WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - 1913 Eastbourne monoplane
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 04:20 PM
p.atricapilus

Default Power system

Hello FlyWheel,

Did you ever find a suitable inrunner to use with it? I am dealing with a similar situation. I rediscovered the same kit I bought 10-15 years ago. Never touched, and apparently I ordered all the covering, Olympus mini gearbox, prop, Nicad battery, etc., at the same time. Everything but a new 400 speed motor and ESC. I bet I have a suitable used motor and ESC from an old foam plane (Wingo) I used to fly, but should I use them? I also thought it would make some sense to find a newer inrunner/Lipo/ESC combo to slip into the gearbox so that I would not have to change the motor mount or alter the plane too much.

I am a teacher and usually start a new build during winter break between semesters. Trying to get a project lined up for the end of the month. Wondering if I should invest in a new power system for the plane, try to piece something together with outdated hardware, or scrap the whole idea and ask my wife to get me a totally different model for Christmas.

Any advise would be very appreciated!

Page generated in 0.09846 seconds with 8 queries