Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Hard to stay in touch

Old 12-16-2018, 11:59 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

Default Hard to stay in touch

As much as I try. It is hard to stay in touch with all the forums I belong to.

A short update. I have been staying busy with work. Lots of hours. I have leaped into 3D printing and CNC for rc. I am working on a new build. Doing lots of little builds along the way. (I need to learn how to say NO when asked to build for someone else) I still fly even if not as often as I like. Most is small micro stuff in the back yard or school field.

There are a lot of other things that my kids keep me busy with as well. But you guys get the picture.

All for now,
Andrew
Old 12-17-2018, 12:54 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Welcome back Andrew! Knew the kids and job were keeping you super busy.
Old 12-17-2018, 09:24 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

My workload has increased manyfold with all the sanctions and restrictions now in place removing so many markets.
New clients ... new areas ... means building new team structures with so little time ..

WF becomes even more important for me - to stay sane !!

Nigel
Old 12-17-2018, 04:07 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Hey Andrew, Good to hear from you again! You are doing it right focusing on your kids. They grow up all too fast. Trust me when I say that. Mason just commissioned into the Air Force as a Lieutenant this past weekend.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:31 PM
weathervane
Needs more LED's

So over the last 3 months I have been working 7 days a week. It has all been for tomorrow. December 25th. 4th quarter has been extremely busy this year. We have processed millions of dollars worth of freight on hundreds of trailers. This year I didn't put in as many hours as last year. But it was still very exhausting.
Now we are into the last week of the year. Over the next 7 days we need to empty out the building in preparation for inventory. That means all the trailers in the yard need to be unloaded processed and shipped to the stores. One last final push and we are done.
I'm just happy to have half a day today and off tomorrow.
Hopefully I will be able to complete some unfinished projects in the new year. I have so many that are 50% and further. I have found planes NIB that I ordered years ago and completely forgot I had them. (I almost tossed an IYF44 thinking it was an empty box. I got smart and labeled the boxes) I need to find a way to spend more time flying. I have planes that haven't been flown sense my last trip to SEFF. And that's a completely different can of worms.

My oldest is now 16 and driving. My daughter is 12 and heavily into gymnastics. (winning her first tournament). My youngest (your about to feel old) is now 9 and lord knows what he will get into next. They all keep me very busy.

All for now.
-Andrew