E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

MCX is out, nice heli

Old 10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
David Eichstedt
Horizon Hobby

Originally Posted by carhop View Post
David
I pre ordered mine July 30. Any Idea when the pre orders from Horizon will be shipping out.
Carl

Sorry, I don't. I would guess they'll start shipping this week.

David
Horizon
Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 PM
kittman
geek.

Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not sure why the product support rep told you this, because the mCX and Vapor chargers are identical. /snip

Glad you like the mCX.

David Eichstedt
Director of Aircraft Development
Horizon Hobby
Thanks a million for the information, David.. I don't envy the support guys jobs.. Except that they probably get to play with all your products!

In my opinion, y'all hit one out of the park with the mCX! I can't wait to see what new micro gizmos you guys come up with...

Cheers
Old 10-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Gofer303

David excellent product your company has put out. I have had more learning experience flying the mCX than with any sim! I only hope that my LHS in Omaha has received spare batteries in by now. Please keep up the great products like this one and we will all wait patiently for the inevitable "MODS" to be posted!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:36 PM
RyuuChi

I have now got about 30-40 flights on my mcx, and i have to say, i'm impressed as hell. I even bought 3 additional batteries so that i could fly a lot! only thing is that i seem to be going through a lot of AA batteries, and i am wondering if there will be an AC charger available, or better yet, a method by which i can charge these batteries with my accucycle programmable charger?
Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by gaak View Post
I have now got about 30-40 flights on my mcx, and i have to say, i'm impressed as hell. I even bought 3 additional batteries so that i could fly a lot! only thing is that i seem to be going through a lot of AA batteries, and i am wondering if there will be an AC charger available, or better yet, a method by which i can charge these batteries with my accucycle programmable charger?
If your charger can charge 1s batteries at the low amperage level required by these batteries, then it shouldn't be a problem using a real charger with them. I'm waiting for my LHS to get female connectors in so I can build something to use on my Hyperion charger.

Until I can get this set up, I'm using Duracell rechargeables in the AA charger. They won't recharge the battery as many times as non-rechargeable Duracell batteries, but they'll end up being cheaper.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Aviator24

Default Energizer

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post
If your charger can charge 1s batteries at the low amperage level required by these batteries, then it shouldn't be a problem using a real charger with them. I'm waiting for my LHS to get female connectors in so I can build something to use on my Hyperion charger.

Until I can get this set up, I'm using Duracell rechargeables in the AA charger. They won't recharge the battery as many times as non-rechargeable Duracell batteries, but they'll end up being cheaper.
I too use rechargeables. I found some awesome Energizer's at Sams. Got the charger, 4 "AA" batteries, 4 "AAA" batteries for $20. They have super power. The AA's are rated at 2450 mAh.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
bassplayinDude

Originally Posted by Aviator24 View Post
I too use rechargeables. I found some awesome Energizer's at Sams. Got the charger, 4 "AA" batteries, 4 "AAA" batteries for $20. They have super power. The AA's are rated at 2450 mAh.
I got a similar deal at BJ's, except they were Duracell batteries and came with 6 AA and 2 AAA batteries.
Old 10-11-2008, 10:57 PM
tubamike78

well, i picked up an mcx last night, what a nice helicopter. i was just flying it and i was feeding in full forward mixed in with a bit of left to fly some circles, which i noticed it gets moving pretty fast doing that, in fact it was moving so fast that when it started heading towards the wall, i was not able to react in time. SMACK up against the wall and it sent half the flybar sailing to who knows where, i have not been able to find it yet.... well, off to my lhs to get a replacement flybar....
Old 10-11-2008, 11:58 PM
RyuuChi

Originally Posted by bassplayinDude View Post

my charger will charge as low as .1 amps, is that the correct charge rate for these cells? and if so, does that make it simply a matter of getting the correct charging lead?
Old 10-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by gaak View Post
my charger will charge as low as .1 amps, is that the correct charge rate for these cells? and if so, does that make it simply a matter of getting the correct charging lead?
the factory charger charges at .3A, people on helifreak have been charging with aftermarket chargers at .3A without problem. i'm not sure what leads they're using though.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:04 AM
RyuuChi

awesome, thanks! i was planning on just wiring up a female lead to a male deans connector that i would just plug into my existing charge leads.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:27 PM
michael7810

Great idea on charging with an AC charger. My charger will charge at .3A. Does anyone know where I can get a connector that will connect to the battery?
Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
RyuuChi

i'm guessing that we'll be able to pirate something from one of the (parkzone?) pieces that use the same connectors.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by michael7810 View Post
Great idea on charging with an AC charger. My charger will charge at .3A. Does anyone know where I can get a connector that will connect to the battery?
i heard this one works

http://www.rchover.com/inc/sdetail/127641
Old 10-15-2008, 05:50 AM
michael7810

Since the warranty on this thing is only good "at the time of purchase" I felt there was no downside to messing with the eFlight charger. I opened it up and added a jst connector to the battery connector wires and routed the other end outside the case. Now I can use my Vision Peak charger with the battery plugged into the eFlight charger. It works great. I find I get a better charge at .1A; when I set the charger at .3A my charger cuts off too early.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:45 PM
Aviator24

Anyone else experiencing "difficulty" with the battery plugs? I have one spare lipo. On Friday, I was having a difficut time getting the lipo to plug into my MCX and STAY plugged in? Almost thought I was not going to get the lipo to stay plugged in? Now the lipo's do not seem to plug in very secure. They come unplugged after flying way too easily. Something does not seem right?
Anyone else notice this?
Old 10-28-2008, 01:51 PM
bassplayinDude

I had this happen to me once. One of the mCX's battery connector prongs had bent on me. Bent it back using a jeweler's screwdriver and it's been problem-free ever since.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Just got mine today. What a blast. so stable.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 PM
singingperry

Default MCX 130 Mah batteries

Kr's hobbies have 130mah batteries for the MCX for about nine and a half bucks.