FAA Releases Drone Registration Location Data - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

FAA Releases Drone Registration Location Data

Old 05-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Turner
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
...they also have lost their ability to keep moral values that protect the general public [the whole] for the rights of a few. example: new Trans-gender rules set up on schools to follow or face loosing federal aid. i had no say on this subject and am furious by the new regulations imposed on our children.

so today by government informed rule...If I feel like a woman[which I am NOT!!] ,I can pee next to your daughter who may under 10years,12years,16years old. thats just plain wrong!! I miss the days when folks had basic morals and didn't yield to a group because they were afraid to offend group.d...
Conservative homophobia has lost at every turn to discriminate. This is really just a scam, always has been, to get otherwise disinterested people to the poles. So now they go after the only group left, transgender. You say you don't want men peeing next to your daughter. Do you really not understand that what you are insisting on is for bearded people who look like men to have no other place to pee but in the ladies room?

This is a non issue, never has been. It's just a last gasp of the hate filled conservatives to go after people who are different again to get disinterested to vote.

This place is supposed to be politics free. Why is it you of the conservative bent just cannot keep politics out of this forum?
Old 05-21-2016, 07:41 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Old 05-22-2016, 01:24 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

quote:[turner]This is really just a scam, always has been, to get otherwise disinterested people to the poles. So now they go after the only group left, transgender. You say you don't want men peeing next to your daughter.

Quote[turner]: Do you really not understand that what you are insisting on is for bearded people who look like men to have no other place to pee but in the ladies room?

WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!
this is my first post where i direct my responce to someone quoting my previous post ,directed at Turner.

What are you talking about T, I never would insist on that..your not making any sense of my previous post
What does your "bearded men" have to do with morals or government controlling our schools in an inappropriate way for which "we the people" have no no say at all. thats my main point,not politics. I'm no saint by any means, nor a preacher. but the subject of goverment and school rules,children rights over parental control, or how about a little girl to young to know being pregnant at 13 is wrong,but can get an abortion[surgery in my world]without her parents knowledge or consent. once again goverment out of control....or should I say in over control. Seems goverment has given our children more and more rights to do as they please. have you talked to your kids how sex ed is being protrayed these day ? Abstenace isn't the answer anymore,it's protection by giving out condums for free and experimenting all sexaul relations with the open mind. government approved method of childrens rights without parental consent.

turner,I truly understand we shouldn't talk politics here at watt flyer,but certainly we are able to disscuss topics that overlap ,like FAA/goverment controling our hobby. Sometimes to make a point we include analogies like government and guns,or government and laws lacking moral judgement. Let it go or ask the moderators to lock down every thread that cause discomfort.

Thats what the world wants...people to turn a blind eye,and deaf ear ,to stay speechless so not to offend anyone.

It used to be we said with pride"One nation under God",but we are afraid to offend people.......as for me,I am affraid of offending God! I won't live in fear of that,instead I'll praise Him,His Son for all eternity!!![guess I'm just a Jesus freak...lol]

There,I will remain out of the FAA thread. enough said.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:34 AM
P51 fan
Amazon Airspace Tester

There,I will remain out of the FAA thread. enough said
Frankly I like what you have to say, because I agree...stick around.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:43 AM
birdDog
Charging....

Old 05-22-2016, 01:46 AM
Turner
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
...What are you talking about T, I never would insist on that..your not making any sense of my previous post
What does your "bearded men" have to do with...
See, you really don't get it. I did not say bearded men. I said bearded people who look like men. They were actually born as women but now according to these insane laws that you apparently approve of these transgender now men will have to share the ladies room with your wife and daughter. And you apparently feel just great about that? No, you really didn't think it through.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:32 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

That's what it is like trying to reach an audience who cares not to stay on topic, twist the written word to fit their agenda and reach a conclusion that reflects possible serious attention/retention disorders.......
Old 05-22-2016, 03:12 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

Very interesting T!!

Now I see[I think]what your saying. Heres the responce I gave to my 2 female coworkers who feel trangrender rules are good cause if they really need to pee while out drinking and there is a long line in the ladies room,they'll annouce they gotta go right away and enter the men's room. in the real world this is a dangerous practice and could have seriouse consequences later in the night as all get drunk. my coworkers say the new rules are fine cause creeps are already out there doing creepy things and the new rules won't stop them. I believe thats where morals and boundaries should remain status quo since no one will police the creeps that will now have a free ticket to join the girls.

