Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

AP Heli Forum

Old 04-25-2009, 02:02 AM
scott w

Default AP Heli Forum

If any of you are interested in getting a section inside the AP forum devoted to AP with a Heli please post your vote. I think there is enough interest to get it going.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:07 PM
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

The heli guys do seem to be in a league of their own when it comes to AP/AV. I loved Chargenut's video in the AV contest #3. Check it out.

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41651
Old 04-25-2009, 07:31 PM
Kosh
Super Contributor

I thought about that before and went through a few years worth of posts to see if it would be viable here. To tell you the truth I didn't think there would be enough postings to make it a worthwhile addition. Most all of the contests are open to Heli's and a few have won such as Kirsty. Adding a forum like this might make since in a year or two as the membership increases.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM
scott w

Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
I thought about that before and went through a few years worth of posts to see if it would be viable here. To tell you the truth I didn't think there would be enough postings to make it a worthwhile addition. Most all of the contests are open to Heli's and a few have won such as Kirsty. Adding a forum like this might make since in a year or two as the membership increases.
The sad thing is you may be right. I thought by now there would have been more interest. Like you said, maybe in time.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:27 PM
scott w

Kosh; If you have a heli would it possible for you to attach your small camera on it and do video?
Old 04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Kosh
Super Contributor

Sorry, No heli here because a dog ate it.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
stinkweed007
Super Contributor

The simple truth is, AP is only a select portion of the entire hobby. Extreemly inventive and creative with all the different types of rigs, cameras and styles. But I honestly think that although the aircraft are different, the principal is the same. I love Crash9's stuff and I can watch it in amazement all day, but ultimately its still AP/AV. I think seperating the two vehicle types could actually deprive aspiring or current AP/AV pilots of helpful info just because they might only look in the Fixed Wing as apposed to Heli.. or vice versa. even though the AP/AV rigs use mostly the same equipment.

Sure Crash9 can Hover.. and my Big Fish can't.. but I can stay up a whole lot longer on 1 charge.. And Kosh did get brought down by 4 legged artillary.

This is just all my opinion. We have Heli and Fixed wing forums of all types, I think WF is good with that.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:39 AM
scott w

Maybe I need a course on how to get around in the forum but go into the AP section search and type in helicopter and see what you get. I would like to be able to only read information on AP helicoper threads.