind of land (until a gust......).
My question is....is it even CLOSE to the real thing???
Cause then I'm excited for the wind to stop blowing.
Hi wannafly! I know. soooo much CF rienforcement on my "RCV". It still broke every time I crashed it. Which was every time I flew it. LOL. I think the Depron used on the "RCV" was very brittle/thin skinned.

Sounds good for moving the batt and COG. Are you going to raplace the metal control links on the "RCV" with 1.5mm CF rod. (I have 100 meters of 1.5mm CF rod on order!) You would save the weight of 5 pieces of metal in the tail! Also, you could remove the 4 long metal screws that hold the control horns to the Depron for the connection between the upper and lower elevons. Then just glue those control horns in place. Also you could considder replacing them with the Micro Pin type I have on my site. They are virtually weightless.

I have FMS. It is what I include with my Miss Hydro 1.5. That is alot of wind in FMS!!! I think the WaterFlyer beta 7 .zip is more like real life. The WaterFlyer alpha 8 .zip flies like it is on rails and is not really realistic. (click on them to download and save and unzip it to your "Models" folder in you "FMS" file folder.) Hey, try the AlleyCat alpha 8 .zip. Fun for going very fast!

For those of you who would like to try it before you GIT it - Here is FMS for your downloading pleasure: FMS 2.0 a8.5

woah, that's big!!! LOL

Last edited by GITech001; 12-13-2006 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:13 AM
wannafly

Yes , I agree about the diff. models.
I'm using waterflyer7. Infact I have been sifting through ALL the planes to find the VERY HARDEST to fly in preperation for the real thing.
Yeah that's serious wind l.o.l , it seems to gain a life of it's own and God has a buddy box and is having a good laugh. l.o.l.
P.S. On the "FMS site they recommend the version before/prior to the XP version....BUT ..only the latest version has the adjustable wind and gusts for realizm.
Hey chellie , you're "spot on"!
The toy's are cheaper than the wife and one can play with them WHENEVER you WANT without them getting headaches.L.O.L.
Thanx for the support guy's.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:11 PM
dishjuarez

I have just bought the miss hydro but it is the old version, I must cancel this order(request) to buy this one?

Which is the difference between both versions?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Wink Hydrofoams

Hi Dishjuares, E Mail Gitech directly http://GITaHobby.com and he can answer your questions right away for you, Take care, Chellie
Old 12-15-2006, 10:05 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Smile Hydrofoams

Hi Wannafly, I was having Fun with my HydroFoam at the Rose Bowl Wensday, doing touch & goes, flying it around, buzzing it around on the ground, Then I got it a little to far away from me, it was hard to see, they are small, and i was going to fly it back to myself, lost orentation and crashed taking it off, broke another prop, darn my last one well I ordered some more props from GITech, and learned a valuable lession, dont fly to far away from yourself, these things are small and hard to see the farther they are away from you, after you learn to fly these hydros,
you might want to upgrade to the 1.5 hydro that GITech has, since you already have the electronics, the kit is only $35.00 US and the 2409-12 High Performance motor is only $14.99 US, last time i checked, this motor and a 7x6 prop has a pitch speed of 67 MPH, my hydro does about 60 MPH + or - , I cant fly it at full throttle, it to fast for me yet, and it will go vertical, I have a new 1.5 hydro kit that I just ordered from GITech with some more props my old hydro is ready for retirement, It served me well, it taught me how to fly hydros , my next one will have a lot of yellow and red color on it so I can see it better, take care, and Have Fun, Chellie
Old 12-15-2006, 06:14 PM
wannafly

Good day gents , Hi CHELLIE , I'm really jealous . Hell , I'll be glad to get it to fly that far l.o.l.! Now you have an excuse to start on the new one.
The wind has been blowing at 20-30mph for the last 3weeks here in holland so I haven't even dared try it. I have stood at the window a hundred times and told the weather what I think of it....!
Do all flyers/pilots do that? I bet.
Yes , color , I have also been thinking about making the top and bottom 2 distinctly diff. colors so you know which way it's rolling or pitching at distance........aaaaaaaah , darn , all I do is talk about it...common man , may the weather gods be with me for just ONE DAY! l.o.l. today might have been OK but...I WASN'T FREEEEE!!!!!
The "1.5" is definately the best looking hydro by far .I'm very keen to get one NOW but I have to at¨least reck this one a couple of times otherwise I might aswell order 2 , no... 3. l.o.l.
Anyone have any thoughts on the floats?
Are the depron better than polys. ones?
The poly have a definate weak point in the curve....easy to repair though.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 PM
wannafly

P.S Talking of small.
I found a video on the net somwhere (I so wish I knew where) of a hydro in Check. or poland or....
It was HUGE. The guy holding it with it's tail on the ground had the tip of the floats at his CHEST.
I'd say it was roughly 1.5meters long.
And it flew like a charm.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:12 PM
dishjuarez

Already I cancelled the order(request) of the miss hangar, now I did the order(request) for paypal of the version 1.5 from yesterday but I have been checking and still this one in I try the order
Old 12-16-2006, 04:07 AM
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

Hi Wannafly All you have to do, is move here to Sunny So Calif USA, if you dont mind the Big EARTHQUAKES we get here from time to time, Rock n Roll, you will be set Take Care, and have Fun, Chellie
Old 12-16-2006, 04:58 AM
dishjuarez

Hello GITech whatsup with my order GITech Order #: 100030?

Because paypal acepted the transfer
Old 12-16-2006, 07:14 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

Exclamation

Hi everyone!

WOW!!! Interest is growing! This is great! I had 26 emails to answer tonight! I just got my phone at the store today and will have dial up for now that I will install tomorow! Up till now I have been transporting my PC to and from work and doing my internet work when I GIT home at 11:00 or later and doing 13+ hours a day at my store plus a 30 min drive each way! For the first time I did not transport my PC home last night as I had my fience open the store this morning so I could do some much needed running around. It is very rapidly becoming time to hire empoyees!!! LOL! (%

Here is my update I just posted to my home page at GITaHobby.com :

(12/15/06) Woah! 7 orders were placed today and yesterday. The one left in stock sold at my store today, so the 6 orders that were placed online yesterday and today will be the first 6 in the shipment of parts for 10 that is on it's way! Wow! Cool, if you Order yours soon to get one of the 4 left coming in the next shipment of supplies I will have the funds to place another order sooner. Each one is built to order so please allow 2-4 additional days after I receive the parts to build and ship based on current volume. I just got my phone line today and will GIT internet access at my store tomorrow so I will be able to update my site immedeatly from now on! Thank you everyone and I appoligize for any inconvenience! Email or call if you have any questions!

I am adding my store phone # to my site now in the Contact Us link.

Thanks again everyone!
Old 12-16-2006, 07:58 AM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

I am going to bed now but check this out! I have to GIT up early to setup for a day of fun for kids at a "brunch with santa" tomorrow were over 80 kids will eat a meal with santa right outside my store in the biggest open floor space in the mall. I am setting up a race track for cars, a battle tank area, and a small pool for little boats out in the mall area next to santa to be a part of the event! It is an event that parents had to buy tickest for their kids to attend. The mall invited me to participate! Very cool! I can't wait!

Good night,
Jay
Old 12-16-2006, 01:20 PM
wannafly

I found the big hydro
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88&q=hydrofoam
Old 12-16-2006, 02:27 PM
GITech001
G.I.T. it...got it GOOD!

I just saw it! It's a monster! Very cool! and very big! Good job for those guys. Time for "Brunch with Santa"! Wish me luck! I'll see you guys later. GIT out'n fly! It's a saterday!
Old 12-16-2006, 04:44 PM
dishjuarez

"Thank you! You are in the first set of orders to go out when I GIT my next shipment of supplies that is on it's way. I expect it to be here in 2 weeks tops! Sorry for any inconvevience this may cause. I am working a solid 20 hours a day and trying my best! Thank you for your understanding and patronage! I will email you soon! TTYL Jay"

I needed for christmas!!!

Quick Reply: Miss Hydro 1.5 from GITaHobby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12383 seconds with 11 queries