Heres where i stand for the mens room. If a woman [a person]has a male identity,dresses as a man and use's the mens room ,I would never know and as far as i'm concerned... I couldn't care less. if a really hot chick walks into the mens room to use the facilities while men are there and acting like the crew i did construction with for 21 years in NYC....thats hers choice and risk to take. if either type of woman makes a move on me while i'm standing peeing, they will get a sermon when i'm finished..., and if the guy/girl touches me in the bathroom it will be a possible situation i would knock out quickly.

My argument isn't for the male who has completely given himself over to the female identity uses the ladies room while a child is there and is harmless in all his feminism ways toward a young girl. what I know is there are going to be freaks who dress as a woman to get their perverted kicks being around young girls in the bathroom and now it's OK. thats my point. also the identity issue won't rely on the transgender being dresses as a woman. He can walk in dressed as a guy and say he feels better there,safer there ...."today I feel like a woman,lets all group hug" sheeeesh,who's going to police these new rules? if you tell a guy to get out it's prejudice. Now he has every right now to be there. Thats just wrong in every way!!!

I'm to old for this conversation. to me ,born a man...be a man,born a woman...be a woman. When we breath our last and face the Lord,all will be reveal why these things were as they are.

Remember the 60's, free love,flower child/hippies. I was there and fell for it all. Man how I'v changed and my morals are from the scriptures of the word of God. A believer in every way. This is how my wife and I raised our 3 children who are all grown[youngest 25]and have their lives in the right order. I thank God I made it through the hard times with His help.

Sorry if I'v offended anyone....that's probably like saying to my wife"sorry if I made you mad"when I know full well she really mad.[I don't say that anymorel] sometimes our words have the wrong effect.

have a great night gang.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:50 AM
Bald Paul

So, my question is:

If a transgender person carrying an automatic rifle enters the wrong bathroom in a zip code that doesn't coincide with the town they are in.....

..... does the FAA care?
Old 05-24-2016, 04:48 AM
P51 fan
Amazon Airspace Tester

I hate to interrupt the incredibly interesting bathroom discussion, but I thought this wasn't surprising...Brendan Schulman points out how the registration density map and population density map are quite a match lol. Amazing...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
airmapusdroneusers.jpg (33.9 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg
Cixh70iWUAQixM1.jpg (70.2 KB, 152 views)
Old 05-24-2016, 05:30 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Brendan Schulman....DJI's legal hero.

Here's a link I've followed with some of his spin.....:

http://dronelife.com/tag/brendan-schulman/

Most of what he gets involved with is related to commercial use and marketing.
The maps posted look mysteriously like those DJI used at a UAV convention I and few bud's attended last year in Orange County.......mostly a promotional and marketing gig put on by several of the larger UAV companies representing China, Japan and a few U.S. based manufactures.

Makes complete sense that those areas of the maps with the highest population density would also be those areas where the marketing segments would also identify the highest amount of purchases and users.......I would not hang my hat on it's accuracy as far as "registered" purchases go........Though, I'm sure DJI has done it's marketing homework........!
Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 AM
Porcia83

Originally Posted by P51 fan View Post
I hate to interrupt the incredibly interesting bathroom discussion, but I thought this wasn't surprising...Brendan Schulman points out how the registration density map and population density map are quite a match lol. Amazing...
When the list first came out I sorted it to show highest number of registrations per zip code, Texas ended up with the most registrations I believe (which I thought odd given the map presented here).
Old 05-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Porcia83

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post
Bravo tobydogs. Well put.

"I did think I had heard it all in terms of the FAA's motivation for the registration, but "...deter/discourage/slow down and complicate the purchasing process...." is certainly a new one. "

Mine and many other people first inclination on this entire process is that it is designed to create a chilling effect on the purchase and use of these aircraft.
It seems anytime the govt is involved, the conspiracies will follow. Always predicting what may happen sometime in the near or distant future, and always with dire consequences. The motivations are always questioned, despite a reasonable explanation already provided. Meanwhile, the only thing limiting the purchase of MR is the size of someone's wallet. From every major electronics store, to the internet, to your local grocery store, it doesn't take long to find one for sale. I'm not seeing any chilling effect on usage either...not yet at least.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Porcia83

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Please....quote me in context with the points of my discussion......:

"Our goal is to hold the "vendor" more responsible for the products they sell.....:
The ID aspect is meant as a tracking device, to also deter/discourage/slow down and complicate the purchasing process....particularly on the vendors end........just like an FFL would require for a firearms purchase here in California".........

