So what RC stuff is Santa bringing this year? - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

So what RC stuff is Santa bringing this year?

Old 12-06-2015, 05:56 PM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Default So what RC stuff is Santa bringing this year?

Here's what Santa got be this year (he came early!)
Old 12-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Paul80

Nothing RC stuff is too expensive to ask for it as a present, have to buy all mine myself
Old 12-07-2015, 10:04 AM
Don Sims
Administrator

Have a couple of Air Core air-frames coming. $10 a piece shipped from Tower, hope they are the real deal!
Old 12-07-2015, 02:08 PM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
Have a couple of Air Core air-frames coming. $10 a piece shipped from Tower, hope they are the real deal!
I just did that yesterday too! Glen had one when he came down to visit from Canada and it flew really nice.

I got the power core, the 109, Zero, and Mustang as well as a couple batteries all for under $80 with free shipping and another $8 off coupon.

Not often you can get 3 RTF airplanes for that price.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:38 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

HK Skipper ............

Boxful of Banggood Stabilisers to test and trial....

Haven't decided what else yet !!

Nigel
Old 12-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Panther
Super Contributor

Nothing for me... Got a speeding fine to pay... grrrrr
Old 12-08-2015, 01:54 AM
firemanbill
Community Moderator

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Nothing for me... Got a speeding fine to pay... grrrrr
Bummer!
Old 12-08-2015, 02:28 AM
starcad
Model Designer

He already did and brought the goodies too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_2168.jpg (156.4 KB, 342 views)
Old 12-08-2015, 05:35 PM
arizona98tj

I have nothing coming that will fit under the tree. But I have something on which the tree can sit....our new house we are moving into sits on 80 acres, a mix of woods, pasture, and hay fields. Santa brought me some rural property where I can make a few landing strips and a shooting range or 3. It is in northern Minnesota and the weather is getting cool for flying but I'm going to experiment a bit with getting something RCing across the snow. Having retired a week ago, I will hopefully now have the time to do a few of these things.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:00 PM
formontoya

Originally Posted by arizona98tj View Post
I have nothing coming that will fit under the tree. But I have something on which the tree can sit....our new house we are moving into sits on 80 acres, a mix of woods, pasture, and hay fields. Santa brought me some rural property where I can make a few landing strips and a shooting range or 3. It is in northern Minnesota and the weather is getting cool for flying but I'm going to experiment a bit with getting something RCing across the snow. Having retired a week ago, I will hopefully now have the time to do a few of these things.
congratulations for making it that far (retirement)!

on a side...an 48" Aerobeez Extra 330 airframe is on a FedEx truck scheduled for today's delivery. Santa just needs to come off with servos/ESC/motor combo...
Old 12-08-2015, 07:11 PM
NJSwede
3D wannabe

No RC-stuff under the tree this year. A combination of slower business (less commission) and lack of time for RC. But also a result of me going absolutely crazy with the purchases last year. Maybe Santa will bring some plywood so I can repair the landing gear mount on my Aeroplus 76" Edge, but that's about it. And oh, maybe an ESC and some batteries to I can put in a 12S system.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:29 PM
DHC Beaver

My santa is too fiscally challenged to bring me what I want.
I was looking at HK,s Pilatus Porter during the big sale last week,but they wouldn't ship that size box to my country.
I'll have to content myself with building another Capricorn.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:17 AM
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

It won't be Santa or RC this Christmas......More like kids, wife, in-laws, Grandson will get the Santa treatment........and what I suggested was hunting related........
Old 12-09-2015, 11:46 PM
dahawk
Super Contributor

Santa came early for me too with the splurge on the HK Lancaster and PC-9 Texan II blow-out sale during Black Friday. Mrs. Claus will not contribute to my addiction so I'm done for the year. Birthday and Christmas run 5 days apart I sense a sweater coming- sigh

But, I'll have more fun buying for my kids and grandkids
Old 12-10-2015, 12:49 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

80 wooded acres in rural Minnesota? I'll take that over any model any day.
Old 12-10-2015, 01:21 AM
arizona98tj

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
80 wooded acres in rural Minnesota? I'll take that over any model any day.
I grew up there and having just turned 60 this year, I decided enough was enough and it was time to pull the work plug and move back. We still have our health so we look forward to growing/raising a variety of things to eat.

