WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Texas Area Clubs? (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45041)

TxDragin 03-23-2009 01:29 AM

Texas Area Clubs?
 
Wow... Is there any one here from Texas?? ????

max2112 03-23-2009 02:36 AM


Originally Posted by TxDragin (Post 582638)
Wow... Is there any one here from Texas?? ????

Hi, TD! First of all, WELCOME to WattFlyer!!

It's always great to see new faces. Especially when they're just up the road. :)
There are several TX members on WattFlyer, and I have read about several events in the DFW area in the past.

Best of luck and hopefully more folks will chime in.

MadMonkey 03-23-2009 02:40 AM

Present! I'm not too far from you here in Grapevine :)

TxDragin 03-23-2009 02:40 AM


Originally Posted by max2112 (Post 582683)
Hi, TD! First of all, WELCOME to WattFlyer!!

It's always great to see new faces. Especially when they're just up the road. :)
There are several TX members on WattFlyer, and I have read about several events in the DFW area in the past.

Best of luck and hopefully more folks will chime in.

Ft. Hood. WOW Howdy neighbor. I would love to get into the local R/C scene. I have been looking for area events but as of yet I haven't found any. :{ But I will not be deterred. :cool:

TxDragin 03-23-2009 02:42 AM


Originally Posted by MadMonkey (Post 582686)
Present! I'm not too far from you here in Grapevine :)

Hi Grapevine!! How do you like this freakin WIND today? lol I tried to fly early this morn but the wind came up to speed fast. Let me know if you hear of any area events bro.. I will do the same. :tc:

Good to meet ya.

rcers 03-23-2009 02:43 AM

Here also - fly at the 114th in Grapevine and small stuff in Trophy club....

You OK with Grapevine? Won't find a better club. Not sure if Denton is closer.

TxDragin 03-23-2009 02:46 AM


Originally Posted by rcers (Post 582697)
Here also - fly at the 114th in Grapevine and small stuff in Trophy club....

You OK with Grapevine? Won't find a better club. Not sure if Denton is closer.


I would love to come see some flying but it is a lil bit too far for me to drive on a regular basis. Let me know when yall are going to have a fly-in or something. I would like to meet some area flyers.

Good to meet ya rcers.

groundrushesup 03-23-2009 02:50 AM


Originally Posted by TxDragin (Post 582638)
Wow... Is there any one here from Texas?? ????


Yeah there are quite a few of us - but I know there are plenty of flyers that don't use this forum in the DFW area. Check ut your local hobby shops for info.

TxDragin 03-23-2009 02:54 AM


Originally Posted by groundrushesup (Post 582705)
Yeah there are quite a few of us - but I know there are plenty of flyers that don't use this forum in the DFW area. Check ut your local hobby shops for info.

Thanks bro. I have been checking around. Just wanting to get a wass up from my fellow Texas flyers. Wass up bro? :)

Good to meet ya.

groundrushesup 03-23-2009 03:00 AM


Originally Posted by TxDragin (Post 582710)
Thanks bro. I have been checking around. Just wanting to get a wass up from my fellow Texas flyers. Wass up bro? :)

Good to meet ya.

Same here mang. If we ever put a central texas flying event together like I want to do we'll be sure to holler up your way :P

TxDragin 03-23-2009 03:02 AM


Originally Posted by groundrushesup (Post 582717)
Same here mang. If we ever put a central texas flying event together like I want to do we'll be sure to holler up your way :P

Please do let me know. I like road trips. :D

MadMonkey 03-23-2009 03:08 AM


Originally Posted by TxDragin (Post 582696)
Hi Grapevine!! How do you like this freakin WIND today? lol I tried to fly early this morn but the wind came up to speed fast. Let me know if you hear of any area events bro.. I will do the same. :tc:

Good to meet ya.

I HATE the wind. I did manage to fly my TRex in the backyard today, but that's about it. Wednesday is looking good, though ;)


Originally Posted by rcers (Post 582697)
Here also - fly at the 114th in Grapevine and small stuff in Trophy club....

You OK with Grapevine? Won't find a better club. Not sure if Denton is closer.

Uh oh, I'd better not say anything embarrassing until I find out who you really are... I fly at the 114th too :eek:

Angler-Hi 03-23-2009 03:12 AM

Welcome to Wattflyer friend! Where is Azle, Texas?

Mike

Angler-Hi 03-23-2009 03:42 AM

WOW, you're only about 3 hours from me TxDragin. A fly-in should definitely be do-able!

MadMonkey 03-23-2009 04:15 AM


Originally Posted by TxDragin (Post 582700)
I would love to come see some flying but it is a lil bit too far for me to drive on a regular basis. Let me know when yall are going to have a fly-in or something. I would like to meet some area flyers.

3DHobbyShop is putting on a fun fly in a couple of months, and we have a float fly coming up.

AFAIK there's no club fun fly events scheduled, but we do have them now and then. You're welcome any time!

Here's our website: http://www.114thrc.org/index.html

Chuck M. 11-01-2009 02:58 AM

Yes- I am from Wataga Tx.

Chuck M. 11-01-2009 03:00 AM

I just joined this website yesterday so I am quite new to this type of computer chat stuff.

groundrushesup 11-01-2009 03:18 AM


Originally Posted by Chuck M. (Post 657545)
I just joined this website yesterday so I am quite new to this type of computer chat stuff.

Well, Chuck, welcome to WattFlyer. We hear you 5x5. :D

I'm from Boerne down in the Hill Country. Watauga is up around Ft Worth, right?

Don Sims 11-01-2009 11:03 AM

Chuck M., looks like you got posting figured out! Welcome to the site!

Chuck M. 11-24-2009 03:59 PM

SE5-A
 
I am building a Balsa USA SE5-A 1/4 scale kit and am making it electric. Have chosen the AXI 5345/18 motor. Does this seem ok, this combination? Any comments, suggestions are very welcome.

rcers 11-24-2009 04:05 PM

What is the AUW going to be (estimated)?

I am suspecting that motor will be overkill....

edit...

Just pulled up the web site they say 18-20 lbs. If you keep it light (remember electric) you should be able to hit 18lbs.

At that weight - I would way 100-125w/lb - scale would be more like (40w/lb :) ) I would head more in a 10s and this motor:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=EFLM4160A

If you are 18-20 lbs (and plan on that battery being FAR forward so you don't have to add nose weight) I think that would be much better.

Although you could argue the weight may be needed anyway.

Mike

DaveG99 12-17-2009 05:49 AM

texas checking in. I fly mostly at renner field. Its an un official field at george bush turnpike and renner rd

radialarm 12-17-2009 06:46 AM

Howdy and welcome to Wattflyer!!! We can't be too far apart. Azle is only 12 miles from Boyd!:D

I ran across these guys last week!

http://www.springtownrcc.com/

I haven't been to visit them yet, but I met one of their members in the hardware store last week!

texasclouds 12-17-2009 04:45 PM

i'm in Bryan, Texas. Fly at the north side of Veterans Park in the evenings.

Angler-Hi 12-17-2009 06:34 PM


Originally Posted by texasclouds (Post 672650)
i'm in Bryan, Texas. Fly at the north side of Veterans Park in the evenings.

Where exactly is Bryan? How far are you away from Killeen (Ft. Hood)?


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:19 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

Page generated in 0.04873 seconds with 7 queries