WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Foamies (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pink Pusher Jet Build (https://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24014)

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 05:29 AM

Pink Pusher Jet Build

10 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone :ws: I ordered some Receivers for my foamy airplanes, So While waiting for them to arrive, I thought I would scratch build another Foamy Plane and share it, at the end of the build i will post some plans for those that would like to build it ,This pusher is a take off of a few pusher jets on the market, I took all the best from each one, and put it into this Jet, it has a 8 1/2" between the booms, so a lot of different motors and props can be used, it has a 30" wing span, so its easy to see in the air at a distance, here is whats been done so far.

1. cut the wing out from a section of 30" x 12" 6mm depron
2. cut out the elevator from 6 mm depron
3. cut the twin booms from 6 mm depron and glued some 1/4 x 1/4 " bass
wood under the booms for added strength.
4. cut slots in the wing and added some twin 6mm carbon fiber tubes and
epoxyed them in place.
5. added some PINK color trim, with some silver and purple

Biplane Murphy 09-03-2007 05:36 AM

Hi Chellie:)..... So I must be going colorblind.:<.......It looks white to me....hehehe

Are you planning on a nice pink paint scheme?

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 05:44 AM

10 Attachment(s)
A little more done,

1. cut out the ailerons and sanded the hinge side with a 45 degree angle
2. taped the hinges in place, leave about 1/16" gap at the wing and 1/8"
on the side
3. tape the top flat, then fold the aileron to a 45 degree angle and place
the tape on the 45 degree section thats been sanded, I used clear
packing tape on top, and some scotch stretch packing tape on the
bottom, so it wont be to stiff.
4. taped the elevator the same way.
5. when cutting carbon fiber, you dont want to breath the dust from it,
so I use a wet paper towel, lay it in the miter box to catch the dust,
works great, then just throw out the paper towel.

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy (Post 265070)
Hi Chellie:)..... So I must be going colorblind.:<.......It looks white to me....hehehe

Are you planning on a nice pink paint scheme?

Hi Chris :ws: Yes it will have a Pink color scheme :silly: :ws: ;-) you will see it sooooon take care, Chellie

Biplane Murphy 09-03-2007 05:55 AM

Hi Chellie... I really like that wet paper towel trick for cutting the carbon fiber.:tc:

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy (Post 265082)
Hi Chellie... I really like that wet paper towel trick for cutting the carbon fiber.:tc:

It works great and the water helps to cut the carbon fiber too :ws:

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 07:32 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Its getting there, getting a little more done :ws:

1. glued the nose / canopy section to the top of the wing
2. cut a little off the bottom section of skid to allow for wing thickness
and to allow skid to fit flush with canopy/nose section.
3. cut out nose side sections and glue into place,

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 09:08 AM

All Done

5 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone :ws: Its done, Except for the electronics ;-) every thing went together very well, I used 5 min epoxy for most of the build, 30 min epoxy was used to glue in the carbon fiber rods in the wing, here is what has been done on the last part of the build.

1. glued the bottom skid section to the canopy, glued the nose side
section in place using 5 min epoxy,
2. the motor mount can be a flat wood mount or a wood stick mount,
which ever mount is needed can just be added on with epoxy, this
jet will get a stick mount, I just need to cut out a little foam and
epoxy a 3/8"x3/8" x 5" piece of basswood in.
3. You dont have to trim it in PINK if you dont want to :silly: ;-) here is a
a Blue one that I built a while back,
4. Some plans will be added a little later, as I have to draw them up :ws:
5. This Pusher Jet will get a 2408-21 Towerpro brushless outrunner, a 1200mah 11.1v ,3 cell lipo and a 30 amp ESC and a 6x6 GWS prop, a 7x6 cut down to a 6x6, and should go about 60mph, I Hope ;-)
6. THE C G is 13 " from the nose of the plane back, on top of the fuselage at the CG
use a small screw and attach a 4"string to it, attach the screw and string to the foam
fuselage at the top and at the CG, lift the plane by the string, this will allow you to Check
CG and wing tip to wing tip balance. leave the string on the plane, to check balance with
different batteries.

Saucerguy2 09-03-2007 10:53 AM

Excellent work Chellie, I really like the styling. !!!!

smokejohnson 09-03-2007 01:42 PM

Very nice Chellie...as always ;):D.

