Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Old 08-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
Sharp plane Bill, but we wouldn't expect less from you.

I agree with the visible interiors. I'ld love to install my own pilots!
Yeah, sunglasses windows just don't quite do it for me. On a plane like the Cessna, flat clear plastic windows would be easy to install, although the window pillars would probably need braced after cutting out the holes. I even molded my own canopy for my Cox190, and it looked 100% better.

Bill
Old 08-24-2007, 08:57 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Yeah. Trouble is, as I am sure you know, that costs extra. And they like to build cheap and fast.

I am afraid, that if we want windows, we have to either modify the planes ourselves, or build our own kits..
Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM
34Ford
KF4IVP

I bought one of these for $137 including a extra prop and lipo.
Flew it outside yesterday for the first time and I love it.

I just putter around half throttle.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:43 AM
tmackel

Just picked one up last night and flew today outside...................too cool. This is a must for every hangar!!! $129.00 at the LHS.

-Ted
Old 09-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Copterjim

I love mine too. Flies great. Good plane to teach kids to fly....low inertia = less damage. Just keep it out of the wind. My driveway is about 12 feet wide and I land on it crossways with no problems.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:39 PM
BuzzardBait
Landing Gear?????????

My buddy has one.. We have a grass field... can't take off from grass, didn't want to hand launch it...

Solution:

Extra 4X8 sheet of OSB from clubhouse.. He can take off AND land on it.. With a slight headwind it doesn't even roll off the board on landing!!!!

simply amazing!!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:46 PM
MrEWorm

Originally Posted by tmackel View Post
Just picked one up last night and flew today outside...................too cool. This is a must for every hangar!!! $129.00 at the LHS.

-Ted
What Hobby shop? My LHS wants $150 unles I can "prove" it costs less elsewhere. I would rather support the local but they can be a pain.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Balr14
WWI Jet Ace

Originally Posted by MrEWorm View Post
What Hobby shop? My LHS wants $150 unles I can "prove" it costs less elsewhere. I would rather support the local but they can be a pain.
Looky here:

http://myrcsupply.net/index.php?main...8aa656e43aed9a

With an extra battery and shipping it was $125. Replacement parts are readily available from most LHS. I've now got 5 planes (I just sold 2). Aero Ace and Cessna 210 are my favorites, by far.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Cut your LHS some slack...

It would be impossible for someone who is selling to a local market, and having to pay rent, taxes, and employees to match the internet prices.

If you want to get a better price, take the internet price in, let the store owner know you realize he's there for you, and you want to support him, then ask if he'll split the difference and knock ten bucks off.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Balr14
WWI Jet Ace

Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
Cut your LHS some slack...

It would be impossible for someone who is selling to a local market, and having to pay rent, taxes, and employees to match the internet prices.

If you want to get a better price, take the internet price in, let the store owner know you realize he's there for you, and you want to support him, then ask if he'll split the difference and knock ten bucks off.
I completely agree. Except for the Cesna 210, I have purchased all other planes, parts and equipment from LHS, even though it costs more. It's worth it to help a LHS stay in business.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:35 PM
dotyj

I've purchased two airplanes and one helicopter from the hobby store in Portland, OR 22 miles south of me, including the 210.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 AM
budokaiboy

Default buy from the internet

I tried supporting my local hobby shop. The Manager of this Hobby Town in Albany, NY is some born again Christian who had some beef with me when we were in high school (I don't even remember ever knowing him) so he'd ignore me and tell his employees to stop helping me. I tried a couple others but they don't carry much heli stuff just planes and cars, so I have to go to the internet to find what I need. It's way cheaper and there's no politics or religion involved.

When I go into my local hobby shops, they remind me of the local dirt bike shops. The people running them usually have an attitude that they're doing me a big favor by taking my money.

Also, it seems like every time I'm looking for something they tell me "No we don't have that but we can order it for you". Well heck, I can order it too. Only, after I order it, it comes right to my door tax free. No driving 2 towns away and hoping the person at the hobby shop is having a good day. Also, try returning something to the LHS vs. Tower Hobbies. I bought an Integy nut driver at my LHS the shaft had been bent and then repackaged. I tried bringing it back and the J/O at the Hobby Shop told me to pound salt.

