Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

odd behavior Turnigy Plush 10A ESCs

Old 05-03-2013, 08:42 PM
maxflyer

Default odd behavior Turnigy Plush 10A ESCs

I was going to return my Bantam Two-Meter for warranty repair or replacement, as It could not throttle up a Blue Wonder style motor through a Turnigy 10A ESC. I tried both 2S and 3S batteries. This same ESC would operate properly through the RX on its plane. The Two-Meter would run the other functions fine, just not the watt meter. I assumed the watt meter function had failed. I got the same results with a second 10A Plush ESC as well. Just before boxing the meter up to return it, I thought I should try it on some other ESCs, just to make sure it was the meter. It performed tests flawlessly (using an unmounted 400 class motor for the tests) using a Turnigy Plush 30A, a Saker 20A, and a Castle 35A. It seems there is something bizarre going on with these 10A ESCs. I tried mounting the second 10A in the plane. It also performed flawlessly through the RX. I then unmounted both ESCs and hooked them up to a Turnigy programming card. After several tries I got one ESC to light up the card. I never did get the original ESC to light the card at all, though it seems to perform fine in the plane. They both do. These little ESCs are pretty good for the price, but it's frustrating not to be able to develop a power system without the watt meter function. Anyone know what might be going on with these things? Maybe Korea and China are having some dissent here.