Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Hobby King

Old 07-25-2015, 03:25 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Actually not strictly true ... if the seller or origin can show correct addressing / instructions - then the responsibility lies with the shipping service.
No Nigel not legally. If you don't receive your goods the law says the seller is responsible and has to replace or refund. The seller may then be able to claim back from the courier but that's not the buyers problem.

The buyer has no contract with the courier so is legally unable to claim anything back from them. The buyer's contract is with the seller who is legally bound to supply the goods he sold you.
Old 07-25-2015, 05:00 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
No Nigel not legally. If you don't receive your goods the law says the seller is responsible and has to replace or refund. The seller may then be able to claim back from the courier but that's not the buyers problem.

The buyer has no contract with the courier so is legally unable to claim anything back from them. The buyer's contract is with the seller who is legally bound to supply the goods he sold you.
I'm not going to get into legal arguments here ... but dealing with couriers and shipping services everyday ... its not that simple ... trust me.

Nigel
Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

UK trading standards disagrees with you Nigel
LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSIT

If the trader arranges for goods to be delivered to a consumer, the goods remain at the trader's risk until delivery. Therefore it is the trader's responsibility to ensure that goods are not lost or damaged in transit and/or to take out appropriate insurance.
Even the seller can prove he posted the goods that does not fulfil his contract (if that contract included delivery) unless the goods are in fact delivered. It really is that simple.
Old 07-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Wrongway-Feldman

There is a lot of back and forth in this thread about woulda coulda shoulda.
The truth is no-one knows why it was returned.
As far as getting a shipping refund from the courier/transportation company, good luck with that. According to them you didn't pay for the shipping, HK did. You paid HK and they paid for the shipping. Other than providing you with public tracking information they can do nothing else because you are not their customer, HK is.
The number one reason for returned parcels is improper labeling or missing or incomplete paperwork. That would be HK's fault. But that also means that the shipping company won't refund the shipping back to HK, which is why they try to recoup the shipping from you.
Because they are based in China you have zero recourse through legal means to get your money back, you have to live with whatever they say their policy is.
Your only recourse is to file a PayPal claim and cross your fingers.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:28 PM
birdDog
Charging....

PP finally sided with me for full refund including shipping.
This is after multiple attempts by HK to have me reclassify the situation as "item not as described" and cancel the claim, repeatedly asserting that they cannot refund postage.
Their claim is that the package was returned and marked "unclaimed reason". The package was in the destination country for 10 overnight hours. Not enough time for an unclaimed by recipient situation.
They have not canceled my Platinum account at this time.
I have since made a local warehouse order with them but doubt they have any offerings that will leverage me into an international purchase again.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:09 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

My recent experiences with HK have been pretty good. Ordered an edf and lipo from their Arkansas warehouse and it only took 4 days to process and arrive. Shipping was reasonable too. ~ $15.00. I'm impressed.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:59 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

I typically only order from the US locations now. If one of those two locations don't have it, I don't need it.

Recently placed an order with the Ease Warehouse. Showed up in 3 days.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Porcia83

AK warehouse has been hitting it out of the park for the past few months, packed and shipped and delivered within 7 days tops. No issues so far. It is annoying though that they send the e-mails about getting paid, but never send tracking info. It's not available in any e-mail or on their site unless you ask for live help. I asked the live help person why, "so we can help you"....duh. Can't think why it wouldn't be just as easy to knock out an automated e-mail with tracking info. Less use of live help, more time to help others with real issues.

Haven't ordered from overseas for a while, usually expensive and takes too long.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:13 AM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Odd, I get an email from them every time an order ships, and it always comes with a tracking number. For example, here's an excerpt from the email I got from them on 7/22 (I edited part of the tracking number myself):

"This is an email to inform you that your item has been dispatched from our warehouse.
TRK#: 940551........40076035"

This was sent USPS, like I have all my small packages sent from them.

In addition, when I log onto my account and look at my orders, the tracking number is right there again in plain sight right under the 4 green checkmarks.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:20 AM
Porcia83

you know I thought that is the way it used to be, perhaps using fedex has changed this. The last 3 orders didn't get the "your order has been shipped" e-mail. That's why I asked the live help, and they said they don't do that. Not shocked to be getting conflicting info though.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:01 AM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Weird. Seems odd that they'd not give tracking numbers, no matter what the shipping method.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:57 AM
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

I too do not get an email with tracking number. I just made 2 orders this week. Though on my HK account page list the tracking numbers but the email did not. These 2 order were also using fed ex ground
Old 08-04-2015, 10:45 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I always get the usual run of emails saying ... sent to warehouse ... shipment being made up ... sent etc.

But I always use the HK Website and my account page for details to check tracking etc.

Nigel
Old 08-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Porcia83

double checked regular e-mail and spam, nothing after the "we got your payment" e-mail.

went back to my order online, it's not their either. Can anyone tell me where their tracking info is listed via the order page on the HK system? This is driving me batty now.

