Spadfest 2010 in Slater, MO. June 11-13 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Events, Shows and Fun Fly's - Electric Airplanes Discuss details of events, shows and fun fly's in here. Be sure to also list events in our events calendar!

Spadfest 2010 in Slater, MO. June 11-13

Old 04-05-2010, 06:38 AM
omaha_rc_flyer

Default Spadfest 2010 in Slater, MO. June 11-13

The following is a cut n paste from the SPADworld.net announcement page for SPADfest. Looks like it's going to be a banner year with over 30 pilots lined up to head to central Missouri. The host club Slater Field of Dreams R/C is really pulling out the stops with food at the field, events and accommodations. There will be a mass fly of DPS planes, combat, DPS Olympic event to be flown with three contestants (already picked but the visual should be fun), Bomb drops, Floyd and friends will return and folks from England, Australia and the Island nation of California all making it. If you haven't been to a SPADfest yet, this might be the one to get too.

I'll post the announcement post right after these two links, one for the announcement thread, the other for food, the rest are there on SPADworld and anything that needs to be copied over here we can do as well, I just don't like doing that too much because it borders on SPAM instead of event announcement. So here goes.
SPADfest10
Spadfest Food

Just giving some of the new people that will be attending Spadfest an idea of what they will need to compete in the events.

Spadfest 2010 has a location and a date. It will be held in Slater MO June 11-13. I have been working on the daily schedule and will post as soon as it is finished.
Rough draft of Spadfest planner.

Here is google map of the sight A. The light green at the end of Commerce dr. is the rc field, but all the runway could be used.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=11
B is Wal-Mart in Marshall
C and D are hotels in Marshall

What goes on at a Spadfest?
Spadfest is a bunch of good ol boys coming together flying corrogated plastic airplanes, but more importantly, a group of guys having fun.

It will be a fun fly with events throughout. Class B combat, a Spad speed contest, a bobber drop contest, SSC combat, and a lot more things to do.

Hotels and Camping.

Comfort Inn Marshall
http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-mars...g.Ih7FhgVqN.10

Most of the group like to camp at the flying sight. That is not a problem. Camping at the sight will be available with port-a-pottys, some water and some electric. Shower will be available at the Slater swimming pool after 7:00pm for $5.00 maybe less.

Food
Will be provided by the club for 5.00 dollars a plate. Breakfast lunch and Dinner for Friday and Saturday. A continental breakfast will be available Sunday morning. I would ask that you buy your meals from the club because without them this would have not been possible. Please let the Slater RC group know that we appreciate there help with this event.

Radio impound
Friday all (Spread Spectrum included) pilots will need to bring their radios in and check them into the Impound before flying. Also at the Impound they will need your AMA card and a 20 dollar landing fee, 10 for Friday 10 for Saturday. Sunday is free. If cannot arrive tell Saturday it will only cost 10 dollars for that day, but a big part of what you want to see usually happens Friday and slows down from there.

As mentioned earlier, we will have attendees from 15 states, as far west as California and two countries (UK & Australia)

Timrpilot

Attention Spadsters Worldwide:

I represent the host AMA club, Slater Field of Dreams R/C, for this year's Spadfest in beautiful Slater, Mo. We are thrilled that flyboy-sc managed to talk us into hosting this event and, after reading all the posts from you guys, we're really looking forward seeing one and all in June. You might say we're "Glad-to-the-bone". Jeez, did I really just say that? Anyway, we've arranged for the Wx to be 5,000 sct. 12,000 bkn, (to cut down on the glare), wind 190@5kts. altimeter 30.09 vis.- 10sm. Temps during the day in the mid 80's, nite mid 60's.
Seriously, we are looking forward to meeting any and all of you (even if a coupla' ya'll talk kinda funny; i.e. ddracer and this Dud dude) and hope to a; show you some real Midwest hospitality, b; give you a real good place to have a Spadfest, and c; make enough to pay the tab at the local YBP (yeast brew provider). We do, after all, have our club standards and priorities!
I see that some of you will be camping and this is no problem whatsoever. Those of you have looked at the overhead will note a "dragstrip" about 100 yds south of the pit area. This is actually a tractor pulling track and there are about 6 light poles with 110v outlets. Want electricity? First come-first served. Showers are within walking distance. I also have access to 10 large (like 12X14 or so) Coleman tents which will be free for the using during the event. Sorry, you'll have to leave them after the event so we can use them again next year.
Across town (probably 1/2 mile -wow!) there are 12 full hookup camper spaces with all of the amenities except showers and potties. Again, it's gonna be first come-first served. They might be free, but if not, they'll be really, really CHEAP!
And finally, if you wish to cook Thurs. evening meal, we'll be happy to light up the big grill or we can round up some Weber kettle and fire those babies up for individual cooking tastes. Let me know ahead what you prefer or want.
Bottom line, as long as there are flights to be flown, Bull to shot, or thirsts to be quenched, we Slater Field of Dreams folks are rarin' to go with Spadfest 2010.
Now all we need is a spad driver from Transylvania "Vlad-to-the bone"
If you have questions or need add'l info contact me and I'll see what I can do. timrpilot@yahoo.com

Regards, timrpilot

Quote:
If you would like to ship your stuff ahead of time:

TIM REEDER
1109 S REDWING DRIVE
MARSHALL, MISSOURI 65340
Hope to see a bunch of you there.

P.S. This event is mostly made up of Gas and Glow planes, but several pilots will also have E-foamies, and E-Spads. Admin gave approval to post here in order to help spread the word around the R/C community.

See attached photos from previous years.

Thanks for your time,
Omaha
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SF 2007.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	124797   Click image for larger version

Name:	sf8-71.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	124798   Click image for larger version

Name:	Group Photo.jpg