Helicopters- Electric For Sale & WTB Electric powered helis for sale and wanted in here. Free to buy or sell!

I need your help

Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by Lowpassjr View Post
what parts come with the heli
I've got a few replacement parts for it - will have to take an inventory, but I know I have a spare tail motor, tail blades, tail housing, flybar, the old swashplate, and a main shaft with gear.

I think I'll keep the Cessna - it needs to be put back together and I don't have time to do that, and it's not worth much.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Fernando L. Benitez

Wow "Royal's British Brass" that fit him he look like royalty and he look like he can be in a dog show and win first price. Akira, I think I may have seen some of his movies I like some of the Japanese films, Im more into Anime but now more into RC, lol.

My prayers will keep comming for you Jasmine.

Fernando
Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Well yes, Fernando, he is a show quality dog, but he's neutered so he wouldn't qualify for that. This is the best way to have your dogs if they are pets, and most people who would buy a dog like this probably aren't suited to be breeders. He comes from a very good blood-line - his mom is the current breed example in DogsUSA, and some of his relatives have won Best in Shows, and they have starred on TV specials with Criss Angel. I guess he really likes their weird look for his weird style...

"Akira" is the seminal Anime film. I have a copy of it here and have watched it several times - knowing the meaning of the word is important to understanding the story - or it gives you a deeper understanding of it anyway. It is a very good film, but it's violent and a little dirty in some places - not suitable for kids.

I got some x-rays to share with you all - posted in the pictures. It kinda looks like the small bone is still broken? I have to call them about that.

He is up and walking around and has a big cast on his leg. He has been really good and I've been able to take off the 'conehead collar' because he doesn't seem to be interested in licking anything. He's just been standing in the sun and barking at the neighbors like normal. I had to re-arrange the furniture in here because he wants to jump up on the couch. He is kind of acting like nothing happened - but he is on some strong drugs - Tramadol - which is the same stuff I took when I broke my ankle about a year ago.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BrokenBones.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	72269   Click image for larger version

Name:	BonesPlated.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	72270   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hpim0501.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	72271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hpim0502.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	72272  
Old 07-11-2008, 06:53 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Oh by the way - I let his hair grow naturally, but here he is in "show clip" just shortly after I got him. I don't have the heart to shave his face like this - it really irritates their skin, which is soft and silky. This is very detailed photo and his coloring has changed since then. First photo on the second row. I think he's one of the better-looking dogs on the page...

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Crested_Dog
Old 07-12-2008, 08:33 AM
Fernando L. Benitez

Don't shave his face he look cool like that, kind of Mind Freak style. About the broken bone yes you should ask them as soon as posible before it heal that way to much and then is to late to get it right. Animals adapt very fast so even they are not fully heal they just keep with there normal life so Im sure he just want to have fun. I wish I can have some of that strong drug every time my ankels get inflamated, I'll be a happy camper lol

Yes, I have Akira the anime movie also it was one of my first oficial Anime movie I view. I know what you mean it's stronger than a regular cartoon, I see them more has a regular movie subject but animated.

Fernando
Old 07-13-2008, 12:00 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Oh I did find out... the other bone in the picture hadn't been set yet. The x-ray is right after the surgery before they did that. They said it's fine now and will get better over time. There isn't anything they can do on that little bone that wouldn't stress it more, and they said most of his weight (all 9lbs of it) is held by the big bone.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Fernando L. Benitez

Well that's good news, just keep him from getting to excited so he don't make any rough movement or twist with that leg and make it worst. Maybe he can use an RC Truck to move around. lol

Fernando
Old 07-14-2008, 08:24 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

On an weird and interesting note, I took him out to his breeder today because she is going to keep him while I'm out of town, and she doesn't charge for that for her dogs, but I'll probably donate a bit to her because she will have to take him to the vet for a check-up and to re-wrap the leg and x-ray it again.

Anyway... we were comparing him to his sister, who he seemed to remember quite well, and she has won shows, and we both agreed that even with his busted leg, he is in better overall health and has much better features. She said if I didn't have him neutered he could probably win shows without even trying. His sister is from the same litter and she's very pretty, but she's shorter and fatter than he is, and her hair isn't nearly as long. They are supposed to be tall and skinny, with long flowing hair, particularly on the tail. He has always been a lovable friend, but it's interesting to know that he's also apparently a prime example of the breed standard.

He seems to be pretty happy and he did remember his old house, so I hope he'll be ok while I'm gone. I hate to leave him, but with the loss of my underling at work, I'm the only one who can do this meeting in Chicago. I tried to get out of it, but I don't really have the option of refusing to go
Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Fernando L. Benitez

I know how you feel it's hard to be the bread winer in the family sometimes we have to do things even if we dont like it or want. But hey don't feel to bad he will be in good hands for what you said, in his old home and family you guys will just miss each other. Beside, that way the breeder can see that your the lucky one that got the real show winner.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:56 PM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Just to let you all know, Akira had his check-up and he's healing well from the surgery. They told me to take him off the pain medication, but he kinda limps around holding his leg up, so I gave him a little bit. I'm a firm believer in "better living through chemistry" - and I don't want his leg to be bothering him.

I want to thank you all again for your support. I have decided to create a foundation to give back to the community. When I get out of this financial slump, I'll be creating a group to help out with similar situations, and I'm also an environmental nut (a little), so I want to do something to encourage clubs to migrate to electric flying, and to build solar charging stations.

http://www.theakirafoundation.com/ - placeholder web site...
Old 08-11-2008, 11:55 PM
quadracer111

Originally Posted by GANJAR View Post
Is any of that stuff still for sale jasmine, I would love to help. I have a few animals of my own and i know the feeling. Thankfully we can afford to keep insurance on them, think like 10-16$ cat/dog or something like that from petsmart. Still had to dish out 100$ though to remove a nail in surgery, but they said it woulda been the same price to remove the whole toe(the one thats up the leg a bit). It's about the same price for a dental cleaning cause they gotta put them under to do it.

Anyhow i would be interested in ur CX or CP if u still have them, maybe even ur cessna, but i gotta see about $$. My job decided to give me a random drug test monday morning after july 4th long weekend. If unless by some miracle, im pretty sure i came up dirty, so i gotta see about the job first : ( --- If stuff blows over, i would liek to get something from u.
Drink LOTS and LOTS of water... also drink green tea... i think that helps
Old 08-29-2008, 05:03 AM
livinma1
WAA-08 Pilot #24

latest status ?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 AM
jasmine2501
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
latest status ?
Well, we made it through the month and only had to be late on one bill, so thanks to everyone again for the donations. Akira has the bandages off his leg now, but it's not totally healed up, so he's got the cone on his head for a while so he doesn't lick it. He is putting weight on the leg but he's supposed to take it easy for a while. The x-ray shows that it healed up but the bone is still broken - so it will be a while before he can go up the stairs and stuff like that. He seems to be in a pretty good mood overall though, which is nice because I'm still a little nervous.