Any Flying in West Palm Beach Area ? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Any Flying in West Palm Beach Area ?

Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 PM
pd1
Still Learning

Default Any Flying in West Palm Beach Area ?

Looks like I have to go to West Palm end of next week.
Any hobby shops or flying around there?

Paul

Last edited by pd1; 12-10-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 AM
alienx
Super Contributor

Ah, West Palm, not a bad place to have to go!

Hey Paul, don't know anything about West Palm, but if you get near Ocala, I know a little. There is a LHS (nicely stocked) over in Wildwood to the South, by my parent's house. And my dad flys in the area, so I'm sure he could help you out.

Andy
Old 12-03-2007, 03:15 PM
pd1
Still Learning

Thanks Andy, I've been making trips to West Palm and I haven't bothered to stay.
No place to go.
Looks like there isn't a lot of activity there.

Paul
Old 12-30-2007, 03:12 AM
diverdon

Hey Paul ,

I am here in Palm Beach County and today I am sure glad you came to our area .

Paul was coming to West Palm Beach to Teach a friend/student how to fly the turboprop plane he had just bought .. (The student bought the plane , Not Paul) Anyhow he looked me up on Watt Flier PM'ed me asking if I'd like to "Fly" with him while he was here ...

So , when I explained how new I was and the trouble I was having with flying he .(without skipping a beat) told me "No Problem" we can fix that ..

Well Paul got together with me today after I got off work and explained some things about planes I had never heard . We then went to the park and with a Beginner Plane (Harbor Freight , Wild Hawk) Of mine Paul got it up in the air 10-15 mph winds and after some more "Teaching" handed me over the controls....

The best way I can explain it is I felt like a teenager again and having so much fun and excitement . I wanted to scream , and my knees were knocking with fear ... Whenever I got in real trouble Paul took over and got it stable again ... he talked to me all while I was flying ... What to do and encourgement ... Not his first time doin this ... :p...

We flew the 1800 mah battery down then Paul landed it at our feet ... My second battery was not charged as I thought it was so that was the end for today and he flies home tomorrow .. Paul gave me a good de-breifing-- I need to seek out someone else to help me for a while .. And told me if he's here again we can try it again and maybe he can bring one/some of his nice planes down ..

All I can say is this day was the highlight of my RC Hobby Life so far .. I am completely stoked at how good of an instructor he was for me ... I am really lucky .. I can see now that if I ever get good enough I need to help others as Paul did for me ... he is truely a Good Person , THANKS .. There is no way I can thank you enough.. I just hope all the best for this guy , OK too long again ,,, What A Day , Don Johnson
Old 12-30-2007, 03:28 AM
alienx
Super Contributor

Hey, that's a great success story! Glad you guys had a fun time flying!