Tower Hobbies or Ultimate Hobbies is great. No hassle return policy and their planes are literally 50 dollars cheaper than at my LHS. I can't wait till my local Hobby Town goes under. Serves them right for gouging their customer base. After paying for a 10-15% markup + sales tax + gas to get there I really don't see the positive side of "supporting my LHS".
Old 10-20-2007, 12:20 AM
DBOBILIN

Need some help. I bought a Parkzone Cessna 210 with a bad reciever, I installed a new one. Followed instructions on how to bind, but end up with a binking red lite on the rx board. Any suggestions?
Thanks;
Don
Old 10-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

When they say to push the stick down, they mean press it in like a button towards the back of the TX.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 AM
DBOBILIN

Thanks Mike;
I was pressing the stick towards the bottom position. Motor and rudder now work, only now the elevator servo does not respond. I can now see a problem with a reciver and servo all in one setup. Will call Parkzone and hopefully they can tell me what I am doing wrong. Apreciate the info on my binding problem
Thanks again;
Don
Old 12-09-2007, 05:38 AM
gfalconar

Default ParkZone Cessna 210 Feedback

I bought a ParkZone Cessna 210 from Great Hobbies in Edmonton about a month ago for CAD$150. Also bought spare battery for $9.

First flew it outdoors on a perfectly windless evening in the keyhole in front of my house. Second time in my life I have (successfully) flown a RC fixed wing (flew my SkyFly at the farm for a while until I accidentally 9/11'd it into the grain bin).

I was totally impressed with the tiny C210! First, it looks fantastic! Their marketing is correct that it makes a nice showpiece just sitting there. I charged the battery in the base in about 5 minutes (already had some charge), then went outside.

First time out of the box I was flying for about 12 - 14 minutes on the battery. Outstanding!

I crashed a couple times, hitting a truck antenna (what kind of idiot has to have a 6' antenna on his truck anyway?) and a tree. Aircraft held up extremely well - continued flying immediately. Always did my takeoffs from pavement - it lifts nicely in about 15 foot run.

For me, being inexperienced RC pilot, the challenge was controlling pitch. Every time I put in some turn, it would pitch UP very strongly. It was quite hard to get used to that. For landing, I powered down to about 10% and came in nice and straight. Thanks ParkZone - you made me look like a pro in front of my neighbours there! Flawless landings every time.

At the indoor fly (http://www.ercha.ca), I flew around a lot. Had a mid-air with another C210 who's prop shaft came loose. Mine was fine except the prop shaft bent about 5 deg right at the front exit of the gear.

I cut through the decals at the fuselage join line and the top just came right off nice and clean. I was able to bend the shaft back straight fairly easily with some small pliers. A couple pieces of clear tape later and I had a great looking, nice flying airplane again.

On a later flight, I hit a Canada flag about 12' off the ground and spun in to the concrete. The prop shaft broke about 1mm inside the prop. Apparently the shaft is machined to a threaded end about 3mm from the end. This presents a weak shear point which no doubt will be the bain of many C210 owners. Nearly impossible to remove the shaft end from the tiny prop, so need to replace.

Can not replace the shaft itself as it is only available as a motor and gearbox assembly. No stock at an of the dealers in town. Back ordered 3+ weeks. $18. The assemblies (motor/gearbox, receiver/servos, etc.) are held in place in the fuse via some fairly strong white flexible stuff that looks like silicone sealant. Given the fragility of the styrofoam it's attached to, I suspect pulling the assemblies out of this white stuff will cause damage to the fuselage. Also, not sure what to use to glue the new stuff back in place.

Maybe it's worth the $70 to get the whole new factory fuselage assembly which contains the motor/gearbox, receiver/servos, etc.

On this crash, the breaking off prop munched the top of the cowl in and down a bit. I pushed the stryo out and CA glued it. Should be OK, but my plane is no longer a 'perfect beauty'. I also noticed during this repair that the wing cracked at leading edge by the root. I CA glued it and put a wee piece of tape over - should be OK.

SUMMARY: A great little machine that you can fly indoors or outdoors. The DSM radio is great - especially since everyone at the RC clubs are buying these. I hope ParkZone cranks up the supply of parts and comes out with a separate prop shaft.

I also saw a very similar machine on the web which has tiny NAV lights in the wings. That would be a great thing to add to this.

For beginners and experienced RC pilots: Get this! You can't go wrong!

And will someone make one for the RealFlight G3.5 simulator please!

Geoff
Old 12-10-2007, 03:39 PM
M.T.

Geoff,

I totally agree with your comments about the Micro Cessna, I have the same plane (Branded as Kyosho Minium) over here in the UK.
Wonderful flyer, but the prop issue is a definate weak area.

It is possible to cut the motor assembly out with a scalpel, but I wonder how many times this could be done before the fusilage becomes scrap.

I am looking into making up a removable propshaft.

..... has anyone else found a way around the prop issue?
(Other than 'NOT CRASHING').
Old 12-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Hotch

You can get the bare fuselage for just a few bucks. The gearbox assembly is reasonable at $13.00 USD, but they're hard to come by right now. Personally I like the convenience of a screw on prop and have yet to break the shaft (bent a few of 'em though).
Old 12-10-2007, 11:43 PM
M.T.

The shafts seem to be fine for outdoor flying, but don't like hard floors... or walls!
Old 12-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Keithhs
Building toys since 1941

Default Cheap quick fix for broken prop shaft

Broken prop shaft fix with no new parts.

Remove the broken prop shaft from the prop by driving it on through the prop toward the front. I used a large Tee head pin with the point ground off flat. Cut the pin off till it was about 3/8 inch long. Lay the prop on a piece of soft wood face down. Hold the pin with a pair of needle nose pliers. Center the pin on the broken shaft and tap it on through with a hammer. Roughen the last 1/8 inch or so of the broken shaft by laying it on a piece of flat steel and hitting it with the edge of an old file. You do not have to remove the shaft or gear drive from the plane to do this.Make sure the shaft is in full contact with the flat steel.Glue the prop back on with CA glue. This is a cheap (free) fix and is not intended to be as good as a new prop and shaft.
USE COMMON SENSE SAFETY PRACTICES INCLUDING GOGGLES. THE FILE IS VERY HARD AND CAN CHIP WHEN IT STRIKES ANYTHING SENDING A MINUTE HARDENED STEEL PROJECTILE SAILING THROUGH THE AIR MAYBE TOWARD YOUR EYE.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Gohmer
Banned

Smile Fun Flyer

Great little airplane! Indoor flying is all that is available in MN this time of year. Well, comfortably anyway. First three flights were in the Saint Paul River Centre. Then three sessions at the local ice arena for a total of four hours time. Had one twenty two minute flight.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
DocElectric

Default Cessna 210 (Aero Ace Ace)

I have to replace the motor because the propeller broke off at an inopportune place. I got a new motor but the wire is so thin and the workspace is so small that I am having difficulty. Any suggestions?
Old 12-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Keithhs
Building toys since 1941

Originally Posted by DocElectric View Post
I have to replace the motor because the propeller broke off at an inopportune place. I got a new motor but the wire is so thin and the workspace is so small that I am having difficulty. Any suggestions?
It may be too late for this, but what I do is to cut the old wires to the motor off fairly close to the motor. Leave enough on the motor that you can attach wires if you ever want to use the motor again. I assume that the new motors come with wires attached that are as long as the originals. This will give you some extra wire to work with. strip the insulation of the ends of the wires back 1/4-5/16 inch. The stripped area will be long enough that you can handle it well enough to twist the wires together. Ideally they should be soldered and a piece of heat shrink tubing 3/64 size over the splice. The tubing has to be put on each wire before they are twisted together, After the twisted part is soldered together you can cut off the excess wire and slide the heat shrink over the joint. Although it would not be the best you could just twist the wires together and glue the bare wire to opposite sides of the plane. If this wont work for you we can go on to next plan of removing the receiver to get the motor attached. Let us know how it goes.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:37 AM
DocElectric

I have generally tried some of your inputs but the wire is extremely thin (maybe 30 ga. or so) and very difficult to get my fingers around, given the very small area in which to work. Also, the het shrink tubing may need to be less that 3/64. I'll have to look at what I have. I have tried to solder the wires to no avail. Maybe the solder is wrong or the wires are of a material that just does not solder easily. Also, removing the receiver in this particular VERY small model is problematic. Maybe the bottom line is that I should just bite the bullet and buy the completed fuselage. I really like this plane. It flies very well!
Old 12-19-2007, 02:34 AM
Mike_Taylor
Micro Flyer

Oh, come now. With a name like 'Doc Electric' you can't be stopped by a little soldering job

3/64" HS is the right size, just be sure to use a heat shield ovet the foam before you heat gun it. Cut the wires, strip, tin and solder, then insulate with the HS - or paint or nail polish or tape. If you have big fingers, pull the RX from the plane to work on it. Glue it back in with canopy glue, one of the 'No Sew' fabric glues, or with UHU-Creatif - just keep it away from the servo gears. The same glues can be used to remount the motor...

Quick Reply: Parkzone Micro Cessna 210

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14722 seconds with 11 queries