Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Parkzone Spitfrire from Parkzone t28

Old 10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
mgb

Default Parkzone Spitfrire from Parkzone t28

Hi all,

I am a newbie to the forum and relative newbe to flying since converting from helis ! I started with a supercub and after about 10 flights moved to the t28 which I love..... I now fly on high settings and am happy to loop, roll and land ! do you think a jump to the spitfire is acheivable ? will it be much faster, more of a handful ? how do the run times compare ? are the hand launches an issue as I am currently taking off from the ground ?

thanks for any input.. sorry for the type on the title !

Last edited by mgb; 10-08-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo !
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Desolas

Going from the T28 to the Spitfire would be a step down, IMO. If your sick of the T28 and are going to use the parts, building a higher horsepower Spitfire would be achievable but the brushed motor and NIMH power that the Spitfire has makes it a little ... underwhelming ... especially compared to the T28 which is 3S lipo and brushless. The T28 has enough power to get itself out of trouble, for example you can pull an inverted loop from a reasonably slow starting speed. You cannot do this with the Spitfire, it does not have the ability to power itself out of trouble. I emphasize on this because it is how I personally lost two of them when I was new.

If you are looking for a "more exciting" plane to fly, you probably won't be happy with the Spitfire. If you want more of a good looking scale plane that is inexpensive - it fits the bill.

Hand launching them is pretty easy but takes a little practice. You need to launch them under full power and really chuck them into the air as they are kind of heavy and under powered. Once moving it's a fun plane to fly though.

In my opinion though, the T28 is way more fun to fly.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

The spitfire is a nice plane, and even stok i hear they fly nice. You really have to ask yourself why do you want a spitfire. There are many other planes out there that are fun to fly, the spitfire is a nice plane but it rolls kinda slowly IMO. Now if you want a plane to do stunts, i would suggest getting some kind of 3D plane. If you want speed, the funjet is a great plane to build for some high speed, if you like the spitfire because of the way it looks or perhaps the history of the plane then i would understand, but right now the ParkZone F4U Corsair is their newest warbird and already has the brushless motor and ESC.

(Keep in mind; For about the same money you can build a spitfire to compair with the ParkZone F4U Corsair.)
Old 10-08-2008, 10:04 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Oh yeah, and the Stryker F27-C is a really fun plane too, it's easy to fly and easy to see. The stryker is also a rather fast plane too, but can coast in far slower then any warbird.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:51 AM
mgb

thanks all for the advise, really like the spit because of the looks, would it be any harder to fly than the t28 ? how would it differ, thanks again
Old 10-09-2008, 08:08 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

Originally Posted by mgb View Post
thanks all for the advise, really like the spit because of the looks, would it be any harder to fly than the t28 ? how would it differ, thanks again

If you can pilot the T28 then you will have little issue flying the spitfire, remember the spit will have less thrust so just amke sure you don't pull it strait up into a stall when you are too close to the ground.

The plane will be a little slower but the plane flys just fine.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 PM
mgb

thanks for all the advise, think I will paint the t28 for now and upgrade the radio ! Also keen to look at ducted fan !!!! Any ideas for a good entry in to fan ?

Thanks for all the help, really great forum
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
constantCrash
prefectionist

I've got the Corsair, I had the spitfire but it was stolen. It was my second plane and I find myself missing it. On a 3 Cell lipo it was faster than my corsair is now and it was easy to launch. Mine looked like poo because I crashed it bad twice but it still few very well.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:57 PM
DetroitHawk
Super Awesome

thanks for all the advise, think I will paint the t28 for now and upgrade the radio ! Also keen to look at ducted fan !!!! Any ideas for a good entry in to fan ?

get a radio first, then look into the Phase3 F-16. FOr the $$$ it is alot of fun, i paid $120 for mine and all i needed was my radio and battery and i was good to go.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/107312.asp

look to your local hobby store (LHS) for a better deal then this site, but it shows the plane.

I made mine look silly for a F16 but it looks awesome in the air.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 AM
pvtzemerak
3D Huckifyer!

Default Heya, welcome to wattflyer!

Hmm a radio and a deducted fan?
for the radio, i would DEFANITLY recomend a spektrum dx6i. It comes with a reciever and the controller, and it was my first good radio too. and its begginer-friendly, its very easy to use. and if you ever want a new plane, it offers a 10 model memory system.

LINK- http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...ProdID=SPM6600

LINK- http://hobby-lobby.com/hornet.htm
For the deducted fan plane, i would recomend the fa 18 hornet ARF. It comes with everything except the radio and reciever. so if you buy the spektrum dx6i package, youll be able to use it with the plane. remember to buy the ARF, you'll build the plane in about an hour and a half, and then install the reciever, charge the batery, and your ready to go! remeber for the first few flights to keep it at half throttle and trim her up, at full throttle, the fa 18 hornet can get speeds of up to 65 mph. But the battery only lasts about 6 minuets, so ide sugest you get a seperate battery for around 37$. i know the radio is pricy, but its a very good radio!
Good luck
~pvt zemerak