Grasshopper 09-03-2007 01:48 PM

Amazing Chellie! All that in a day? It would have taken me a week to do that.
Very nice!

gfdengine204 09-03-2007 01:55 PM

So, how much are you charging for those Chellie? :)

Spencer J 09-03-2007 07:18 PM

Very cool!!

I found some thin 8.5x11 clear plastic sheets with a sticky side at Michaels yesterday, I'm going to experiment on printing designs on those and applying them to foam surfaces and using them as an alternative covering on balsa models (My last attempt of using surran warp failed miserably :o)

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by smokejohnson (Post 265145)
Very nice Chellie...as always ;):D.

Thank you for the complements :ws: Johnson , take care & stay Sweet, Chellie

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Grasshopper (Post 265147)
Amazing Chellie! All that in a day? It would have taken me a week to do that.
Very nice!

Thank you Tom, Now i just need to Maiden it, I had the patterns already made, from the last pusher jet that I made, that jet went to a hobby shop in New York, the owner really liked it, but he had to close his hobby shop due to cash flow problems, so I will be selling a foam only kit on e Bay very soon, for $25.00 to include shipping, to see how it goes, Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE 09-03-2007 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Spencer J (Post 265305)
Very cool!!

I found some thin 8.5x11 clear plastic sheets with a sticky side at Michaels yesterday, I'm going to experiment on printing designs on those and applying them to foam surfaces and using them as an alternative covering on balsa models (My last attempt of using surran warp failed miserably :o)

Hi Spencer :ws: thank you for the complement :ws: let us all know how the clear plastic sheets turn out, that sounds interesting, Take care, Chellie

DavidWent 09-03-2007 11:33 PM

Beautiful !!!!!

...and the jet too!! Many thanks Chellie!

David

oimmuk 09-04-2007 05:18 PM

Chellie you are awesome... Keep up the good work, it is an inspiration to see the birds you make.

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/6400/1560zy.png

CHELLIE 09-04-2007 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by oimmuk (Post 265778)
Chellie you are awesome... Keep up the good work, it is an inspiration to see the birds you make.

That Is Soooooo Cute :$ Thank You for the complements, your Sweet,
I will be adding some plans soon, just need to finish drawing them up, and I will have a video of it flying soon Too, Take care, Chellie

MikeMc 09-04-2007 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by oimmuk (Post 265778)

OTSIJTU

^ Oh The Smell I Just Threw Up :Q

CHELLIE 09-04-2007 09:54 PM

Yes that sounds like something SPONGBOB WOULD say :Q Eat 2 Crabby Patties, and you will feel better in the Morning :Q :ws: :silly: ;-) Chellie

Biplane Murphy 09-04-2007 09:58 PM

Looks nice Chellie.:)

MikeMc 09-04-2007 10:07 PM

Chellie, that's your kitchen counter top isn't it?

CHELLIE 09-04-2007 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Biplane Murphy (Post 265901)
Looks nice Chellie.:)

Thank you Chris :ws: drawing some plans right now to add to the thread, Have fun with your dragon, cant wait to see some video of it, Take care, Chellie

CHELLIE 09-04-2007 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by MikeMc (Post 265909)
Chellie, that's your kitchen counter top isn't it?

No :Q its a compact building table / shelf that i made, its made from 1" x 12" x 8ft shelf board, has a sheet of peg board on the back side, the top has a piece of partical board 1" X 12" x 4' long, that hinges at the top, I swing that up and support it, it has a tube light attached to it, in the middle, the table is 4' x 32" it is hinged at the bottom, and swings down, it has 2 legs that screw on the bottom of the table, when I am done with the building table, i unscrew the legs, and fold the table up, then i fold the top section down, and lock it, its very compact, it sits against the wall, and only stickes out about 12" from the wall, its about 7' high X 4' wide X 12" in depth, and there is storage under the table, I needed something to build on, during the winter months in the house, as its to cold outside to build, and right now its too hot outside, its been like about 108 degrees here the last few days, so this building table allows me to build all year long, inside my house, and does not take up a lot of room, I am renting a small 2 bedroom house, and there is not a lot of room in these older homes, so it workes out great, take care, Chellie