Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Rcdude.com and empire hobby are great

Old 01-15-2009, 09:46 PM
dogsheep
Banned

Thumbs up Rcdude.com and empire hobby are great

Alright, a warning: this will be one of those "please accept a million thanks" posts. If you can't take excessive or profuse gratitude, move to another post now, while you can!

Last night, while using my Hyperion Duo charger (bought from rcdude.com) to top up an A123 battery, I dropped the output lead onto the power supply output: SNAP, CRACKLE, POP and the lights on the DUO went out!

Yikes, I'm cooked I thought.

I thought about it a bit, decided no way I could go on in life without my Hyperion Duo, and ordered a DUO 2 (the new one!) from my original seller, Randy at RCDUDE.COM in Oregon.

Then, I post a question on "the other forum" asking where to get my Duo repaired, and went to bed. This morning I got up and Nippon Dave had answered, advising that though it was my fault, any consumer can get a replacement for a 45% discount! Dave advised the replacement could come from Empire Hobbies, the distributor.

Wow, Hyperion underwrites my negligence!

So, to skip a few details and a few phone calls, my original seller, Randy/RCDUDE, arranged to sell me the DUO 2, with a discount and free shipment, and all I have to do is send Empire the dead one! (Randy is only a few hundred miles from me).

Now, this is going above and beyond folks, and all I can say is THANK YOU Hyperion (I did not even know about the "no fault" policy), Empire and Randy/RCDUDE!

We really are lucky to have such customer oriented folks in this worst of times.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:37 PM
HoaRC

Well, dogsheep, you joined a month ago in December and you have only 30 posts, so I'd be skeptical as to whether you are not the owner but anyway thanks for the review.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:39 PM
dogsheep
Banned

Owner? I wish. I can't own both of them, can I? Well, I guess I could but I don't.

Gee, maybe you meant the owner of the charger?

If only I weren't.

I'm sitting here waiting for the new one-it should be an hour or so.

So, Ho, it ain't so!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:19 PM
EpoweredRc
3D Flyer

When dealing with good people you get great service, I know RC dude Randy just from online and hes a great guy.. Dave is a good guy also.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Vintage High Flyer

Default Replaced T-28

It has been awhile,but I want to thank Horizon for the replacement of my T-28 after a problem with the ESC. I know they did not have to do that. Of course they are the first place I shopped and they still are. Thanks Horizon.j
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
dogsheep
Banned

Originally Posted by HoaRC View Post
Well, dogsheep, you joined a month ago in December and you have only 30 posts, so I'd be skeptical as to whether you are not the owner but anyway thanks for the review.

Still skeptical?
Old 03-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Empire RC is my main supplier for many reasons, but the replacment discount is certainly one of them.

Brian at Empire gets my high 5's for sure. He recently has jumped through the hoop for me regarding a Bird Dog canopy as well as a P-51 fuse. Time and time again Empire makes it clear that they appreciate me as a dealer.

Global however could not care less about me. That too, has been made very clear.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 PM
dogsheep
Banned

What does Global distribute?
Old 03-01-2009, 06:38 PM
Nitro Blast
Community Moderator

Global is Hobby People.