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:11 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Haven't checked their system since they updated it... but you used to be able to go to your account and find the order number and get to the tracking info from there.

it also used to keep a listing of everything you bought and when you bought it.
Old 08-04-2015, 05:17 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Porcia83 View Post
double checked regular e-mail and spam, nothing after the "we got your payment" e-mail.

went back to my order online, it's not their either. Can anyone tell me where their tracking info is listed via the order page on the HK system? This is driving me batty now.

Thanks.
Tracking only appears when you use REGISTERED or RECORDED delivery mode. If you choose cheapest option - then often tracking is not available.

The Tracking number is a long series and is just below the Ticks indicating status of your order via warehouse queue..... and above the box "RETURNS.

Attached here are two pics ... one is the photo of screen

and second attached PDF is the print to file of screen showing the URL embedded in the tracking number ...

Nigel
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tracking HK.pdf (94.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 08-04-2015, 05:22 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Yes,

It's there. It will be directly under the 4 check marks as Nigel shows above. I just tested it. You need to copy the numbers shown. If it's a US warehouse order, it's going FedEx Smartpost. Just logon to FedEx tracking and paste the number into the track package box.

-Hawk
Old 08-04-2015, 05:46 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

First email :

Dear Nigel Luther / Svetlana Lutere

Thanks for shopping at our store

Your order details are:
1x #9306000079-0/66293 HobbyKing Avro Lancaster V2 Thumper MKIII 4 Engine Bomber EPO 1320mm (PNF) (EU Warehouse) = $127.04

PayPal $0.00
Registered (Tracking) Parcel - Netherlands to Latvia (FREE) $0.00
Taxes: $0.00
-------------------
Total: $127.04

HobbyKing
cs@hobbyking.com

You will receive payment confirmation in another e-mail

Second Email :

Dear Nigel Luther /
This is an email from hobbyking's product checker #501.
I would like to inform you that your product(s) have been double checked and are now packed in their box and sent to the dispatch area. Please allow 48hrs for any tracking information to be displayed/updated.

Thanks for your support!
Hobbyking.com

Third email :

Hello, Nigel Luther / Svetlana Lutere

This is an email to inform you that your item has been dispatched from our warehouse.
TRK#: 47150053330416
To:
Nigel Luther / Svetlana Lutere
Medus 57
Ventspils, Kurzeme LV3601, LV
LATVIA
Ph:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

YOUR ORDER ID IS: 20011994310
ALWAYS QUOTE YOUR ORDER ID WHEN YOU EMAIL US

YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE UP TO 45 DAYS TO ARRIVE.

IMPORTANT
1) To check on the status of your order please log into your account on our website.
It can take up to 48hrs for the tracking details to become active within the postal system.
2) If you are unsure of the location of your parcel please contact the postal officein your country.
3) If your parcel arrives damaged or opened, DO NOT accept it unless you open the parcel in front of the courier/postman to check and count contents, or reject the parcel as being damaged and have it returned to sender and notify us straight away.

Regards
www.hobbyking.com

Nigel
Old 08-04-2015, 08:04 PM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

I show tracking numbers everywhere Nigel has posted.

Also, for small US warehouse orders, you also have the option of USPS shipping. I don't order bulky stuff, so my orders always go USPS Priority.
Old 08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
Porcia83

Well I'll be...right there in front of me the whole time. Thanks guys, that's exactly where it is. No hyperlink on the Fedex or USPS numbers, just the numbers themselves. When I plug those in, they work. I remember seeing the numbers/link on the ones from overseas, which always went to "smartpost"...but never worked.

I'm a visual lerner...pics help! Thanks again!
Old 08-21-2015, 12:50 AM
Porcia83

Gotta love this....I finally broke down and ordered to ESC's from the Hong Kong location. Within 24 hours it shows packed and shipped. Today I get home, they are waiting for me. Total time from ordering to receipt, 6 days.

Ordered something from the Eastern warehouse, it took 10. Go figure
Old 08-21-2015, 06:16 AM
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Yeah, I ordered a bunch of lipos and LEDs from Arkansas on Monday. Paid immediate with PayPal, all items in stock. Went to online chat today to see why it has not shipped yet. Was told that it was still within the 2-3 day window for processing. It's never taken 3 business days for any of my USA orders to ship.

Lo and behold, about two hours later I got a shipping notice. Sucks because I wanted those lipos for flying on Saturday.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:20 AM
fishycomics

I guess certain items need clearing. if you chosen a better ship meahod would they gotten to you faster

Ebay hobbyking is different for sure
Old 08-21-2015, 02:18 PM
Porcia83

Yup...sure is. There they can live and die not only by feedback, but the dreaded DSR's....mess up there and all kinds of profit killing steps fall into place.
Old 08-21-2015, 03:50 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

My recent experience with the US Warehouse has been quite good. Prompt shipping.

But did you see the latest 48 hour free shipping special ? Yes, free shipping from their International warehouse on orders over $150.00.

I'm like crack addict. Might not be able to resist.

https://snt146.mail.live.com/?tid=cm...g2&fid=flinbox

Hawk

Quick Reply: Hobby King

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.12479 seconds with 14 queries