Hello? Anyone from Massachusetts?

Old 01-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Saddlebum
The Old Guy Returneth...

Originally Posted by HoaRC View Post
Hello? Anyone from Massachusetts?
I'm 45 miles west of you in Belchertown (near UMass) and fly in Hadley (near Northampton).

...The Bum
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Well, all of you MA guys need to get some AP/AV/FPV shots of some of that spectacular scenery up there.

How about some footage from the top of Mt Greylock, or views from over the Quabbin reservoir? I'd even settle for some aerial views of the Blue Hills. The old weather observatory at the top of Big Blue cries for someone to get some footage of it.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:14 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

You should just move back home you know you don't like that warm weather deep down you miss the snow and cold.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

You make an excellent point.....

Yet I refuse to let this wonderful weather drive me off. I think I shall try to stay a little longer.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Mr. X.

Originally Posted by stvnmccc View Post
Hello everyone, I am an RC enthusiast living here in Oxford,MA. You can find me racing at RC Excitement or trying not to crash my planes. I joined this forum to gain more knowledge and have my questions answered about rc flying.My name is Steve and if anybody is interested in flying sometime let me know. Thanks
Didn't know anyone else was flying in Oxford. I have been flying a year and run into one kid in charlton at the middle school. The parking lot makes an excellent runway.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:07 AM
Mr. X.

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
You should just move back home you know you don't like that warm weather deep down you miss the snow and cold.
Gramps,

Is there a way to join the rocky hill flying circus? I live in Oxford and have been trying to find a flying site. I have been on Rc groups under the same name for a while and googled oxford and the name came up.

Dave
Old 03-15-2011, 03:34 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I will send the president a email they are a great bunch of guys at this club. Very laid back and there is no snobs here. As long as it flies and safe they don't care.

I will do this tomorrow and send you a PM later at night or when I get a answer.
John.
By the way where have you been flying?
John.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:10 AM
Mr. X.

I will send the president a email they are a great bunch of guys at this club. Very laid back and there is no snobs here. As long as it flies and safe they don't care.

I will do this tomorrow and send you a PM later at night or when I get a answer.
John.
By the way where have you been flying?
John.
I have been flying at Charlton middle school the oxford high school and down in ct on private land. I have 9 or 10 balsa planes so far and have gotten to the point that I don't bring home a pile of sticks. I have some videos of flying my float plane here at the greenbriar field from snow http://vimeo.com/18442589
Good to meet you,

Dave

Last edited by Mr. X.; 03-15-2011 at 09:05 PM. Reason: edited link
Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 AM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Mr X you have some nice vids I have gone to a lot of baseball games done in Greenbriar my son played there for many years a lot good times down there.

If you go to the 1:45 mark you can see the club flying field big flat snow patch. I haven't heard form the president yet I haven't forgotten you.
John
Old 03-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Mr. X.

Mr X you have some nice vids I have gone to a lot of baseball games done in Greenbriar my son played there for many years a lot good times down there.

If you go to the 1:45 mark you can see the club flying field big flat snow patch. I haven't heard form the president yet I haven't forgotten you.
John
I like that field because landing is challenging. I flew my pt-19 there the other day and had several good flights. I flre my p-47 ath the high school yesterday. I think i might send them a bill for keeping the geese away. Thanks for checking into that for me. I was contemplating joining the sturbridge club but this is much closer.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Bald Paul

Seems as though there are quite a few of us living in Oxford!

Just sent in my AMA application, and will be looking for a club locally. I'm going to need some "re-training" and getting some instruction with a buddy box is probably a lot less expensive than trying to do it on my own. The Millis club isn't that far from where I work - in fact, it's on my way home - so stopping by there in the afternoon would still give me time to get in a flight or two before sunset. I'm still looking, though.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Mr. X.

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
Seems as though there are quite a few of us living in Oxford!

Just sent in my AMA application, and will be looking for a club locally. I'm going to need some "re-training" and getting some instruction with a buddy box is probably a lot less expensive than trying to do it on my own. The Millis club isn't that far from where I work - in fact, it's on my way home - so stopping by there in the afternoon would still give me time to get in a flight or two before sunset. I'm still looking, though.
I have a buddy box set-up if you want to get out and fly sometime. You have to be a better flier than my fiancee..
Old 04-01-2011, 06:26 PM
Mr. X.

