Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Tri-phan - thrust vectoring tri-copter by monophan

Old 09-08-2019, 03:34 AM
VAALLEON
MONOPHAN

Getting the unit dialed at last... Strong winds today. The unit flies really good. I switched back and forth between thrust vectoring to differential flight a couple of times during the flight. Optical flow works but was unable to compensate the wind push. I will increase the compensation and try again.

Old 09-10-2019, 02:22 AM
VAALLEON
MONOPHAN

At last I can rely on this unit not to fall out of sky and have some fun… It is a little wobbly and has some servo oscillation but I really like it like that. I think it gives the unit character��

The flight begins with a flight with differential thrust, then I switch ch 5 to mid and it switches to thrust vectoring. It is a little slower response but still flies really good. Then ch 5 low activates optical flow and baro. There is a nice close-up that show how the servos compensate and keep the unit in place. The wind is not strong but you can certainly feel it.

The best part is this unit excites me and makes me want to fly more, and push it further… Everything works perfectly and nothing heats up, except the battery… Buying this battery was a mistake…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQXnSrtlayo