Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Hobbyking website

Old 12-28-2016, 08:19 PM
DHC Beaver

Default Hobbyking website

Am I the only one that finds Hobbyking's new(ish) website confusing?
I ordered an AXN powered glider from the AU warehouse,and the freight was going to be around $24US.I though I might get a spare canopy,so added that to my order .It wasn't until I had paid for my order I noticed the freight had jumped to $36 odd.Apparently,the canopy was OS in AU,so it,s getting shipped from the global warehouse.So am i paying $12 freight for a $2 canopy?
I'll be a lot more careful when(or if) i order from HK again.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:28 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Yes - the date of not mixing orders seems to be gone. I nearly got caught out other day.

But my main complaint is every time I enter the site I have to reset location, language, currency - even though I save every time.
I travel a lot and I hate sites that pick up my location and change all to it ... it should stay as I register.

Reckon some college-boy wrote the new site .....

Nigel
Old 12-28-2016, 11:17 PM
carpetbagger

Default HK is a no fly zone

As mentioned website is a pile of trash and ordering is sketchy. Oh yeah, and the demand to use paypal and the various fees pile up and make the purchase not so cheap.
Screw HK
Old 12-28-2016, 11:26 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I'm fine with using Paypal .... but shipping charges can at times get a bit high.

But - I have deleted a buy from HK and changed to another seller where shipping is cheaper ... only to have item take longer to arrive, in fact had customs send item back to seller odd times due to documents !

Nigel
Old 12-29-2016, 03:38 AM
dahawk
Super Contributor

At least they recovered and got their website working well again. Must have hurt them.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:38 PM
TopSpin

The Hobby King website is in a state of disarray and there does not seem to be any sense of urgency on their part to fix it right now. As many of you know Hobby King was issued a Citation by the FCC for selling radio products in the United States that were not FCC certificated. I don't know if any fines have been levied but they could be substantial.

In his response to the FCC Letter Of Inquiry, Anthony hand stated that Hobby King LLC is a small company and my be ceasing operations entirely. I don't know if that is true or not but they certainly don't seem to be in a hurry to fix anything and it almost looks like they are liquidating some of their stock.
Old 02-19-2017, 08:47 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

I'm still not over happy with the site. But I think its one of those - we always hate change after getting used to a site.

Once we get used to it - we will hate the next one !

Nigel
Old 02-19-2017, 05:35 PM
TopSpin

Yah except that the site doesn't work correctly (read that as very messed up), shipping from the US warehouse now takes weeks instead of days, shipping costs are outrageous compared to other RC vendors, and they are still not providing customer service.

This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sshM1yBHfWw&t=58s
was posted to the Hobby King web page on RC Groups and one of the moderators actually removed it, they don't want proof of their horrible customer service on their page where other people can see just how bad it is.

PS, the moderator, an HK employee named Ian, promised to make it right but there has been no action on this yet since Arctic RC promised to reply as soon as it is resolved, and he will do it, he is an honest guy.

Buy from them if you want to but I think they will be under water in another six months at this rate.