Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight >
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Hobby Express discussion Hobby Express Support, information and discussion.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #1
Twmaster

Friends: (13)
Default Poor response time from email to sales/support

Late last Friday evening I sent a question to H-L sales support via the link at the bottom of the front page.

I finally got a reply today. Of course now the item I asked about is no longer on sale and I most certainly am not buying at regular price.

This is the second time it's taken what seems to me inexcusably long delay in answering customer queries.

Never used to be so miserably slow.

Needless to say I am less than pleased.

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Flyboone
twitter.com/flyboone

Friends: (1)

Hi Mike,
I'm sorry it took so long to to reply to your email. Our new case system is still pretty new to us, however, there is no reason why it should take that long to respond. Our Customer Support Manager is aware of your situation and will be taking steps to prevent delays like this in the future. To help with that, would you be willing to PM me with your case information and who you were in contact with? Also give me a call sometime at 615-732-7217 and I'll fix you up with the product you wanted at the sale price. We'll do our best to make it right for you.

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Hobby-Lobby
Old 01-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #3
Twmaster

Jason,

Thank you for taking the time to address this. Unfortunately I would be unable to supply the case number as I've already deleted the email response from my computer. My original emailed request was sent at 11:26PM EST on 1/23/09. Reply was received sometime on the 28th. I can supply you with the email address I used if that would help trace the case number down.

The customer service rep that did reply was very helpful and did answer my question.

As I mentioned this is not the first time this has happened to me in recent memory. The last time I was not under any time pressure so the delay was more of an annoyance to me than a problem.

I'll be in touch as soon as I can remember to call from work. I am on the road all day as I own a small automobile transporter company.

Mike N

Old 02-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Twmaster

Follow up. I again want to thank Jason at H-L. I spoke with him by phone on Friday. Seems they are having some teething issues with a new CS response system. Hopefully they'll get this ironed out quickly.

As usual H-L is the king of customer service and am happy to report they did more than they had to for me.

Thanks again Jason and Hobby-Lobby.

Mike N

Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 AM   #5
Yellowspider

Friends: (0)

Ya just cant beat Jason and HLI. They are the best and always my first call when needing something.
Yellowspider
Old 11-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
mattsh

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
Follow up. I again want to thank Jason at H-L. I spoke with him by phone on Friday. Seems they are having some teething issues with a new CS response system. Hopefully they'll get this ironed out quickly.

As usual H-L is the king of customer service and am happy to report they did more than they had to for me.

Thanks again Jason and Hobby-Lobby.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one having these issues. I purchased a Twister Coastguard helicopter and have had nothing but issues with the batteries. HL replaced 1, and then apparently got stumped and basically stopped talking to me about the issue. Now it's been 11 months since I purchased it and they are saying it has been too long... while I understand that... it's not really my fault, I've been trying to contact HL on and off for 11 months via e-mail and phone....every time they drop off the face of the earth, and I am left with a non-working HL. I used to buy most everything from HL, but at this point I am not satisfied with them or their support. I don't know what happened, but it seemed like things went down hill around the time that the website changed. Just my 1.2cents (adjusted for inflation).
Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #7
Flyboone
twitter.com/flyboone

Friends: (1)

Hey Matt,
Sorry for your experience. We've had some challenging technology issues this year. Email me your case number or information and I'll take a look and see what we can figure out. jason.cole@hobby-lobby.com

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #8
mattsh

Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Hey Matt,
Sorry for your experience. We've had some challenging technology issues this year. Email me your case number or information and I'll take a look and see what we can figure out. jason.cole@hobby-lobby.com

Thanks,
Jason Cole
Just wanted to post a follow-up to this. Jason was extremely helpful in getting my issue resolved. Technology issues + people following protocol often can give the impression of problems at a company.

I am hoping this is an indication that Hobby Lobby is still going to be treating their customers well.

I'm also hoping my battery issue is fixed with this swap.. thanks again Jason!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight >