WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight - View Single Post - Question ALFA planes
Thread: Question ALFA planes
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #16
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

Club: rcg staff
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by mattman0182 View Post
There are some on ebay. But id not get one because id be afraid of destroying it on first crash.
They fly so well that there's little concern about crashing them. I've had their FW190 since the initial release, and it's my overall best flyer after flying 50 models or so. Light and incredibly flyable with no bad habits. I would be much more concerned about the "so-called" more durable EPS and EPP foam planes, as they are much heavier, more difficult to fly, and crash much harder than than an Alfa, which is much easier to do with a heavier plane with less agility. I would literally say that with minor training, anyone should be able to fly a good flying Alfa warbird forever without crashing, as long as they don't take excessive risks while flying. The responsiveness and handling is so good, that I've gotten out of a few very close situations that I never would have with heavier warbirds. I have a large collection of hand build models and have been parting with most all of my foamie ARFs. I'll still keep the Alfa 190 after getting rid of all the other foamies, as it's a real keeper.

Page generated in 0.03152 seconds with 8 queries