Flight Simulators Discuss computer flight simulators here

To CLEARVIEW users ... question on 3D

Old 12-11-2014, 12:46 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default To CLEARVIEW users ... question on 3D

Before filling the thread with suggestions of Phoenix or RF ... please don't. Phoenix and RF are good - but are not on my shopping list and to be honest I'd rather spend such money elsewhere ...

I have various sims ... but was looking for one that had reasonable 3D capability as well. Clearview and price saved the day. So now I am swapping from the excellent RC Planemaster which does not cover 3D ... to Clearview.

I want to hear from Clearview users who actually do 3D and use Clearview to practice 3D ... AND from those like me who may be moving from usual flight style into more 3D orientated. If like me - you find 3D difficult after many years of 'flying' and staying out of stall conditions !! (except of course odd Lomchevaks, Spins and stall turns !!).

My only problem at moment - is I haven't installed to my Hobby use PC and I'm not with my USB Tx ... they are back at home about 3000km away !!

Cheers
Nigel
Old 12-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Stevephoon
Super Contributor

Hi Nigel,

I'm a Clearview user, but not a 3D pilot. It does a good enough job that I can't seem to perform 3D on it either. My general experience is that everything is a little easier in the simulator than in real life, but not by a lot. More like the planes are balanced and trimmed better than mine in real life. I'll play with it some more tonight when I get home and post some additional thoughts.

Steve

ps: I bought a cheap USB to trainer port adapter and use my DX7 as the controller.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:47 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I have a spare 9xr and because I use 9xr for most of my models now - will hook that up.

I agree that sims do tend to be 'easier' than real rc ... I think the 'fear factor' has something to do with that as well.

Nigel
Old 12-11-2014, 05:26 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

OK ... question to Clearview users ....... I see that FMS models can be imported - so the website says --- FMS is the pits but many people over the years have drawn up various for it.

Any good importing FMS models ?

Nigel
Old 12-11-2014, 06:12 PM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Try these links....:

Clearview.....

http://gunnerson.homestead.com/files...iew_models.htm

FMS.....

http://gunnerson.homestead.com/files/fms_models.htm

I've used many from both links with a Spektrum and Dynam TX........not to many plane 3D models, but the ones he has are ok (the heli's kind of suck).......you'll need to spend sometime re-configuring your 9xr to use either and they both work on Windows XP, 7 and Vista.
Old 12-11-2014, 06:57 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Tks ... added to the directory ...

Cheers
Nigel
Old 01-24-2015, 08:52 AM
Suprawill1

Hi Nigel,
I know it's been a while since you posted this but I am a Clearview owner and I love it. I haven't gotten into 3D flying but have made extensive use of CV including recording flights. From my experience, there are a few simulated models that actually feel and act the same as the real models I've flown. I also love being able to place myself in the simujlated cockpit as well as on ground viewing. There are quite a few models that I have imported and a couple from a gentleman whos name I've forgotten but I can look up. He designed the largest simulated model I've ever flown and man is it smooth!

Will
Old 01-24-2015, 09:43 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

No prob.

I used RCPlanemaster for a number of years and very happy with it. But they never added more models after the last update quite a while back .. and there is a lack of 3D models. So I looked around for a 3D training sim ...

I made up a table of wants ... Pros and Cons ... and Clearview was a clear winner overall.... I listed out RF, Phoenix and a few others ..

Problem at moment is I am still in Crimea and without my Tx .... forced to play via keyboard............. which sucks !

I am itching to get home and start using it properly as well as back to my old 'girls' ... my extensive hangar !

Clearview is going to get me going with my Zlin 50 profile and finally with my Extra 300 - I already fly as usual style - it's the extrene 3D I'm now after. The Yak 55 which is now waiting for me is part of my overall plan as well ...

Nigel
Old 01-24-2015, 03:21 PM
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

I have only used keyboard for clearview...I'm a keyboard 3D pro...except the the planes that just spin at full throw. Forced to limit travel in settings
Old 01-24-2015, 03:36 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

I've not used Clearview but i do have RealFlight. For practising 3D you might try one of the giant scale models. Generally (like real life) the big ones in a sim are less twitchy and like flying in slow motion compared to smaller models, this makes getting the 3D moves off is a lot easier. once you get the muscle memory worked out you can try it on the smaller sim models.... or just go buy a giant scale RC 3D model!
Old 01-24-2015, 04:16 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I've not used Clearview but i do have RealFlight. For practising 3D you might try one of the giant scale models. Generally (like real life) the big ones in a sim are less twitchy and like flying in slow motion compared to smaller models, this makes getting the 3D moves off is a lot easier. once you get the muscle memory worked out you can try it on the smaller sim models.... or just go buy a giant scale RC 3D model!
Yep - I've downloaded a few biggies into CV .... was mucking about with a SU earlier on it ... pity about the Keyboard though !

But I'd prefer not to practice too much on my EF EXtra 300 !! That could prove a little expensive.

I reckon a combo of the biggies on CV and my cheapo real Zlin profile should get me along quite a way.

I want to get the Extra dialed in with the new motor and surfaces maxed out before I start pushing the limits on her. She's too nice to smack !
May sound crazy - but if I had to choose which I'd smack out of the Extra or the Yak I bought ? The Yak before the Extra.

Nigel
Old 01-19-2016, 10:08 PM
Bagoparts

Nigel, I use clearview after using both FMS and RC deskpilot. Clearview wins by a long shot. I have used to learn to fly am now using for learning aerobatics. I can't say enough good about it.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:17 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Its been some time since last posting and CV has done its job well.

Only problem now is that some landscapes and models fail to load up properly. Think I need to download and install again those.

Nigel