Minimum voltage Turnigy 4000mah 2s - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Minimum voltage Turnigy 4000mah 2s

Old 03-05-2019, 02:02 PM
jangodog

Default Minimum voltage Turnigy 4000mah 2s

Howdy members. I have this : https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...er-pack-1.html in my DX6 transmitter and it's now reaching 7.5V.

What is the limit for low volts on this battery? Tomorrow i'm getting this charger : https://www.banggood.com/SkyRC-D100-...r_warehouse=CN

Is it correct i should charge it with 4 amps? And what should the other settings/values be like?
Old 03-05-2019, 02:25 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

2S LiPo ..... absolute lowest total voltage you should try to avoid is 6.0V. LiPo cells do not like dropping below 3V and irreparable damage occurs going below that. It is recc'd to stay above at least 3.3V per cell... 6.6V total.

Your battery giving 7.5V is at 3.75V per cell- which is a nice storage value ...

Here's a LiPo table as reference ..

You ask what settings to charge it at ... usually for many - it would be 1C which is 4A. For other settings - all you need is to set 2S mode LiPo ... and let the charger do it automatically for you. I personally suggest not to modify internal charger settings ...leave as default.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:31 PM
jangodog

So with 7.5 i still have a little juice left for some sim flying a couple of hours? I'd better stop at 7.00 just to be safe then Thank's for the Lipo table and it's pr cell off course.
I'm thinking of using regular 4 AA 1.5v batteries for the rest of the sim until my charger arrives tomorrow. One last Q. There is no balancer cable on the Turnigy battery. So it will
be charged without balance. Does this matter?
Old 03-05-2019, 06:22 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Usually charging of Tx pack is done while connected and in the Tx via the charger socket. This means basically using the supplied radios charger. Do you not have one with the Tx ?

The battery pack you have is claimed as 'intelligent' ..... cutting of power at 2.95V per cell (remember my 3.0V comment) and says it shuts off charge at 4.2V per cell. So my reading of that is that its designed to be plugged in to your Spektrum and charged in situ....

Do not forget that your radio must be set in options to LiPo

I do not use Spektrum - so I must refer you to your Radio manual other Spektrum users.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:13 PM
jangodog

My Spektrum DX6 i set up to lipo battery. And wil only charge outside the transmitter via small connecter since it's not the battery pack with charger. Think it's called a deans plug.