Video Parking lot Want to show off a video you found or one you are hosting online. Post a link to it here and strut your stuff!

P3P flight to see fishing - my half sunk boat !

Old 10-11-2018, 08:15 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Default P3P flight to see fishing - my half sunk boat !

I go away for about 10 days on business .... get back and decide to have a quick fly round with my P3P ..... and that's when I find my Soviet Motorboat half sunk. Turns out that the river level rose, then fell back and no-one at home thought to just push her back out to float ... water goes down more and stern then tilts below waterlevel ... bham she's flooded. Took a lot of work to get her up the bank enough to bail her out ....
Anyway now will have to put the engine into the workshop to check her out after being completely submerged.
P3P when flying the river to view the fishing ... had the Gimbal shake again ... no reason for it ... no wind enough to cause it ... no sharp turn ... strange.

Nigel
Old 10-12-2018, 05:46 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Update and also some other bits and bobs ...

Nigel
Old 10-13-2018, 12:13 AM
Jack_Hammer
Veteran USAF

Maybe you stay away from soviet stuff, except for their powerhouse rocket motors. NASA uses em enough.

Hope you can raise your boat and salvage the engine inexpensively.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:12 PM
zoltron55

if you have not tried to start it yet it is not hard to fix. drain the lower unit & refill with correct oil, pull the spark plugs and turn it over to empty the water in the intake & combustion chambers. drain the fuel bowls in the carbs then try to start. then take it to the shop if it does not start & tell them what you have tried. you will do no damage to the motor doing this before you get your checkbook out. if it is a 4 stroke do not turn it over before doing what I have said or damage will occur
Old 10-14-2018, 06:41 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by zoltron55 View Post
if you have not tried to start it yet it is not hard to fix. drain the lower unit & refill with correct oil, pull the spark plugs and turn it over to empty the water in the intake & combustion chambers. drain the fuel bowls in the carbs then try to start. then take it to the shop if it does not start & tell them what you have tried. you will do no damage to the motor doing this before you get your checkbook out. if it is a 4 stroke do not turn it over before doing what I have said or damage will occur
Appreciate the advice and concern - but I will leave all to the service guy.

Some years back - I had another engine flooded ... drained .. oiled .... did everything I've learnt in over 40years of boat ownership. Lasted one week ... to never run again.

Guy is good and is a private service ... not a dealer. His work and Prices are very good.

Nigel