Eagle Tree Systems, LLC discussion Discuss support issues and product questions with Eagle Tree Systems

PowerPanel and MicroPower from Eagle Tree Systems

Old 12-07-2006, 03:52 PM
billpa

Default PowerPanel and MicroPower from Eagle Tree Systems

Do you know how much power is left in your battery pack after a flight? Do you know how your expensive electric power system performs under actual operating conditions? If not, the USB MicroPower E-Logger + PowerPanel are the products you've been asking for, and we’re pleased to provide them.

The MicroPower eLogger has a good subset of the features of its cousin, the Eagle Tree Data Recorder, at a price that makes it more accessible to those who don’t need the advanced features or expandability of our Data Recorder systems. And now, with the addition of the PowerPanel slimline LCD Display, you can see instantaneous live and max data without needing a laptop at the field!

NEW: PowerPanel LCD Display - a Gas Gauge for your Pack!
Now you can connect our new PowerPanel super lightweight LCD Display module to your MicroPower!

This ultra thin LCD display connects to the MicroPower with the included 11" data cable, and lets you get your max and live data displayed without a PC, just like the heavier, non-logging watt meters on the market.

The display is fully programmable to show you your live and max Voltage, Amperage, Temperatures, RPM, mAH used, and more! Since you can know your mAH after your session, you know approximately how much juice is left in your pack!

Just connect it to your MicroPower after your session for readback of live and max data. Or, since the PowerPanel is so light, it can easily be attached to the side of your model for live/max display all the time!

Click here for more information and detailed online reviews, on our website's MicroPower page.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:15 PM
Mike Parsons
Penguins still can't fly

This thing is the cats meow. I use it on several planes and it goes to the field with me every trip. The first few times I use it on a new plane is to gather stats. The rest of the time I use it as a fuel guage and I have a hard time living without it as I have become dependant on it.

**disclaimer**
I wrote the review for RCU on this product.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:48 PM
leapfrog
"I fly daily..."

Well, I didn't write the review... but I put one on my T-Rex 600 - with the optional optical RPM sensor for rotor speed, and motor temp sensor...

I have to agree with Mr. Mike. Rather nifty it is... I set baselines with indoor flights, and now not only take my models to the field... but also my laptop.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 AM
dmburges
dmburges

Just received my MicropowerV2 but waiting for the LCD panel readout. Have made a number of addapters to connect in a few planes I have. Of course not one of them has the same power plugs..
Old 02-08-2007, 01:38 PM
DrElectron

Default Micropower E-Logger Duration ?

Hi Gang,

I am wondering what the time duration of the recording might be ? I realize that it is dependent on how many parameters one is monitoring, as well as how many samples are being taken per unit of time...

What I am looking for are the real world times folks are getting using a temp and rpm sensor in addition to the standard volts/amps measurements... Many of my planes can remain aloft 30 to 45 minutes, can I get a complete set of flight data for such a duration at maximum resolution ?

Any thoughts about memory expansion either external or on board ?

Keep-em-Flying,

Dr. Electron...
Old 05-28-2007, 04:08 AM
billpa

Hi DrElectron,

Sorry for delayed reply. Our loggers do real-time, lossless data compression, so the actual record time will vary. At full resolution/sample rate, the parameters you list should be logged for at least 20 minutes I would think.

Good news - we now offer a 5x mem upgrade for the logger, which provides up to 100's of hours of logging.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Old 10-06-2009, 10:50 PM
ZL3VML

Hi Guys,
I am about to put in my order for both the air speed indicator and altitude indicator and am wondering if the powerpanel LCD display just hooks up to them both to display the data, and does it log any data or do I need the "MicroPower E-Logger" for that as well?

The Eagletree site is down at the moment so I can't get any good info about the LCD display use.

As I am on a pretty tight budget I don't want to blow out on bits that I don't require right now - only want to get speed & altitude readings really although the e-logger functions look usefull for workbench testing.

Thanks - Mark
Old 10-12-2009, 08:13 PM
billpa

Hi,

Sorry for delayed reply. For some reason I did not get an email indicating you posted here. I think we answered your question on another forum? If not, just let me know!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Old 10-12-2009, 09:03 PM
ZL3VML

Thanks Bill - yes you did.

I have ordered the two units so long will get the logger and LCD unit once I get the model completed that I intend to use them in.

Mark