Back on topic......that being said, I've never built a runway and want to do one or two....long enough for electrics, no desire to fly gassers (not yet anyway). What section of the forum does one post questions about runways?
Old 12-10-2015, 05:30 AM
maxflyer

OMG! Mostly stories of deprivation and wo here. Guess I'll go over to that "other" place.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:02 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Santa came early for me too with the splurge on the HK Lancaster and PC-9 Texan II blow-out sale during Black Friday. Mrs. Claus will not contribute to my addiction so I'm done for the year. Birthday and Christmas run 5 days apart I sense a sweater coming- sigh

But, I'll have more fun buying for my kids and grandkids
I have B/day 8 days after Xmas ... so I too will be short on presents !

nigel
Old 12-10-2015, 06:09 AM
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by maxflyer View Post
OMG! Mostly stories of deprivation and wo here.
Yeah, disappointing and saddening to read that budgets are biting many people so hard that they cant treat themselves to a little 'RC therapy' at Christmas. There were some good Black Friday sales too so many bargains to be had.

Nigel, the proximity of your birthday to Christmas surely gives you double the reason to be getting new 'toys'... no? My birthday is also close to Christmas which gave me the excuse to indulge myself in a combined gift to myself, the heli in the photo.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:19 AM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Yeah, disappointing and saddening to read that budgets are biting many people so hard that they cant treat themselves to a little 'RC therapy' at Christmas. There were some good Black Friday sales too so many bargains to be had.

Nigel, the proximity of your birthday to Christmas surely gives you double the reason to be getting new 'toys'... no? My birthday is also close to Christmas which gave me the excuse to indulge myself in a combined gift to myself, the heli in the photo.
I live inside Russian Community.

Western Christmas ... 25th

New Year ... Jan 1

My B/Day ... Jan 2

Russian Xmas ... Jan 7

I actually have treated myself this year with agreement of Her Indoors ... the Skipper as well as building a new Polaris.

Xmas I am likely to be in Singapore anyway working ...

Nigel
Old 12-11-2015, 01:39 AM
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

An AnyLink 2 since the original AnyLink that plugs into the charge port and trainer port has blown 3 fuses in my DX7 spectrum Tx... The model 2 has it's own small battery in it and doesn't use the Tx's power. The wife has to wrap it yet and put it under the tree.. Should be just right cause I can't fly in the local gym until after Christmas anyway...... :-)
Old 12-12-2015, 03:34 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Build Review

I grew up there and having just turned 60 this year, I decided enough was enough and it was time to pull the work plug and move back. We still have our health so we look forward to growing/raising a variety of things to eat.

Back on topic......that being said, I've never built a runway and want to do one or two....long enough for electrics, no desire to fly gassers (not yet anyway). What section of the forum does one post questions about runways?
Well it's not exactly here, but as far as tips on building your own field perhaps an E-mail to the A.M.A. might be a good place to start.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Leadchucker
Curmudgeon

No planes but a new (to us) aircraft carrier. Our Tahoe go totaled when a woman on a cell phone made a left right in front of me.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Bald Paul

Santa brought me a box of goodies I needed to help out with my new project! Wheels, locking collars, control horns, pushrods, spinner, landing gear straps, etc. It's amazing how he knew exactly what I wanted! I think he hacked into my Tower Hobbies wish list - or read the email link I had sent to my wife.

Oh, he didn't forget her. She got a nice necklace with three shiny stones. The four pups all got new food bowls and chew treats.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Bald Paul

You may want to leave a message for Rick at the Lazy Loopers page.

https://www.facebook.com/lazyloopers

It's the club I belonged to prior to my move south. They had just put in a fabric runway that was an absolute joy to fly from. No issues with even the smallest wheels on park flyer sized planes.

Quick Reply: So what RC stuff is Santa bringing this year?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.14703 seconds with 16 queries