Seaplanes E-Powered Discuss electric powered seaplanes here

What is this plane

Old 11-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

Default What is this plane

Anyone know what this plane is, and where to purchase it ? I saw it in this video on YouTube about 2:27 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUrs...are_video_user
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Capture.JPG (30.2 KB, 495 views)
Old 11-13-2015, 06:38 PM
formontoya

looks like this...
http://robotbirds.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=7766
Old 12-02-2015, 03:49 AM
Slopo2

That looks like a Magnum Reloaded. Only one vendor in the USA that I know of, and that is Western Michigan Park Flyers.

I just purchased a kit from them, but haven't started to assemble it yet. It has a good following over on RCGroups.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:58 AM
Slopo2

Actually, this plane is why I joined this forum, because I saw some photos of modifications using carbon fiber reinforcing in a thread. Now that this is my second post, I should be able to provide a link to the vendor.

Western Michigan Park Flyers: http://www.wmparkflyers.com/

These kits are imported by them from Germany, and are sometimes out of stock. If they are out, drop them an email and inquire when the will be getting more in, because it seems they have to place orders several times a year.

They also sell most, if not all, of the electronics and hardware for the kits too, even though they are not listed on their website. Just call them, or email them with your questions (see the website for contact info). Be sure to purchase the Foam-Tac glue when ordering everything else. It is neat stuff and is recommended to be used as the control surface hinges.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:01 AM
Slopo2

Here is a link to the thread within this forum regarding the carbon fiber mods":
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...ghlight=magnum

Hope you find this helpful.

EDIT: the link actually refers to an "Acro" Magnum Reloaded, but is helpful none the less. There are a few different Magnum Reloaded planes: the regular, the Acro, and the mini.
Old 12-04-2015, 04:35 PM
Wisc-BK

Default This about the Mini Acro Magnum Reloaded

My flying buddy and I are interesting in getting the Acro Magnum, and so I went to the West Michigan (WM) flyers web site and they of course are sold out. They also had a mini version on the site for a bit, and now that is totally off their website. So I contacted them via the website and asked if they were going to have any mini(s) sometime. Was informed that as far as they could tell, their supplier didn't make the mini anymore.

So I poked around and found this site in Germany that has the mini :

http://www.modellhobby.de/MINPROP-Mi...=32015&p=32015

They do except Paypal so I don't have to expose my personal credit stuff to the other side of the pond, which is nice, and it appears the shipping would be about 20 Euro ( 21 or so US bucks ).

My question is, has anyone ordered anything from these folks, if so what was your experience ?

Thanks in advance...

Bob
Old 12-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Slopo2

Originally Posted by Wisc-BK View Post
My flying buddy and I are interesting in getting the Acro Magnum, and so I went to the West Michigan (WM) flyers web site and they of course are sold out.
I just checked their website for the Acro. The blue/yellow is out of stock, but the red/yellow is available.

I've never purchased directly from Germany, but if you are considering it, check out the actual licensed producer of the Magnum, which is: www.miniprop.com

Good luck,
Dave
Old 12-06-2015, 08:14 PM
Wisc-BK

Originally Posted by Slopo2 View Post
I just checked their website for the Acro. The blue/yellow is out of stock, but the red/yellow is available.

I've never purchased directly from Germany, but if you are considering it, check out the actual licensed producer of the Magnum, which is: www.miniprop.com

Good luck,
Dave
Been to their website, everything is in German, and there is no English button to convert the page, not going to order if I can't read it all.
Plus they don't have a mini version, which is why the West Michigan place doesn't have then either.