Our goal, the group I'm campaigning with, to require venders to.............. never said, eluded to, or implied it was the FAA's motivation or requirement....!......Geez, some of the the rocks here are more dense than imagined........

That's what it is like trying to reach an audience who cares not to stay on topic, twist the written word to fit their agenda and reach a conclusion that reflects possible serious attention/retention disorders.......

As for your group's efforts, best of luck with that, talk about beating one's head against a wall. Does this groups motivation come from one or all of them running into legal trouble, or from a genuine concern about safety?

Ironic to see a group advocate for yet more bureaucracy and tracking information to be foisted on business entities, all the while some of their own members refuse to follow a simple registration process. Justification of course always follows, and a list of requirements tacked on too. That logic worked out well for the Bundy Group.

Meanwhile, I'm still gobsmacked at a DJI rep admitting to wanting to sell more of their products. What is this world coming to?

(at least we're off the toilet talk).

Last edited by firemanbill; 05-24-2016 at 12:40 PM. Reason: member bashing
Old 05-24-2016, 01:22 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

That's charts depict predicted marketing data based on population centers. On the logistics side, good information for locating distribution center to achieve best rates.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:40 AM
dahawk
Super Contributor

In the 4-5 nearby suburbs surrounding our field near DFW and within a 10 mile radius, there are 833 registrations. 833x 5 = $4,165. I registered before the deadline but never got my $5.00 dollars back. Gov agency ? explains everything

Did anyone get their $5.00 back ?
Old 05-25-2016, 12:48 AM
P51 fan
Amazon Airspace Tester

I did not, but I have seen others have. I also registered before the deadline. In a way, I am glad this list came out, I do not know if there is another source to show if a person is actually registered. Rumors were around that there were fake sites that looked like the legit FAA site.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:42 AM
Porcia83

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
In the 4-5 nearby suburbs surrounding our field near DFW and within a 10 mile radius, there are 833 registrations. 833x 5 = $4,165. I registered before the deadline but never got my $5.00 dollars back. Gov agency ? explains everything

I received a refund within two weeks. I don't know anyone personally who didn't get it back, but read online that some didn't. I would have followed up if it was me, not because of the money, but the principle.

The cost to program, get the site up and running, and administrative costs were just over 2 million. Given the number of people who registered for free (paid, then refunded), it was projected to take over two years before the fees generated equaled the start up and administrative costs to date. If they wanted to make it a revenue generator they could have charged more, or sold ad space (ha).

I did not, but I have seen others have. I also registered before the deadline. In a way, I am glad this list came out, I do not know if there is another source to show if a person is actually registered. Rumors were around that there were fake sites that looked like the legit FAA site.
There was one I saw, as well as 4-5 sites that were offering to help register you for the small fee of $25.00. I know some people were outraged and upset at that, but I thought it was a pretty ingenuous way for some enterprising folks to make a buck providing a service. Opportunistic for sure, but they advertised and provided a service to those who wanted it.

I doubt those sites cost just over 2 million to put up though......and both are offline now.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:13 PM
P51 fan
Amazon Airspace Tester

I would have followed up if it was me, not because of the money, but the principle.
I thought about it, but the headache wasn't worth it to me.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:45 AM
Porcia83

I thought about it, but the headache wasn't worth it to me.
I get it, the time invested isn't worth it.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:52 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

OK play nice. If you keep resort to calling each other names we'll just shut the thread down.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:09 AM
P51 fan
Amazon Airspace Tester

Might as well shut it down, I thought we were playing nice but any real convo or discussion was ruined a few days ago already...no one cares when they are continually attacked by other members. I'm out of here.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:50 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

I'll say it again.......since there are two particular members shagging this thread, who have continuously and intentional commented for the obvious purpose to bring attention to themselves.....this is not the first or only place these two have displayed a lack of consideration for the topic......I'd be more than happy to point out the two.......however, it's pretty obvious.........LOL

Sorry to see a very good topic go to heck by a couple of look-at me's........sorry, but we all can be amused like this watching reality TV...!

Note:

P51 fan........

Even though I was a bit "standoffish" with you early on.......I'm now in the same book, maybe on the same paragraph with you.......sorry for the past indiscretions.......your heart/passion is in the right place as far as I'm concerned.........!
Old 05-26-2016, 05:14 AM
P51 fan
Amazon Airspace Tester

I'd be more than happy to point out the two.......however, it's pretty obvious.........LOL
Ironically, there are two I would point out also...and I guarantee they wouldn't match with your choices. But, I am not a finger pointer...or a cry-button pusher.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:22 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

OK that's enough. thread closed.