John
John,

When I get a moment I have a video and some pics I took down at the field. I got down there wed and will get down sunday if you're there.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I must of missed you wed. by minutes. I got there around 6:45 I was hoping to catch you down there. I am shooting for sun. myself hoping the wind lays down by then.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Mr. X.

I must of missed you wed. by minutes. I got there around 6:45 I was hoping to catch you down there. I am shooting for sun. myself hoping the wind lays down by then.
I flew a few packs on the sukhoi and did some pics and a video. I was thinking there has to be a way to flatten the field a bit with a steamroller or something?
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM
Bald Paul

Originally Posted by Mr. X. View Post
I have a buddy box set-up if you want to get out and fly sometime. You have to be a better flier than my fiancee..
I just may take you up on that offer! I have a Flyzone Switch on it's way, so once I get that set up, I'll get in touch with you if you don't mind.

Re: flight skills. We'll have to see on that....
Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 PM
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. X. View Post
I flew a few packs on the sukhoi and did some pics and a video. I was thinking there has to be a way to flatten the field a bit with a steamroller or something?

Not going to happen Dave we have no water or electricity down there so no growing new grass after wards. You have to get bigger wheels and longer landing gear wire. I did a lot of nose over landings down there till I learned to stall just above the deck with my smaller stuff.
This field was made by the glow guys, and their bigger planes. It is a rough strip for sure with no hope of improvement.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Mr. X.

Not going to happen Dave we have no water or electricity down there so no growing new grass after wards. You have to get bigger wheels and longer landing gear wire. I did a lot of nose over landings down there till I learned to stall just above the deck with my smaller stuff.
This field was made by the glow guys, and their bigger planes. It is a rough strip for sure with no hope of improvement.
I can handle it... just might be nice to use a steamroller to flatten it out
Old 06-05-2011, 03:41 AM
CaptainIncompetent

Cambridge n00b checking in. Are there any local micro heli pilots?

I just picked up a Blade mSR knowing full well that it probably isn't the best option for a newbie. Such is the joy of impulse buying.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:23 AM
C-pher

Hello All...I haven't started flying yet. But I'm looking to just get into it..so I'm trying to do a lot of reading and see what I can learn before I start spending TONS of money.

I'm in North Attleboro, and know no one. So I'm looking to pick up a Sim and start learning on my own. My 7 yo daughter tried the Sim at a hobby shop and loved it...so I think that it's something that we might give a shot at together.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Saddlebum
The Old Guy Returneth...

Originally Posted by C-pher View Post
Hello All...I haven't started flying yet. But I'm looking to just get into it..so I'm trying to do a lot of reading and see what I can learn before I start spending TONS of money.

I'm in North Attleboro, and know no one. So I'm looking to pick up a Sim and start learning on my own. My 7 yo daughter tried the Sim at a hobby shop and loved it...so I think that it's something that we might give a shot at together.
Hi C-pher;

There is an AMA charted club near you in Wrentham. ( http://www.lazyloopers.com/Home.html )

I'd suggest a visit. If you like the guys and the Introductory Pilot program I think you will find they will guide you through the maze of buying new equipment.

...The Bum
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 PM
C-pher

Saddlebum, thanks for the reply. I'll go and check out the website now and see what I can find.

Thank you!
Old 09-10-2011, 05:26 AM
rafanho

im from waltham-ma
Old 09-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Gnascher
Got My TX - Need 2 Fly!

Originally Posted by rafanho View Post
im from waltham-ma
Hey there Rafanho. I live in Auburndale ... pleased to meet you.

I saw some guys flying in the field at Burr elementary a while back ... were you one of them?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:21 PM
rafanho

Default hey gnascher

Originally Posted by Gnascher View Post
Hey there Rafanho. I live in Auburndale ... pleased to meet you.

I saw some guys flying in the field at Burr elementary a while back ... were you one of them?
pleased to meet u...i didnt know about this place....but i ll be one of then now....i was looking at google maps...great place to fly...and about you?
do u fly there?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14811 seconds with 11 queries