did you know? phones track and record you every move!! - Page 2 - WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

did you know? phones track and record you every move!!

Old 06-16-2015, 10:47 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

But the tin hat crowd is so entertaining...

Especially when you tell them that the tin hat won't work without a 2 inch thick lead liner fully encasing the skull.
No air holes allowed.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:07 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

wow,jetplaneflyrer,

don't get your kilts all up in a bunch.[jk] sure seem to have hit a nerve there good buddy,no ones getting upset here or even cares about the big brother BS ,we'er just chatting,thats all.

JPF,

your absolutely right,the world is spiraling out of control with so many things terribly wrong,to talk about them here would be depressing. i guess thats why the "off topic" chat threads can be distracting to the many stresses we all have in life.wattflyer is just a great place to get away with folks of like minds.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:36 AM
theapplepi3.14
Totally Non-Newtonian

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
wow,jetplaneflyrer,

don't get your kilts all up in a bunch.[jk] sure seem to have hit a nerve there good buddy,no ones getting upset here or even cares about the big brother BS ,we'er just chatting,thats all.

JPF,

your absolutely right,the world is spiraling out of control with so many things terribly wrong,to talk about them here would be depressing. i guess thats why the "off topic" chat threads can be distracting to the many stresses we all have in life.wattflyer is just a great place to get away with folks of like minds.
It is interesting to study history because when you do you realize that there has probably never been a time when people didn't think things are changing, and that they used to be better. Even in the Pax Romana (sp?) there was a large separation of wealth, and many problems persisted. It is one of the reasons why the romans spent so much on gladiator battles: because they wanted to distract the people from the inequalities and suffering they endured. Also, as a side note, some problems seem to be replaced by others after reform, but some just keep reappearing again and again. This cycle has gone on for thousands of years. Imagine what the "generation gap" was like during the enlightenment era!

To prevent political fights I suggest only talking about history of now-gone cultures or civilizations. Things will be happier this way!
Old 06-17-2015, 01:37 AM
theapplepi3.14
Totally Non-Newtonian

so basically what I am saying is the world has been spiraling out of control for thousands of years, all that has changed is what is causing the spiral.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:41 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

And you're just now realizing this? BB has been watching for decades if not longer Along with his sons, daughters, nephews, cousins uncles aunts.....
Old 06-17-2015, 05:18 AM
dereckbc
Super Contributor

You just now discovered this? Been that way for over 10 years now. You can prevent applications from tracking your movement, but there is nothing you can do to prevent your carrier (cellular phone company) from knowing your location, and law enforcement. That is how they caught OJ.

GPS was added some 15 years ago for 911 services. So that when you call the operator knows where you are. In fact you cannot hang up on a 911 Operator. Once they answer they have control of your phone called Called Party Supervision.

Cellular phones requires your location in order for it to work. It uses GPS and Timing Signals from the nearest cell tower. Only way you can stop being tracked is to turn off your phone. Otherwise someone knows where your phone is at all times.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:27 AM
Swiss Flyer
In the clouds

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Who gives a rats if your phone knows where you have been? It just seems like paranoia to me for the hardcore 'tin foil hat' wearer
In his day George Orwell was accused of being a wild conspiracy theorist, but now he is called prophetic. However what is universally true is that knowledge is power, and the more they know about us the easier we are to control.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:28 PM
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

Ok, lets make things worse.

You do know that when taking a picture with a cell phone, that the GPS data is embedded into the picture, and when and if you post that picture anywhere, some could download it and figure out where you are/were ? Lets say you post it on FB and saying something like "Having fun" and don't say where your at because your paranoid about someone knowing your not home. Well you just told everyone where your at, and now they could come visit your house cause they will trace your address from other pictures you put up when at home in your backyard having a BBQ !!!

Also a lot of the cameras bought in about the last 2 years are able to embed GPS data into the pictures.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:14 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

We are now moving into the realms of Hollywood crap now !!

Movies / TV series give out that GPS this and that and in reality - its rubbish.

It amazes me how many believe the rubbish ....

Close friend of mine was the R&D manager of Nokia ........... wanna argue with him ?

Nigel
Old 06-23-2015, 04:55 PM
Wisc-BK
Watch this........:-(

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
We are now moving into the realms of Hollywood crap now !!

Movies / TV series give out that GPS this and that and in reality - its rubbish.

It amazes me how many believe the rubbish ....

Close friend of mine was the R&D manager of Nokia ........... wanna argue with him ?

Nigel

Sorry to burst you bubble :

http://www.geotacticalsolutions.com/...lr-gps-cameras

and more about mining the data :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1IHRY4xPY
Old 06-23-2015, 05:02 PM
birdDog
Charging....

Location embedding in photos is nothing extremely new. It is provided as a "service" to the consumer.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:35 PM
solentlife
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Wisc-BK View Post
Far from it in fact ....

How often do you install apps to your Android phone ... IPhone ... whatever and the APP asks if you allow access to :

etc.
etc.

As Steve told me - the installation of privacy material was agreed as long as user had option ... trouble is many apps now if you refuse, the access does not install.

That is a different story to whats suggested in previous posts about it being clandestine.
The biggest culprit in fact is Microsoft in this sort of matter ...

Nigel
Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 PM
fhhuber
Super Contributor

A lot of Tin hats needing new lead liners in here...

A proper tin hat needs a 2 inch thick lead liner that fully encloses the skull.
No gaps allowed.
Air holes are gaps.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:08 PM
birdDog
Charging....

I guess I could be OK with that.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:13 PM
tobydogs
love to build!

wow! i just looked up her information through that photo...she's located at this address. //><;+//%^^*&#@ ?<>^*%#@>.

sorry,i encoded the address so you all will leave her alone.

now off with you all,get a life for cry in out loud!!! leave the poor girl alone.
Old 06-24-2015, 12:46 AM
FlyWheel
Ochroma Pyramidale Tekton

Ever see Enemy Of The State with Will Smith? It was years out of date before it was even filmed.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:40 AM
tobydogs
love to build!

a great movie!!