Eagle Tree Systems, LLC discussion Discuss support issues and product questions with Eagle Tree Systems

Brushless RPM Sensor/Tach from Eagle Tree Systems, LLC

Old 12-07-2006, 03:53 PM
billpa

Default Brushless RPM Sensor/Tach from Eagle Tree Systems, LLC

Brushless Motor RPM Sensor from Eagle Tree Systems, LLC

Eagle Tree Systems is pleased to announce our innovative new Brushless Electric Motor RPM Sensor/Tachometer. Our Brushless RPM sensor makes it extremely easy to measure motor RPM with any of our Eagle Tree data systems.

To measure RPM on your brushless electric Plane or Heli, just tap one wire from our tiny new sensor into one motor lead, enter motor parameters in our software, and you are ready to go!

The Brushless RPM Sensor is compatible with our MicroPower, PowerPanel, Seagull and Data Recorder products, and will be shipping to our dealers and customers on approximately December 14, 2006 (just in time for Christmas)! Preorder yours today!

See your Dealer, visit our site at http://www.eagletreesystems.com or email sales@eagletreesystems.com for more information.

Note: Using the Brushless RPM Sensor with our Seagull and Data Recorder products requires firmware level 4.XX or higher, which has been shipping since approximately August, 2005. Click here for Upgrade Info (PDF).
Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 AM
kkens4

Hi Bill,
What's the best way to tap into the motor wire?
Permanent or removeable?
For me, an F5B style hotliner/ F5J sailplane flyer, removeable would be ideal, as I could move it from one ship to another, or remove it completely for competitions.
Thanks,
Ken Sharp
Old 05-28-2007, 04:06 AM
billpa

Hi kkens4,

Sorry for delay - I was not getting notified of posts here for some reason :-S.

The way I do it is to just strip a short piece of insulation off of the sensor wire, and press the bullet (or other) connectors together so that they crimp the sensor wire in place. Can't get much easier than that, and it doesn't introduce any additional in-line connectors!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree